Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Replied] Ulfeim - Dragon Boss, Castle Ankh puts you outside of battle range

Discussion in 'World Building, Scenes, Environment, & Overworld' started by Griffler, Sep 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Griffler

Griffler Avatar

09/26/2019 14:36
    Title: Castle Anhk rezzes you Outside of castle, unable to rejoin the fight, or leave instance without a scroll.
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? Yes
    Details: Die during Dragon Battle, use Anhk placed Inside of Castle by the front door, rezzes you Outside of wall in small alcove b/w barbarian lock door and castle locked door.
    Steps to Reproduce: See Below or Above
    User Specs:
    SotA.Win.64.1043.Date.09.25.19
    Area: Novia_R9_Forest02_03
    Area Display Name: Ulfheim
    Loc: (-108.5, 91.5, 82.6)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjlfRm9yZXN0MDJfMDN8fCgtMTA4LjUzLCA5MS40NjksIDgyLjYyNil8KDAsIDAuMDQ5LCAwLCAtMC45OTkpfC01LjYwMzM3NnwyNC44MDUxN3w3LjQ0MDAwNA==

The Anhk inside the castle rezzes you Outside the castle, inside the little room between the locked gate to the barbarians and the locked door to the castle. I'm unable to leave this area without a scroll. I'm sure this Anhk is not supposed to rez people Outside the castle.

2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

It is intentional that the ankh puts you outside the closed room. This is similar to other locked-off "fight or die" wave battles in Shroud of the Avatar. For example, the walled off areas of Grannus Colossus.

They may not be obvious enough, but there are "emergency exits" that you can use to go backwards through all the areas you went through before that final battle. When you're in that space between the Grand Hall and the inner village, you can climb a ladder onto the top of the village wall and you'll find ivy on the wall. When you mouse-over the ivy you'll get a tooltip saying "Sturdy Vines." Whenever you see "Sturdy Vines" in the game, they act like our ladders. Interact with the vines and you'll teleport to the inside of the inner village. Run across the inner village to the next gate and, if it's closed, there's another "Sturdy Vines" you can use to cross to outer village. The palisade walls on the valley battle also have sturdy vines to let you exit.

I'll put some thought into how we can make the sturdy vines more obvious.

Jaesun and Griffler like this.
  3. Griffler

Griffler Avatar

So don't use the Anhk, duly noted, thanks for your reply!

4. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Right, not if you want to stay in the fight. And you're welcome for the reply! Here's another below! :)

I just added "hints" for when you approach the emergency exit vines. If you get close to them, you'll get a message saying "Sturdy vines on the wall can help you retreat from this area." I'm hoping they go in with the next update, but it might be two updates from now.

Griffler and Jaesun like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.