Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

blocking ladder use in combat

Discussion in 'Release 70 Feedback' started by Alley Oop, Sep 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Don’t get fixated on the basement thing I only used it in my example in my house when tedio spend 6 hours a day meteor showing my house because he was locked out. If I’m in my house and he is not how am I prevented from entering my basement. The better fix might be ms can’t flag or damage people in a house. That solves the basement thing.

The big and the important problem is the ladders that are used for gaining elevation or a tacticle advantage. Those are designed for the purpose of using them bloodbay has many of them. I could stand on a plat form cast ms and and no one below could get to me. I think the teleporter ladders or exit stuff is a different thing though and can see that change.

People will get trapped in instances now so player deaths will go up for pvp but more so for pve.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  2. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

why not simply make all the ladder clickable except the ones that lead to a teleport?

Brass Knuckles likes this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Ladders are teleporters.

amarious likes this.
  4. amarious

amarious Avatar

Might not be fun for you, but it's certainly fun for me when the person trying to kill me isn't able to kill me anymore. AND it's a perfectly viable playstyle.

Bedawyn likes this.
  5. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Yeah, there are some who based their entire playstyle on the abuse of these, how can they be boring and frustrating if you fix these things @Chris ? :D

About the ladder thing of course would be better if an exception were made for those who do not teleport to another instance.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  6. stefania1988

stefania1988 Avatar

Hence why i think this is an amazing. Now you will actaully have to pay attention to your surrounding. Be more tactical about your actions. This is exaclty what this game needs. I can literally run around mindlessly in any zoon in this game without any trouble at all. This will add a layer for groups to be more important also.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    Dhanas and Antrax Artek like this.
  7. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I think overall this isn't going to make a big difference if you're playing as intended - using the ladders to progress to other areas after you've finished clearing the area you're in.
    There are probably some edge case areas where the player can become 'trapped' that will need to be addressed but I'd assume these occur far less often than not.
    Preventing players from 'zerging' through a screen tagging ladders to drop aggro / bypass content seems like a reasonable change overall, and in some cases (like with the player boat example, being trapped underneath) - well, it would only happen once, and you'd learn not to back yourself into that particular corner. Not the most elegant solution, sure, but its one of those things you'd just have to learn to avoid.

The only time I see 'not being able to use ladder in combat' being a real issue are:
    • Edge case buggy areas where combat is being forced through wall/floor/levels
    • Situations in which a player can't actually kill whatever it is that is keeping them in combat (due to leashing mechanics, not being able to reach it, or simply not being strong enough.)
    If its a 'not strong enough' situation - well, as above, you'd only make the mistake once.
    In the other scenarios, seems like it would be something worth bug reporting and the scene could be reworked in some way to prevent the issue, either by ladder enabling, ladder moving, ramp-adding, etc.

Dhanas and Antrax Artek like this.
  8. amarious

amarious Avatar

Imagine how equally frustrating it would be to be that dragon. Someone attacks you and you can't go into your own basement. Prey sometimes gets away.

9. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

if the dragon was not an AI it should be protected on this aspect lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.