Now, after 5years, where's my kickstarter stuff?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Soulprayer, Sep 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soulprayer

Soulprayer Avatar

Hello,

I'm very confused, why I don't have the kickstarter rewards yet
    I met a gamer recently who said he already got the kickstarter stuff and I should write here in the forums.

The case is, even though i was a little bit active in 2013, I'm still waiting for the final game, because emails only mention Release Candidates, which get higher and higher in the number.
    I am waiting for the game going GOLD, ready to experience SotA as it was meant to be in a Singleplayer game!

That's why I'm still waiting (patiently) the last years, but as my acquaintance already has his kickstarter stuff, I want it now, too!
    I got a EDELMANN-Pledge on kickstarter stuff, that was many hundred Euros and I really don't want it to be wasted.

I've checked and updated my profile with the latest adress.
    Please advise me: what are the next steps to receive my kickstarter rewards?

~Soulprayer

2. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you're going to be waiting a LONG time for this. That is, if it even actually comes to fruition!

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

contact @Chris by private message here in the forum. he's been mailing a lot of them out the last few weeks.

CrandalltheFoole likes this.
  4. Soulprayer

Soulprayer Avatar

Ok, not amusing, @Cordelayne , how do you perceive SotA ? Is it playable? Can you say it's at least 50% done or so?

Thanks @Alley Oop !

5. Parson Barr

Parson Barr Avatar

I believe the comment is about the GOLD part. There will never be a GOLD candidate in the traditional sense. They had a release of the main client and every month an update comes with new content or bug fixes. It's a living release so to speak.

This is a huge source of contention among some members of the community but the game is still here, still playable, and new content is planned for Episode 2. While many people say they "didn't get what they paid for" I'm happy to have what came out, understand the compromises made to get to this point, and look forward to more releases.

Gravidy, Ostvel and Lained like this.
  6. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

Considering when complete there are supposed to be 5 episodes and at the moment there is currently just one episode released, then it's not 50% yet.
    But Episode 1 is currently playable, especially the single player option and episode 2 will become available in 3 months.

Addison likes this.
  7. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Well, Episode 2 development will start - early access at least in 3 months (new lands) I hope,.
    It will take at least a year, I assume, to finish Episode 2 ... may be more ...

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  8. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

My personal perception of the game varies depending on what we are discussing. Are we talking about my perception of the promised, story rich, single player experience (single being a component of "selective multiplay")? Or are you speaking generally about the MMO we have now?

As far as the game being playable, it is definitely playable. It still needs a lot of work but is well beyond 50% completed. As @Cora Cuz'avich pointed out in another post, I would agree that the game is about 80% completed. Maybe 85%. :)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  9. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

The game is iterative, amigo. It's not ever going to be done.

So play now and enjoy the thing you dropped all that money on.

Cordelayne likes this.
  10. Soulprayer

Soulprayer Avatar

What does that even mean "iterative", for a game?

11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

That means it's continually being improved. For a MMO, there's no such thing as "done".

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
    Addison and Jaesun like this.
  12. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

some items from kickstarter maybe found in the chest on the top right hand corner of your screen, some got ditched, you'd need to drag through tons of forums to get full explanations why but depending on what level you were and what you were expecting.. they probably are in that chest.

Saying that the game went live like 18 months ago, you may need some assistance as it maybe some items just werent imagined to be picked up this late

13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Also just to clarify are you asking physical rewards or in game rewards? Physical Rewards you need to contact at Chris here on the forums preferably by a PM. To receive your in-game rewards you need to login and click on the chest in the upper right hand of your screen to see those Rewards.

So imo just Jump On In there's plenty of quests and things to do and episode 2 they're updating the journal and many other things as they have been doing all along trying to improve things about the game from our feedback.

This game holds many wonderful things and many things still to come.

I play the MMO version because I like to interact with others when I do like to and one of the things I like to do is enjoy the games music system. You can sync songs together playing in a group. We can even add music to our games sheet music folder.

So I'd say the game evolved a bit differently than expected due to the varied amount of players giving that feedback and lack of funding for the massive amount of ideas.

If you were not around to give your feedback then it wasn't given. That was one of the reasons I stayed around so I could try to affect the outcome of where the game went. So in actuality the game went in many directions lacking in some Focus.

In my opinion we still have a ton of really good things that came into the game but some still need tweaking and added to and our feedback to progress in some areas.
    I love so much about the game but for me I'm still waiting for certain things that haven't happened but I still do play the game everyday and give my feedback to try to get that to happen.

So I wish you good luck. I say give the game a try to get your own opinions that are free from bias and see how you feel. Not everyone complains and constructive feedback is much appreciated by the devs.

I should be back in game in another week. my return from my trip was delayed longer than expected. I've been away from the game while I've been visiting my mom. My name is Majoria in the game if you come into the multiplayer version which is my preference. I will be happy to help in any way that I can when I get back from my trip if you decide to come into multi-player. Best wishes.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  14. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

Actually, best suggestion is email Chris directly at cspears@portalarium.com with your account and shipping info. I'll give him kudos for working hard recently to ship and fulfill the KS rewards.

Good luck, and hope you get your box soon :D

15. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

The game went persistent in July 2016.
    The game officially "launched" in (I believe) March 2018?
    So I mean, yes we continue to have releases every month and content continues to be added, and a lot of that content is relevant to the single player game as well, but if you're waiting for all 5 episodes, you're looking at years and years away.
    I'm not sure how many hours of single player content you'd be looking at, at this point, though - not really my area.
    With regards to physical rewards tho, my understanding is that should have happened by now - best results would probably be putting in a ticket rather than posting here.

16. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

I have been playing since before persistence and have yet to see everything and do every quest.
    e-mail Chris as it says above and you will be answered

17. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

Chris is kind, dedicated to the players and willing to help when reasoned requests are made respectfully. He is the reason I remain, after many issues. Effort counts in my book. Chris combines effort, skill and genuine concerns for players. If we could replace his devotion and concern this game would be a financial and commercial success.

Pawz likes this.
  18. Soulprayer

Soulprayer Avatar

I got invited to a conversation group for the kickstarter related physical stuff where things are organised for Chris.
    Thanks for your support and explanations. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.