Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Need Info] Greenhouse farming is still broken (see image)

Discussion in 'Crafting, Harvesting, Salvage, & Agriculture' started by Chiasma, Sep 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

09/22/2019 11:10
    Title: Greenhouse farming is still broken
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Batch sowing seed and watering to planting beds in a greenhouse yesterday, but the next watering cycle is messed up. Some planting beds do not receive 2x growth rate (i.e. still watered) but some planting beds having 2x growth rate are waiting for watering.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Setup multiple greenhouse (e.g. 2 to 4)
    2. Start planting and watering
    3. Check the next watering cycle (assume all of them having 2x growth rate)
    4. Some beds receive 2x growth rate but some do not

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4) System RAM: 32715
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 GPU RAM: 1960
    SotA.QA.Win.64.872.Date.09.20.19
    Area: POT_swamp_metropolis_01a_template/Veritas Sanctuary
    Area Display Name: Veritas Sanctuary
    Loc: (-66.8, 36.5, 454.1)
    Debug: UE9UX3N3YW1wX21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFhX3RlbXBsYXRlfFZlcml0YXMgU2FuY3R1YXJ5fCgtNjYuNzkzLCAzNi41MTYsIDQ1NC4wNTcpfCgwLCAwLjc1MywgMCwgMC42NTgpfDQ1Ny42NTY5fDM5LjIyMzgyfDEuMjU=

Bryce Pallaton likes this.
  2. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

Thank you for the post. No fixes have yet been applied, because we have yet to determine the steps needed to make this happen. We're looking for a case where the beds aren't getting the bonus where they should, or they are getting the bonus when they shouldn't. The repro steps should make it clear that the player started by placing the beds for the test -- and not by using a bed that is already in the bugged state.

Jaesun and Chiasma like this.
  3. Chiasma

Chiasma Bug Hunter

I am not sure how to describe the steps to place planting beds. I just placed the greenhouse and then placing all the planting bed and pot accordingly about 1.5 month ago.

It looks like moving the planting bed/pot with plant slighting may fix the growth rate x2 on tooltip. But this is not fun to re-decorate all the planting bed/pot again for all greenhouses.

As the new growth rate tooltip is added, is it possible to display growth rate on tooltip for empty planting bed/pot too? This help us to trace if the planting bed/pot is working or not.

I also know this bug was introduced around 1 Sept 2019. The greenhouse was working fine before that.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  4. Lao Tzu

Lao Tzu Avatar

I can confirm @Lord Subtleton's assertion about reproducibility. I crafted six Rusted Iron Greenhouses, bought one Angled Roof Greenhouse and one Rusted Iron Small Greenhouse off the Crown Shop, and used a previously owned Greenhouse and Round Elven Greenhouse. I set them up on empty lots in Virtue Oasis (POT) and Brittany Fields, then filled them with Planting Beds (all bought from the Crafting Vendor on the QA server). I planted a variety of 580 seeds (all bought off of vendors on the QA server) that have the shortest growth time (Garlic, Pumpkin, Roses, and Tomatoes). They all required only 4 hours before needing watering (the correct amount for a 2x Growth Rate). As a control, I planted several plants on the same lot outside the greenhouses which also grew at the expected 1x growth rate. Finally, I planted 80 Garlic Plants in the same greenhouse from my original post in the R69 Bug Forum. These plants did NOT receive the double growth rate bonus.

For reference, I do see the "Growth Rate x2.0" message in the tooltip for the new greenhouses and not for the bugged greenhouse. However, this does not tell me as a player how to make my bugged greenhouse unbugged. I've posted the release / patch / location information for the bugged greenhouse below, if you are interested in testing it yourself.

SotA.QA.Win.64.874.Date.09.21.19
    Area: POT_desert_metropolis_01b_template/Virtue Oasis
    Area Display Name: Virtue Oasis
    Loc: (44.1, 38.0, -334.2)
    Debug: UE9UX2Rlc2VydF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYl90ZW1wbGF0ZXxWaXJ0dWUgT2FzaXN8KDQ0LjA1MywgMzgsIC0zMzQuMTU4KXwoMCwgMC4wNDQsIDAsIDAuOTk5KXwtMzU1LjA2NTZ8MjUuNzEyMDR8Mi40NjA5OTU=

I can also post the locations of the test greenhouses as well if desired.

It's possible that it may be related to the permissions / chest access bug, since it seems to have started at roughly the same time period. Of course, I don't know how they may be related internally. Is it possible to roll back those permission changes to find out?

I'd like to hear from the devs as to what they recommend players should do. It would appear that the solution is for every single player to pick up their planting beds and greenhouses and place them back down again. This could involve hundreds of players and thousands of greenhouses. How is this message to be distributed to the players so they know that it's necessary? Those of us who read the forums constitute a small majority of the player base. It's extremely difficult to get the message out more broadly. For those who do not receive the message, they will just assume that greenhouses do not work properly anymore and stop using them (as I have for the past month).

Please let me know if you need any more information. Thank you for your consideration.

- Lao Tzu

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    Bryce Pallaton and Chiasma like this.
  5. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

It's actually possible that these beds became bugged as a result of the permissions changes in R68. What we're trying to find out: Is there currently a bug in the system that causes planter beds to be tagged for the wrong growth rate. (or is this the lingering effect of the changes in the prior release)

6. AmethystSky

AmethystSky Avatar

09/26/2019 17:13
    Title: Two new bugs relate to trying to fix growth rate in greenhouses and more data on growth rate issue
    Reproduction Rate: random

For clarity: pick up = into inventory and move = not into inventory

Details: Bug 1 - Previously placed greenhouses with planting beds are not showing growth rate when planted. While picking up greenhouses and planting beds the green arrow disappears randomly and items can no longer be moved or picked up until I re-log. This has happened 3 times now while picking up a total of 6 greenhouses, 18 Large, 5 Medium, 5 Small beds and 62 pots. First time I thought it was because I picked up the greenhouse before picking up all the pots. I tested this and it did not happen again. Instead two more times randomly I was unable to pick up any items. Re-logging solves issue. This was not a problem 5 weeks ago as I picked up all 25 greenhouses and 125 beds and 275 pots currently on this lot and moved them from another PoT (not in mover). I have 19 more greenhouses to pick up and place again on this lot in hopes of fixing reproduce rate issue and this bug compounds the issue.

