1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

NEW POT Template for Merchant Towns - Simple is Better

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Elrond, Oct 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

The biggest issue i've encountered with my POT is the lack of buildable land . Even if i upgrade my POT id still have no room to fit more or larger lots because all templates have a limited buildable area at entrance and rest is filled with mountains hills water .

For a merchant POT the only area that is worth placing lots is at the pot entrance .... that represents about 20% of the map size ..rest is just scenery, for some .... and a whole lot of waste of space for others . None is interested in opening a store in town boundry 4 ...i know i wouldnt .

[​IMG]

While i understand some people like to have lakes , mountains , hills , rivers .... Merchant Towns need a simpler template .

I for one would love to have a simple plains template with forests in which all the land is buildable from corner to corner no hills , no mountains and with the town entrance smack down in the middle of the map ( this way i will have equal size of buildable area on both sides of the entrance . You can split the map in 2 with a river large enough for city water lots , if need it.

We've been asking for new templates for a long time now and a way to move town entrance via a placeable object .

I think the template im proposing can be very easily done and would make alot of people happy . Hope youll give this some thought @Chris . You have increased pot size to Municipality , you have decreased deed placement requirements ..... but those 2 dont mean much for a merchant town if we dont have the land need it to expand .

Give us land .

2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Yea. I think that right now the island templates have the most flat central areas. But they only allow entrances from the sides. Which is wonky.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=59140

But I’d say, flat plains all over, no trees no rivers no nothing. Only 5 entrance points with fast travel. That is it.
    Maximum sandbox with no obstacles.

One entrance in center of map with default crier/bank.
    The rest one third in from edge in each compass direction (N E S W) for suburbs.

That way it wouldn’t take @Sannio more than a few hours to make it and add it.

Witcheypoo and John Markus like this.
  3. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Agree ...even for non-merchant towns, there's far too many areas that you can't do anything with, or nuisance elevated/sunk areas that just make you waste huge swaths of space regardless of template. When you place a marker, it 'flattens' all the foliage/rocks/etc. on the spot anyway. That being the case, we could do with far less restrictive placement. I could give countless examples of problem spots that are a bit baffling. Many of these have been reported, including the sinkhole that you can still get stuck in, right near the central/wagon part of the desert template.
    I'd love to see a giant, flat area - let players choose the roads, trees, etc. If you want to have scenery/elevations as backdrop - great - but I'd love to see like 80% of the buildable land be contiguous.

Witcheypoo, Elrond and John Markus like this.
  4. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

I am still for an intermediate technology that is a foundation for a lot marker.
    Conceptually, you could lay it down on an uneven section of the map and then lay a lot marker on top of it.

Visually, this could be an earthwork surrounded by lumber with pinnings on the sides, or rock walls.

Astor Cerberus, Bedawyn and Alley Oop like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.