1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Please make our basements the zone where we can have more pets/npcs and have them 'active'

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Spoon, Sep 19, 2019.

?

What do you think?

Poll closed Oct 31, 2019.
  1. Yes agreed, we need more fun stuff in basements (hides pics from last dance party)

94.1%
  2. Arr ye mates (talk like a pirate day!)

23.5%
  3. No, heaven forbid that there will be more invites to Adultimas in basements everywhere

5.9%
  4. This option is for folks who don't like selecting options in polls

5.9%
  5. Yes please, finally I can have a vendor on top and fido in the basement...hmm that sounded wrong.

29.4%
  6. Spoon, have you been to castle basements their load and lag is insane already!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. In before the ban

5.9%
  8. Can I haz ur stuff? (sound of teeny tiny violin in background)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. No, there is much more important stuff to be working on. World peace anyone?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. This is really one option too much, Spoon.

29.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

I usually suggest this every now and again, so since its been a while here it goes:

Save our Pets!
    (...and servants ...and dummies ...and mannequins ...NPC)

Spoon proposes the following:
    • Double the NPCs we can have in basements.
      Issue:
      We have too many pets/npcs/whatnots and can only place a few
      Of those few we can place most use the slot for vendors, making the pets even less wanted
      One of the reasons of those limits are scene load/lag
      Solution:
      Basements are their own scene with less load/lag.
      Doubling the NPC limit in basements would make them more viable/desirable again (dungeons have been cooler for a while) and we could have our basement pets/servants etc.
    • Make NPCs in basements always 'active'
      Issue:
      To reduce load/lag then NPCs 'active' phase is limited, by owner and proximity etc etc etc
      Solution:
      Basements are their own scene with less load/lag.
      By having all NPC in basements always active then this would solve a whole slew of NPC issues.
      For instance, we could place training dummies in basements for public use. ...or we could place pets that roam around from scene load so that they feel more alive, hmm where did my cat go I only find my chest mimic pet and... hmm the chest mimic does look a bit uhm full... Noooooooooooooooooo.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  2. oplek

oplek Avatar

I actually had this as a question during one of the monthly telethons, but I don't think Chris understood what I was getting at. I can understand that they didn't want 300 pets in a zone, in a town, but in a basement, those performance concerns are much lower.

Witcheypoo and Spoon like this.
  3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Agreed.

Several different players have been bringing it up every now and then, me being just one of them, @DarkStarr liked the idea and jira'd it once, but then someone misunderstood and cancelled it, I think it was chaox at that time. Chris I don't think has ever been included.

Jaesun and majoria70 like this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Thanks for mentioning this. There's so many things we can do with more pets that can be activated. Since more pets in basements or dungeons wouldn't add so much detriment to the frame rate well anyway I think this to be true, let's bring the barriers down on this now. The more we can create the better.

Jaesun, Sentinel2 and Spoon like this.
  5. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

*A big old troll runs past with long strides and groundshaking steps, Spoon throws himself out of the way not to get crushed.*

Phew, glad that troll only bumped the thread and not me, Spoon thought as he dusted himself off and continued onto new adventures.

6. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

My proposal was letting us select, which pets and NPCs are active on the land up to the current number (and not only in basements, but also on lots and in dungeons/dungeon rooms), while the others are frozen statues.
    Makes no sense to have a bunch of rewards, which you can't show at all and expect us to purchase even more.

oplek likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.