Bug 2 - Rusted iron greenhouse will not place as close together as in 69. So my greenhouse no longer fit where I had them.

Growth rate Bug - I reported 4 working bed in 3 different greenhouses of the 25, rest were growing at 1.0 rate in previous 69 bug report. I did not report data for next crop but hope more data helps you. The next crop all 4 bed working before still worked and about half the greenhouses had 1 to 3 beds working along with 2 pots. rest still broken. (Has to be a bed/pot issue and not broken greenhouse) I figured out how to see planter growth rates again (sorry I accused of breaking) and moved a total of 10 beds in 2 of the greenhouses and they said 2.0 rate but all grew at 1.0. I even tried moving again and replacing between 3rd and 4th water and no luck(I did not notice if they were green or red.
    Before trying to pick up greenhouses today I planted plants in a greenhouse where previously 3 beds worked and 1 of the greenhouse where I moved the beds and they did not work. None of the plants showed growth rates. All planters picked up and and than new beds replaced in greenhouse and than planted show growth rate of 2.0. Im thinking since Im mad about other two bug I found I will plant some of the previously placed greenhouses and see if they grow. Will see what happens next as I also planted a fresh town greenhouse lot for testing purposes.

User Specs:
    CPU: AMD A10-5750M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (4) System RAM: 15560
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 8650G GPU RAM: 2746
    SotA.Win.64.1043.Date.09.25.19
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01_template/Britt Mart
    Area Display Name: Britt Mart
    Loc: (496.1, 43.5, 473.6)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfEJyaXR0IE1hcnR8KDQ5Ni4wNTQsIDQzLjUwMSwgNDczLjU4OSl8KDAsIDAuODYzLCAwLCAtMC41MDUpfDM0OC44Njk4fDM4LjEzMjYzfDEuMjU=

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  7. AmethystSky

AmethystSky Avatar

Sorry More from me.
    So I had my green arrow disappear again this time while single planting a seed in a bed rest of greenhouse was spell planted already. I end up re-logging because I could not click to water seed. When I came back the growth rate on that greenhouse was correct. I went to another greenhouse that I just put back down today where a small and med bed were down and I than placed 3 large beds. Then I planted, the 3 beds I just placed had 2.0 growth rate on plants; the two previous placed beds were missing the label. Also 2 other unplanted greenhouses placed today are missing growth rate. I tried to reproduce by placing 2 more beds and logging out coming back and placing 3 more and planting, but these were fine. I have not had this arrow issue before unless it was followed by a disconnect from server which did not happen today. Some of my guildies say this is happening to them for the past month where their deco is glitching. I was able to move beds and as long as I set them down green the label would than appear. It did not work if they snap back in place while red. If I have to fix all my unplanted greenhouses every time this glitch happens that would be a nightmare as placing beds and moving them in greenhouses became much harder after the fix to stop bed stacking.
    I hope this information helps you. I left the other 2 greenhouses unfixed so you can visit.

Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01_template/Britt Mart
    Area Display Name: Britt Mart
    Loc: (483.7, 44.0, 482.6)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfEJyaXR0IE1hcnR8KDQ4My42NjgsIDQ0LjAwNiwgNDgyLjU1Mil8KDAsIDAuODUxLCAwLCAtMC41MjYpfC0yMjc2LjU5NXwzOC4zODQ5NHwxLjI1

8. Duke Ezekiel Cooper

Duke Ezekiel Cooper Avatar

I can confirm what these guys are writing @Lord Subtleton

There's definitely something wonky going on with some of the planting beds or the greenhouses, not sure which.
    I'm instructing those that complain to me about it in Blackrock Cove to destroy and buy new planting beds.

No feedback yet as to whether or not that fixed the problems. Will look into it.

9. AmethystSky

AmethystSky Avatar

Update from the weekend.
    Castle Lot - Fridays patch fixed the broken beds/pots I had placed since 70. It randomly fixed some previously placed beds.
    Saturday Morningish, beds/pots (about 2/5) with plants showing 2.0 worked. Beds/pots (about 1/5) with plants not showing 2.0 grow slower and the rest of the beds/pots (about 2/5) did not function at all. I could not spell or single seed plant or pick them up. I logged in and out several times, no fix. So it turns out Steam was having issues so that might have been part of the problem. Later when Steam came back I could plant again but only about half had 2.0 rate.
    To make a long story short. The bed/pots seem to randomly fix themselves in groups each time I checked on them until they all register 2.0. Some of them I even needed watered a 5th time. While it put the finish time rate all over the place, there was a pattern that showed correcting of actual growth rate. So finally all my plants in greenhouses register a 2.0 rate and are retaining the rate with new planting. Time will tell if they continue growing at that rate.

DONT DISTROY BROKEN BEDS, something is getting fixed. I did not have to pick up or move all the pre-70 bed or greenhouses. Also placing previously broken beds and greenhouses on a different lot since 70, they functioned fine as did the town lot I placed Thursday.

Thank you Lord Subtleton for working on this problem even if can't be reproduced. (I however will not be this bored again so I hoped the data helped.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.