Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Love the new Ulfheim!

Discussion in 'Release 70 Feedback' started by Pawz, Sep 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

Frenzy+new Ulfheim = an awesome release!

2. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Just took a run through and yes. Pretty amazing for sure. Lots of nasty hurt me things.

Mal Hari and Sannio like this.
  3. Canith123

Canith123 Avatar

Played there a little bit this morning. love the scenery. Also the 4000+ hp zombie was fun even if I died. I think this is going to be my new favorite area to explore.

4. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

I'm glad everyone here likes it so far! Please share more feedback as you continue to play through it. :D

5. Belladonna Rose

Not sure how to get around the zone though without going through the Barbarian Fort. You stated that we could just resume as usual outside but the area seems a bit small to explore too much. Many paths tend to dead end. Have only ran into a couple bears and they were rough for me....boars and wolves are rough as well. Undead spawn kicked my butt when running about looking....then i got into the fort area and died and couldnt get out. Rezzed at the ankh but the berserkers and such swarmed me and i was down again and couldnt open the front gate where i came it at. So its definitely not easy for me to move about in there. Totally get its not geared for Solo but would be nice to do some things. Cant wait to see a map in game for it. None the less. Great job Sannio

Mal Hari likes this.
  6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

in terms of preserving all the rare mobs spawns from the old version, i don't recall seeing any wyverns in the new version. there was a chance for those near the old barbarian hut.

Mal Hari likes this.
  7. dorkish

dorkish Avatar

i for one don't like it the old version was perfect for solo getting good crafting and adventure exp got mobed by a bunch barb archers cpl times didn't last long looks like i'll be skiping this zone and moving to deep ravenswood which is way out my way thinking at this point might as well take a cpl months break and play and go back to no m ans sky till you sort out SOTA some more

Mal Hari likes this.
  8. Sannio

Wyverns are currently only available "behind the wall," to match up with them only being at the heart of the barbarian community. However, I'll consider making a tweak so they can also rarely appear outside the wall.

Mal Hari, Jaesun and Alley Oop like this.
  9. Sannio

Great details! Thanks for the feedback! I'm starting a list with your info for adjustments I'll need to make. Issue #65717

Mal Hari and Jaesun like this.
  10. Sannio

I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but I believe people will like it more and more as they get accustomed to the new design. Also, I'll be making tweaks to accommodate player feedback so maybe those changes will appeal to you. That being said, I have to mention again that this was always intended to be a place to challenge the most skilled players. It's a bit difficult to find the balance between the old "soloable" sections of Ulfheim with the new changes, but I still believe we'll find a nice balance between the two.

11. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

It's an awesome zone! Don't start changing it. Dork just needs to keep his chin down and his hands up...he'll be fine :)

12. dorkish

dorkish Avatar

true but you just got rid of one of the two most perfect zones for crafters ulfiem and elysium and ulfiem was the only one where you could get both producer and adventure exp soloing deep ravenswood might be close enough though now if only they would have a good zone in episode 2 which had good gold and silver nodes in a mine and maybe some nice skinable mobs outside hum maybe 3 zones one +5 another at +8 and last one around +10

after next week the only really good zone for crafters will elysium for silver and even then i still have to wait a cpl mins between runs for the nodes to respawn graf is even worse the best spot is lower room and you have to wait about 10 mins between respawns though with a little bit of work graff could be better gold nodes threw out the whole mine so you could just keep going from top to bottom without waiting for respawning of nodes and you still need some mobs to replace the syatars you removed that one hallway is empty

there are now plenty of zones for adventure but the ones for crafting are getting worse or just disapearing lot of us have to gather in much lower exp zones. wood i believe is the worst though i could be wrong as i spend most my time gathering ore

Mal Hari likes this.
  13. dorkish

dorkish Avatar

as a adventure zone what little i saw of it is great but from a crafting view they just destroyed it :(

Mal Hari likes this.
  14. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

There are way more ore nodes, trees and animals to harvest. You sure you were in Ulfheim?

Mal Hari likes this.
  15. Sannio

For everyone's reference, here's some numbers for you.

Resources: The old version of Ulfheim had 1 set of 35 iron ore nodes, of which 20 would be spawned at a given time. The new version has 3 sets of iron ore nodes, with the woodlands set having 45 ore nodes of which 32 are spawned, and the spawns are in clusters similar to what we started doing with mines. (The behind-the-gate iron ore sets have a 10 of 16 iron ore set and an 8 of 12 set.) Regarding ore types, iron ore was the only ore in the previous and revised version.

Enemies: It's a little harder to compare enemy counts, but roughly speaking the new version a few more enemies than before. Previously, there were 59 enemies spawned in the "outer ring" of Ulfheim and another 33 in the center--a total of 92. In the new version, there's about 46 in the woodlands (roughly half the area of that ole "outer ring"), plus 45 in the treehouse area, plus 15 in the village, plus all the enemies in the wave battles-- a total of 106, if you care to venture into the hear of the barbarian community. Also, if you use the drums while opening the bridge gate, you could force even more enemies to spawn in the village, village wave battle, and grand hall wave battle.

16. dorkish

dorkish Avatar

wouldn't know was only able last there for only a few mins before a bunch of archers killed me i'll take a look a cpl weeks after the patch maybe might have just been bad luck but in current version i can run around chain np and even take on a cpl yellow patrarch bear the new version didn't last long wearing plate also doesn't matter how many nodes are in a zone if you can't get to them easy :)

Mal Hari likes this.
  17. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

Ya have to bring your bear. ;)

Mal Hari likes this.
  18. dorkish

dorkish Avatar

ya i might have to get into tamming see if that helps water pet helps a bit and i still have three wyvern pets i could use once i get summoning skill up

Mal Hari likes this.
  19. Sannio

I reviewed all the ankh resurrection targets and tried to make sure they are in the best possible places, meaning I moved the targets, or otherwise improved the separation between targets and enemies. I'm hoping that, in all cases, you are either immediately safe where you are or have enough time to get to a safe place while your invulnerability is still active. These changes will go in with the next update.

As of the next update, there's a rare chance for wyverns of any color to spawn in the woodlands section of the scene.

Mal Hari and Jaesun like this.
  20. Belladonna Rose

Yikes....thanks i think. LOL Rough enough for me without those buggers but should be interesting

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.