Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Patch did not fix opening containers.

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Ostvel, Sep 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ostvel

Ostvel Avatar

09/16/2019 09:15
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? All Containers placed by anyone anywhere on any lot in the world.
    Details: Anyone can open any container owned by anyone anywhere no matter privacy settings
    Steps to Reproduce: as a NON DEV, open any container owned by anyone anywhere no matter privacy settings
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16283
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU RAM: 6052
    SotA.Win.64.1041.Date.09.13.19
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01_template/Novia Market
    Area Display Name: Novia Market
    Loc: (206.6, 37.1, 308.0)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfE5vdmlhIE1hcmtldHwoMjA2LjU3NywgMzcuMTAxLCAzMDcuOTUzKXwoMCwgLTAuNjQ2LCAwLCAwLjc2Myl8MjQ5Ljg4Mjh8NTEuOTU1NzZ8Ni4zNjIyODQ=

Anyone can still go to any lot in the world no matter about permissions, and open any container on the lot, no matter the permissions. Please make it back so that UNLESS you have the right to add items, or remove items from a container.....that you cannot OPEN said container. This worked before up until recently. for example containers marked "permission to add items: Kindred" "Permission to remove items: Kindred" I should not be able to open that container and look in it, unless I am a KINDRED on the lot. Many permutations to those settings, this is just one example. Thanks.

2. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

About that, im pretty sure all my things in my house permissions was set to coowner, yesterday i dont know why, i checked that and every single chest i have in my house are now permissions set to kindred. I have 8 people added to my lot for using the vendor as kindred, why the heck would i let them pick up my stuff in my chests and set permissions for em all to take anything? Pretty sure something changed in permissions and that without my permissions. I reseted everything back to coowner, hoping it doesnt change magically again.

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

you don't have to give them kindred for that anymore, you can right click the vendor and bring up a permission list just for it.

Ostvel likes this.
  4. Ostvel

Ostvel Avatar

@devilcult, yup now you can remove them from the lot if you want even, they will just still be able to rummage through all your containers though, whether they can remove/move anything or not :p

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  5. DavidDC

I just checked some of my old decoration i placed in there and all is set to Trustee, but magically, all my chest are kindred (container) i never settted that kindred EVER.

6. DavidDC

Also when i check my lot permissions, all is set to private, why none of my thing i place down are set to private?

I added a backpack on the ground a week ago to place mats for someone so i can craft items for him. I just checked back pack, all kindred. Yet i never touched my lot permission since a year or more, and everything is set to private.

Am i missing something or doing something wrong or this is just a complete mess?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  7. DavidDC

And why the heck all the logs got deleted from chests? All i can see is last thing i taked from the chest last time. Hw do i know if one of the 8 people in my lot did take somethion from a chest? Im rarely mad for real but this is the cherry on top of the sunday. Can hardly believe this is happening

Ok, i can see since a month on certain chest (08/30 is the oldest date i got). Still, since when this problem go on? Did those logs got deleted on purpose so we cant see thief or what?

Fionwyn Wyldemane and Rentier like this.
  8. Tailz

Tailz Avatar

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  9. DavidDC

Fionwyn Wyldemane, Rentier and Tailz like this.
  10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

They reworded the patch notes:

11. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo Avatar

Tailz, Fionwyn Wyldemane and Ostvel like this.
  12. DavidDC

So no one tought about turning back the permission to private for everyone?
    And having this problem since so long? Id have stopped everything for everyone and no one would have slept til its fixed.

Tailz, Scooby Doo and Ostvel like this.
  13. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

WTF this is true, I went across the street to another person's house, found a chest, then pressed E. A few seconds later I got to see what was in the chest. Walk all around Kingsport, it's all the same. This is not the way it used to work.

This is stupid and I can't believe they don't understand the problem, other than "devs don't play the game".

Please give me a good reason why you should be able to see the contents of a chest that you can neither add nor remove contents to. (other than the limited usefulness "see the prizes in a contest")

EDIT: and the game knows whether you can do those things or not, just right click and you can see the container permissions

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  14. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

If they are intent on making containers accessible, then at least add a behavior for wooden chests to lock them since they require a locking mechanism to craft. So perhaps the bug should be that the locking mechanism on wooden chests does not lock and prohibit players from opening them.

15. Ostvel

Ostvel Avatar

I think I could get behind the " lock container" if it's implemented like the "lock door" function. Just wish something would be done. The last patch actually changed nothing, the functionality....even the reworded notes...is exactly the same as before the patch that was to fix it.

Barugon and Fionwyn Wyldemane like this.
  16. Ostvel

Ostvel Avatar

So Chris answered my question about containers on stream today. He mentioned awareness that the patch did not fix, and that he was mistaken about what the patch was actually for. As in he thought it was the fix, but it was really something else. He says they are looking into it to get it corrected.
    His reply at 05:42:40 this stream
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/483431284

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    Spoon, Tailz, Alley Oop and 2 others like this.
  17. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yes, this would be really good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.