No trade Subscriber Rewards. Sorry, that's a deal breaker.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vladamir Begemot, Oct 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

This is the main reason for the lack of players.

Most of everyone agrees that there are more important things that need fixing then the RMT market that will drive people to stay and play more. It really doesn't seem that the devs get it or have gotten it over the years. I doubt they ever will at this point, even when the game shuts down they will probably blame it on something else rather then the actual issues everyone is pointing out here.

Mishikal, K1000, arcdevil and 4 others like this.
  2. Bayard

Bayard Avatar

RMT is a horse that left the barn years ago and trying to stop it now is counterproductive. If Port is worried about departing players selling items and creating competition, then it would be smarter to fix things that make people leave instead of disrespecting those who've stuck with them all these years.

Mishikal, K1000, Elwyn and 10 others like this.
  3. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

I support them moving away from RMT. Drive an uber if you want a side hustle.

4. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I can come up with a couple of ideas how to "fix" RMT without killing it without even thinking. I understand why it is an issue for Port and some of the puritans around here, but they allowed it in the first place and killing it is not a solution. And no trade stuff is not a solution also.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    Mishikal, Elwyn and majoria70 like this.
  5. Forum Name

Forum Name Avatar

One could posit that Port is doing this because the players who remain super committed have stuck through so many other changes, and will continue to do so. In other words, the love for the game overrides anything, and Port knows a core group will play and spend no matter what. So they can throw all sorts of crap on the wall and see what sticks, because there is confidence a core percentage of people do not care.

Think about all of the changes to this game, items not delivered or delivered years late, rewards changed, expired items and housing brought back, and so on.

Would this move really be the straw that broke the camels back? I bet not, and Port bets that too.

6. Forum Name

Forum Name Avatar

Probably has something to do with lack of resources and team (how devs many left are part timers now?). If not enough revenue is coming in, more time has to be spent figuring out ways to try increase it, and less time working on all the in game stuff.

Hold out hope that the “big announcement” Chris keeps teasing is a new partner that is injecting new money or resources, but as a condition is requesting the removal of RMT elements. A new investment would frankly be a miracle given the state of the game, but I could understand these moves if that was on the table.

K1000, arcdevil, Dhanas and 1 other person like this.
  7. Deathadder

Deathadder Avatar

No, I am starting to believe they want us to completely stop playing.

8. Jackrabbit

Jackrabbit Avatar

It's working, because i sure did, and just cancelled my subscriber account.

9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hopefully the devs read threads like this. Even though some players can be harsh and quit there are still some very good ideas on this thread and other threads to help the game.

My Hope is that one day we will be heard. Not only heard but reacted to in a positive way for the Improvement of the game.

For myself I'm still not quitting but still standing for the game. We do have so many wonderful things going on if we could just dig in and improve from feedback given by the players. We need to step back and heed constructive ideas people are giving and have been giving for years.

So I am still here but let this be known we will never be successful until action is taken from the ideas and feedback given regarding this game and it's core systems and the way these are brought to completion. The never quite finishing and lack of focus that happens should not be a practice that is done in this game.

Adding new content should be limited while focus is brought back to improving the game and finishing up missing needed improvements. Perhaps ideas and feedback presented again in the form of a survey would go a long way to help allow players that opportunity to call out ideas and feedback.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  10. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Greyfox said, people are leaving SOTA due to poor game play, not due to the high price of items.

11. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

@Greyfox while I do agree with you, here's an example I saw.

New player: "why can't I chat in global or on the forums?"
    Portalarium: "you have to make a purchase in our store first."
    New player: "oh I thought this was free to play, bye bye"

12. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

Yes, perfect example of a dumb decision based upon starving for cash, that to any intelligent person obviously creates more harm than good. Thanks for sharing Sulaene, unfortunately, that doesn't even make the top 15. :/

13. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

$2 isn't a high price. They may even have it in place to cull people who will never pay.

Chris also used to tell people "You can't have a refund beause you can just go sell your stuff." And now he says "We want to kill RMT". So does that mean refunds?

Mishikal, moko, K1000 and 4 others like this.
  14. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

It's just another example of prices people see when they enter a game. Now he says they want to do things like all the other AAA games do out there but none of them charge you money to talk in chat or post on their forums.

K1000, arcdevil and Grumpy Krabnevir like this.
  15. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

There is a lot of things Shroud doesn't do that they do do to keep them as a customer, once they have tried the game.

They also go out of their way to make sure there aren't a bunch of speedbumps that will send people into the ditch, never to return. Speed bumps that we've talked about repeatedly, no point in rehashing anymore.

And they also advertise to bring in new customers.

One thing they don't do is cannibalize their existing base.

But they are playing the long game according to Chris, which means the target market has changed, which means the game has changed. This may even be a calculated flush.

Good luck with the new game, I hope it works for them.

16. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

OMG, that's a good one !!!!

Honestly, at this point, they don't even have the credibility to be on the schedule, much less consider themselves in the game. What part of 6 years of people saying 'no, we don't like that in a game' has he yet to figure out?

long game .. . . . that's freaking hilarious.

Translation - "we have proven that we can drive away our customers, but it's all going exactly as planned for our end game victory in the online gaming market"

give me a break. If you can't please the people who loved you the most and donated the most, what in the hell makes you think you will ever convince the mass public to like this crap of weak avatar grinds for years for no loot or purpose?

17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I don't really like how they Market the chat orb the way they do either. There has to be another way. One thing I heard is that it keeps spammers out of the chat window. So many games have lots of that and okay are a pain in the butt. Things like gold sellers Etc. I know it is only $2 but some who play this game may not have bank accounts or whatever or even want to give their account information to purchase it. So I do think we need to find a different way to keep the chat window uncluttered with gold spammers Etc.

K1000 and Chatele like this.
  18. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

You really think gold spammers would come into this game? People would welcome the population boost.

19. Deathadder

Deathadder Avatar

I hear what you are saying and I agree with you on their possible logic about those that have stuck it out, will continue to be there... but, a dog can only be beat so many times before he bites back or runs away...

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    K1000, Cordelayne and Paulie Walnuts like this.
  20. Deathadder

Deathadder Avatar

Lol, hell at this point I think many would welcome bots running around just to get the feeling there is other life in the universe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.