Is it an idea to attach basements and dungeons to Wells?

Discussion in 'Completed (in game)' started by craftymethod, Sep 29, 2019.

?

Sound cool?

1. Yes - Easy to access, Include in a use menu or similar.

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. Yes - Make it a slight challenge to access or discover.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes - Make it hardest to access discovery with rope and some detect hidden or similar skill required

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. nay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Would be a great little way to add something that would be rewarding for exploration?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Love the idea of a well being the access point, don't really feel comfertable with any of the options; so didn't vote...
    :D

3. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

What would you have chosen if it was there? Perhaps I should have not provided examples in the yes vote list.

4. Curt

Curt Avatar

Could be a well pattern you could apply to a dungeon entrance giving it the appearance of a well.

5. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

This would be cool. Lots of potential for patterns; sewer grates, small caves, tree stumps, bookcases or clocks with hidden passageways, secret doors, etc.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  6. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Anything to make dungeon entrances more discreet, so they blend in better with the environment! And wells would be a great choice for that.

I was looking at the teleporter in one of the early wizard homes yesterday, and thinking that would make a great dungeon entrance too. I'd just want the blue swirly effect to be much smaller, maybe only a few inches across. Then it can flare out when someone actively goes through it, but the rest of the time, it's visible without being glaring.

7. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Sorry, this is SotA. It has to be LARGE and GOLD and FLASHING. (With icy effects.)

I still remember the confused look on Starr's face during a livestream when my question for a tome dungeon entrance that looked like an ordinary book and could be placed on a shelf with other books came up. He couldn't figure out why anybody would want that. Same result when I asked about trash and debris deco. They made a sandbox game, and then act surprised when people want to do sandbox things in it.

Jaesun, Spoon, Bedawyn and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.