Just had a chat with a brand new Player - was amazing!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Steevodeevo, Sep 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jschoice

jschoice Avatar

@Adam Crow I agree with your comments above. There are plenty of players who drop shade on the game but are either still on the forums just to complain or still putting in 40+ hours in game. I also ran into a couple of people who said they quit the game but are actually playing on a second account.

I have a huge list of things that I think need to be fixed or reworked or expanded on but at the end of the day ask yourself these simple questions:

What other multiplayer game is as open of a sandbox as this?

What other game allows crafter to make some of the best gear in the game or has such a deep crafting system despite some much needed adjustments and QoL improvements.

What other game allows you to own a town or a house that can handle the volume of individually placed items as Shroud?

What game let's you theory craft a build with so many options and play the style you want to play?

How many games allow you to create your own content?

Allow you to play offline single player, online solo play, or multiplayer?

Can you name a game with a better overall community where people are helpful and have guilds that aren't all about your gear level and dps or hps?

Can you name a similar game that allows players to speak with Devs through streams, in game messages or forum IMs regardless of pledge level?

For me the answer currently is none and I back a lot of games and have tried almost all of the Western MMOs and many Eastern MMOs made dating back to UO.

And finally if there is another game that a person really likes better then shroud they would be playing it and not wasting time in a game forum of a game they don't like.

Gravidy, Rentier, Elwyn and 2 others like this.
  2. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Or perhaps they hold out the hope that maybe, just maybe, they will finally deliver on that "selective multiplayer", story driven game, in line with Ultima IV or VII. You know, the one that they touted during the Kickstarter.

In such a manner, I can understand why those players are "disgruntled" or "unhappy" as you so aptly put it. Especially given the current construct of how the game has been developed.

Does the fact that they voice their displeasure mean that their concerns are less valid? Indeed, it makes me chuckle that there are those that view a dissenting opinion as one not worthy of being heard because it contradicts their own.

While negativity for negativity's sake, is never constructive; neither is blind obeisance to a sub-standard status quo.

3. eli

eli Avatar

TBH I don't consider myself disgruntled, nor the content of my post. I was just providing a broader context, including a positive note about the community which I consider myself part of despite taking time off from computers.

Addison, Rentier and Boris Mondragon like this.
  4. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Do you know how many times you've come to these guys defense with that same exact comment? Too many to count. And most of the time you post a silly meme or a hardly constructive response on here. If you think i blindly follow anything, you've got me completely wrong. I follow a game i enjoy, go back and read my past posts or even better go back and take a look at your own if you really think I'm wrong for calling out the players who aren't trying to be constructive at all.

5. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

That's because my words are as true now as they were then. You are well within your own right and counsel to disagree.

Furthermore, I have no need to go back and review what I have written previously. I know exactly what I have said, both for the positive and negative (including my silly memes, sorry you don't enjoy them).

Finally, I think anyone can be "wrong" when they refuse to listen to differentiating viewpoints and seek solace in the sycophantic vitriol of their own opinion.

6. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

They're as true as they are uselessly redundant. Have fun using your big words and memes to make yourself feel important. You and weins are the only 2 players I've ever blocked on here. You should be proud lol.

7. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Thank you for proving my point! :)

"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things." - Winston Churchill

I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  8. Myke5161

Myke5161 Avatar

It seems to be a quite common theme nowadays in the gaming community. Lots of negativity against many games in their forums and reddit. I see lots of negativity in the fourms of my other games I've played for a long time, Elite Dangerous for one. Not sure why there has been so much negativity in almost every game.

I for one enjoy SotA. I enjoyed it a year ago and I am re-enjoying it now. I think there are issues that need to be addressed and opportunities for improvement in some areas. But overall I think the Dev team has done a fine job so far, and I think they will continue to do so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.