Focus drain issues

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Aldo, Oct 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

So we have a new attack, possessed only by zombies. The focus drain. It is interesting, but not well thought out IMO. What is the reasoning? I need more information to draw an opinion on this. So I have a question only this post can answer for me. I am a solo player. What I need to know is whether focus drain only occurs against the target of zombie aggression, or if all zombie enemies within a specific area are affected, whether they are targets of aggression or not. So if you are involved in group encounters, would someone let me know if all members of the group withing zombie influence get drained if they are attacking same or only the one person holding the zombie aggro?

2. Botocks

Botocks Avatar

Only the aggro holder gets drained of focus. And they drain, when they hit you. So if you are able to kite them without getting hit you lose no focus.

Jaesun, Aldo and Synergy Blaize like this.
  3. Crendel

Crendel Avatar

The way we burn them down is via a glass cannon i.e. drop a ring of fire, immolation, not sure on meteor. Now that caster has all the agro. Another avatar drops a field of ice (optuonal) then the original caster runs in a large circle while the AOEs do the dmg. If you have extra people (like me) I run behind the mass of 20 zombies and either halberd or dual blade them to death. Rarely do I draw agro, but if I do I back off or just solo kill that one. They drop pretty quick

Aldo likes this.
  4. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

OK!! So what is the characteristic of this drain? Is it magical, physical, or ?? Other than keeping your distance, is there any way to counter the drain, some skill or resistance you can learn? If not, then this new mechanic follows none of the rules of the road. When are we going to be able to tame one of these critters? Don't get me wrong because I sort of like it. Even solo I enjoy doing a couple at a time. Have not tried a big group yet. I am posting just to point out that this thing, this focus drain is unique as far as I can see. It is like a poison but without a counter unless purify or some such will negate it which I have not tried yet. I just hope that the devs keep this limited to zombies for the future.

5. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Crendel and Aldo like this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

There's dodge but I think it's currently broken and you'll probably receive the drain even when you dodge.

Jaesun and Aldo like this.
  7. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Thanks @Antrax Artek , I had not seen that thread. BTW stun works on zombies pretty well and may be a route to control them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.