1. All post bodies concerning Shroud of the Avatar player to player transactions or services are limited to this section of the forums. Unwanted solicitation in other sections of the forums or via chat or private message is prohibited, and could result in account restriction or ban. Posting more than once per week within your own thread, "bumping" it to keep it on top, bumping within a week of the first post, and daily replacing a post with a new one is also considered spam and is therefore, prohibited. Bumping is allowed once per week, if the new post contains information that is meaningful to the original thread (i.e. price updates).

Activities that involve real money exchanges between players are not allowed. Account transfers are not supported. Items purchased in the SotA Store, such as Pledge and Bundle Rewards, Add-Ons, Stretch-Goal items, and Player Owned Towns, as well as services that can be immediately fulfilled in-game (such as renting existing in-game property or items) are the only permitted exchanges in the Player Marketplace.

Be sure to include the types of payment accepted in your post [In Game Gold, COTOs/Crowns, or in game item trade]

We will not restrict exchange of goods but we will not officially endorse these exchanges due to liability issues and staffing bandwidth. No in-game or chat based real money exchanges are allowed. Exchanges are at the players own risk and governed by the Terms of Service of whatever third party platform. Catnip Games reserves the right to restrict any activities if they cause widespread issues for our community or if these activities involve exploits of any kind.

Player Owned Towns: Items That Come With a New Town Purchase

Discussion in 'House & Lot Listings (WTS/WTB)' started by Gideon Thrax, Oct 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Avatar

I know this is not where to look, but if any of you come across someone selling a holdfast or hamlet I am looking to buy one.
    also have a question I think the answer is yes, but would like to get confirmation... I was allowed to keep the set of npc shops and shrines etc from one of the pots I had and sold a year or so ago. I am assuming if I found another POT without those items I could use mine that I have if I purchased it.

2. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

Correct, you as owner or any steward can put down any sourced materials - they are not unique, mix and match away.

V/R Brickbat

3. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

Hi there! I am customizing my POT and see that there are drop down choices for NPC Buildings. Why would I have them in my inventory also? If I'm choosing them in the settings, what do I do with them in my inventory?

4. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

The drop down menus are only for Static design, where the devs make your scene.

However almost everyone has opted for Custom scene where you yourself chose what to put where etc. Which is why you have all that stuff in your inventory.

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  5. Xkhan

Xkhan Avatar

Are POT still not able to be purchased from SOTA? Have they said more will open up for E2?

Xee likes this.
  6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Xee likes this.
  7. Xkhan

Xkhan Avatar

Thanks @Alley Oop ! So no. No POT from Episode 1 and Episode 2 all sold out too. My option is to pay the overpriced amount from someone selling and hope they dont screw me and it will be a type I dont want in a layout I don't want. Super.

Xee likes this.
  8. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

overpriced? iirc, it has been a while since a town was listed at or above original sale price in the forums. if you're that interested in owning one and below "retail" prices are still too high, make them an offer for what you think it's worth. however, keep in mind that doing the transfer and making sure you get all the items is not trivial. there is also some value in using a trusted party for the transaction.

i do know of one town with overland access that is "overpriced" right now from a trusted trader. you get all the town stuff (lot markers, etc) and instant access to the governor's account. so, you don't have to wait a full release to start setting it up. you're also deal with a trusted 3rd party. if i were in the market for a town, all of that would be worth the "premium" price. but, each to their own.

Xee and Alleine Dragonfyre like this.
  9. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

I had help from Andernut when i bought my POT ..if trust is an issue i reccomend him . As for the layout after you buy the POT and you get ownership you can choose any layout you want before it gets placed on map .

Good luck .

Xee, Lained and that_shawn_guy like this.
  10. Xkhan

Xkhan Avatar

Thank you @Elrond and @that_shawn_guy I shouldnt' be salty just frustrating. So if I buy a POT from another player I can change the layout...can I change the type as well? For example if its 'Forest A' can I change to deserta or something?

Xee and that_shawn_guy like this.
  11. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Of course you can change whatever you want ... you select a layout type like forest or desert ...also you can choose location where you want it placed ..port will do its best to place it as close possible to your options ( if theres room on the world map ).

PS

I reacted the same before i bought my POT ..frustrated cause i couldnt find any ...just had to post some adds of WTB and contact the right people.

Xee and that_shawn_guy like this.
  12. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

it will be yours to do with as you wish. change the name, location, it's to any of the templates (https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=59140) etc.

Xee likes this.
  13. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

@Xee is also very knowledgeable about POT stuff and he helped me tremendously when I adopted my city. :)

Xee, Elrond and that_shawn_guy like this.
  14. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I can tell you all you want on POTS. Owned a few and sold a few.

Transfers can take a month depending on when submitted.

You can change name , theme(Template), location, PVP on/off, and make special requests (these may or may not get approved)

things to know:

1. if people live there and you change the template all people will be evicted. I believe only name change and PVP on/off do not require all to be evicted.
    2. Locations have to be approved by Dev. The area's around central Brit are not longer being allowed for map placed towns because its over crowded. That said if your town is already there recommend not to move it as it has move value because of location.

It takes a service voucher to make any changes once submitted. so if you want to change template again it will costs you every change. you also require a service voucher from either the purchaser or the seller to transfer the POT to another.

It should come with house placement stones and POT NPC's, POT buildings, complete set of Devotionals and a few other POT only decor.

There is a list somewhere.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions cheers.

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  15. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

I really haven't seen overpriced PoT's for sale. Most I've seen lately have gone for what the player paid for them. But always wise to make sure who you're dealing with.

Janek the Just likes this.
  16. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

It really depends on the pot and location. Some areas (Central Britt) are no longer allowing map POTS to be placed. As its become the prime market area. So Map towns in there are worth more currently. I also have not seen to many bad priced ones as of late most are round or just over what they paid as Sean Silverfoot mentioned.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  17. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Agree totally.

18. Janek the Just

Janek the Just Avatar

Just last week I bought a POT, and I am going through the transfer process now. So far, so good - the devs have been responsive, and things are progressing at an expected pace. My expectations are to have everything complete in about 60 days.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  19. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

The faster you get your PoT form locked, the faster it will get in game. At this point, if you do it soon, I'd say you have a good shot at next release.

20. sarbonn

sarbonn Avatar

I've never seen a POT for sale ever. Maybe I just never knew where to look, but even the new offers that went on sale, I never knew about them until someone posted a link to the sales already haven been completed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.