very disapointed with the continued Archery nerfs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fenrus MacRath, Sep 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Curse2

Curse2 Avatar

I disagree Sir. You absolutely use Focus on Air and Tactics as well as Focus skills live and active while fighting, or Beserker's eats your Health away. Maybe you were not aware of this? What Focus does a Fire Mage use while kiting mobs through Fire? I declare all Fire Mages are sinister for not using focus to kite mobs through Fire!

Anyway, why argue with you, you support the game and always have, so thanks for doing so. Not so much appreciation here for the total revamp required now because of well intended people!

2. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Sounds like we need another dance party, pretty sure that will fix everything....

If it don’t and you miss that op feeling like ur unstoppable try out a fire mage in Tartarus.

On and @Antrax Artek I laughed at the whole give cotos as rewards for pvp conflict, I’m pretty sure that’s not gonna be exploited much.

Gorthyn, Jaesun and Cordelayne like this.
  3. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

I definitely think fire mages are OP in PVE much more than what archers were, this doesn't mean archery didn't need to be fixed.
    Just make all the classes competitive in PVE fixing mobs and game mechanics, maybe make mobs use douse and remove all the fire dots like players do, and fix the stupid AI that makes mob standing like dumbs into a ring of fire.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  4. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

Once we get frenzy...everything will be ok. That's right, I made this thread about taming and no one can stop me! :D

5. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I’ve been playing this game for a long time I’ve rode the balance teeter totter more than once, while it’s true archery was broken in both pvp and pve it’s also true I’ve never played a more powerful pve build for the smallest exp effort than I’m currently playing now. I took my 16 million in fire and added 24 million in spec invested in fire gear and crap I feel like reporting my self for exploiting.

Where I really agree with you is other trees need that feeling of power effect I’m speaking of the ones that don’t get much use and I’m speaking pve only pvp is more complicated with cc etc. air water earth death (excluding corpse explosion strong as F) chaos and moon via a DD spell all need some pve fixes.

Heavy armor spec tanks need a huge hp buff and light armor skills are dumb.

I love that bears can tank I think actual tanks should be able to tank, aoe taunt is really strong I’d prefer to see a strong single target taunt and the aoe one a drip weaker.

6. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Whats the focus cost of charged shot? OH YA, 0. How much focus did I have at the end of fights with the charged shot build? OH YA, all of it. How much focus do I have at the end of the same fight using polearms? About 200 from 1000+ .

Atos has already said fire is next to be hit by the nerf hammer.

7. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

Released 2 years ago, but it's been in development for 6 years now. I do see how artifacts and gear and such would play a big part with these issues that need fixing.

Sara Dreygon, Barugon and Dhanas like this.
  8. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

I changed the topic to Taming...that's what we're taking about now! :D

9. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Hey I had bears in my post!!!

Sara Dreygon, Curse2 and Mac2 like this.
  10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The problem here is that they keep nerfing skills to make up for the OP artifacts. They should've never allowed artifacts to be enchanted/masterworked. It should've been a tradeoff.

11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Most of the "nerfs" were actually bug fixes. The two actual nerfs; scaling the damage down on free-attack and reducing the dexterity bonus on Shield of Air; were, in fact, done for PvP balance.

Fenrus MacRath likes this.
  12. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

No way, the one click 4 passives archer build with air shield was a joke in pvp. with decent DR and torpid torment was a walk in the park.
    They have never been a threat and no one has ever complained about them in pvp, best pvp archers use active skills :p

I think some dragons and spider queens complained about being killed in no time with 100% crit chance unable to damage the target cause they can't cast torpid torment.

Sara Dreygon and Boris Mondragon like this.
  13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It's ultimately because Atos was one-shotted by an archer during one of Chris' livestreams.

Scooby Doo and Curse2 like this.
  14. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Atos gets oneshotted by everything when he's not in god mode, i really doubt that was the cause.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  15. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I'm only relaying what he said.

16. GMDavros

GMDavros Avatar

It seems to me that what may have once been a holistic vision towards play (i.e. balance of skills, gear, buffs, etc.) has fallen by the wayside. The last few years of delivery seem to have been more knee-jerk and haphazard. Symptoms of a loss of talent, direction, and focus.

The concept of "fixing" should attend to things that do not function as designed (and should have been caught in testing). Introducing ANYTHING into the environment should be carefully weighed and debated by the design team before it is even built. The whole concept of OP means that the introduction of something wasn't carefully thought out/tested prior to release. Sure it can happen, especially in a complex system, but it has become an accepted norm to NEED frequent re-balancing rather than tweaking. I'd have been canned if i delivered my systems in this fashion. Maybe not after the first time, but surely before years of mismanagement. But here we are.

Don't misunderstand me here. I play. I'm not going to stop playing since i've made a ton of friends here. I'm still an archer. And quite honestly, i have a ton of respect for these guys as we live similar professional lives. It just saddens me that it I have to accept that this fragmented approach to delivery (and the irritating ups and downs associated with it) are something i'll need to endure as long as i choose to stay.

Fenris

17. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

Taming...we're talking about taming now!

18. GMDavros

GMDavros Avatar

oh gheez. my bad. move along, no dance party to see here...

Sulaene Moon and Curse2 like this.
  19. Curse2

Curse2 Avatar

So, if I drink a safefall potion and lead you off a cliff like a lemming, I would also have used 0 focus. (sorry, I could not resist)

@Mac2 I hope you will be at SOTA CON so I can buy you a beer :)

20. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

You're absolutely right. Or nerf artifacts not the other.

Sara Dreygon, StarLord and Barugon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.