Returning to the world!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Myke5161, Oct 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myke5161

Myke5161 Avatar

Greetings all,

I am returning to the Lands, and I was wondering, what is new? The last i played was probably December 2018. (Only logging on once a month to pay my taxes) I believe lava fishing was the newest update? Also, I noticed that the store website is gone (only selling those coins and some services). Has the game increased or decreased in population in the last year? Also, the wiki seems to be a bit outdated.

So, what's new folks? How have ya been? (Sips coffee)

Chatele likes this.
  2. Lained

Lained Avatar

Welcome back!
    The store is now in game using crowns.
    The wiki is updated regularly though depends on player cooperation, the best thing to do is glance over DarkStarr's monthly release instructions whilst enjoying your coffee.

Jaesun, Barugon and Rentier like this.
  3. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I'm hoping the population has increased :)

People keep looking at steam numbers for some reason. I use steam for other games (when I have to). However I don't use steam for games like SOTA. I don't like leashes ;-)

We have player dungeons in game. Don't remember if they were around last December. I believe they were still very very rough back then. And beware of Pumpkin Head. Hees Baaacckk ! :D

4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

5. Lorfyyr

Lorfyyr Avatar

In a nutshell, we recently get 2 new Dungeons, crafting revamp, new artys and dynamic wave scene (Ulfheim).

6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Gustball physics! That'll be a big one for me once I get back on my in game feet, as I have some plans for a more "light PvP" style gustball league.

Oh, and deco can be resized! Check in keybindings for that.

7. Myke5161

Myke5161 Avatar

Wow, looks like a lot has happened since I've been gone! This last Monday was my first day back actually looking around and doing things. I can see some subtle changes so far. One thing that concerns me is the world seems quieter then it was a year ago, and I see far less people running around the overworld. I'm guessing I'm just not playing at the best times (7-11pm est).

Anyway, I really am looking forward to re familiarizing myself to the game!

8. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

some of "quieter" appears could be the teleport to zone scrolls. way less running from zone to zone now. :)

make sure to use universal/trade chat. no lack of activity there.

Elwyn and Jaesun like this.
  9. Myke5161

Myke5161 Avatar

Oh? That's new, we didnt have a way to teleport to specific zones without a friend in that area. Back in my day you had to climb up the hills both ways in the snow to get anywhere lol

Astirian and Jaesun like this.
  10. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

every month you don't play is a multiplier for changes here. :)

this small dev team can put out an impressive amount of work in a month. even the little/minor changes add up quickly over the months.

Jaesun likes this.
  11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome back @Myke5161. I really love the teleport to zone scrolls. They are so much more than they appear. You can drag them to your non combat bar and when unencumbered click on the scroll to see all locations you've added to the scroll. Hovering over a location and pressing the control key gives you a description of what's in that location. You can even mark mines now.

I'm sure there is a lot you haven't seen yet so ask around and chat in universe chat with any questions. Don't forget to place your universe chat orb in your inventory. You should see it in the rewards chest upper right part of your screen if you purchased the game at any time.
    I'm Majoria in game if I can help. I'll be returning from a trip in about a week. Best wishes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.