No trade Subscriber Rewards. Sorry, that's a deal breaker.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vladamir Begemot, Oct 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

That's what the trade window is for but if it gets out of hand of course it could even be Spammy and something to mention . I wish the trade channel would have been set up differently. I preferred the posting idea mentioned from earlier days of posting ads on NPC towns bulletin boards but we got the trade window instead. It's problem is it isn't static so some will spam their ads to make sure every possible person sees them. Maybe every time they see some one log in even.

Players could check bulletin boards in their travels and maybe pick up a task to do at the same time. Since tasks could be included on the board.

2. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

I'm still wait for the heritage items to get cheaper like they said was going to happen.

Paladin Michael and Cordelayne like this.
  3. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

I guess they are talking about it now, because they hadn't in the past. He just did it without any discussion on the topic or any planning on how to implement it.

arcdevil likes this.
  4. Godra

Godra Avatar

That’s my point. Discuss before you do something and piss off the masses. They don’t and they still haven’t learned this over the past 6 years.

arcdevil and Sulaene Moon like this.
  5. Khal Drogo

Khal Drogo Avatar

Hope port starts moving some ingame assests to blockchain as well ...maybe even create a blockchain AH ingame for those assets ..unique deco/clothing ...sky is the limit .

Its why my current investment in the game superseeds 5000 $ .. and up till now i was never worried about my investment not being safe ( that includes pots, deeds ...) . Port trying to distance rmt from forum thus forcing players on black markets , making us feel like what we doing is against tos in some way .... does not make me feel safe at all.

I can understand their point of view also .. ....they gotta sell crowns to have an income so they could forbid crown rmt from forum ... i could live with that ...but going all the way to no rmt at all its 100 degree turnaround .

K1000 likes this.
  6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Might as well admit that future things have no value, and they will slowly cannibalize us until everything has no value.

And there's no way they are going with the blockchain, but if you hear of a game that is, please message me.

Elwyn and K1000 like this.
  7. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Khal, don't put more into than what we've said. We have had a LOT of scam issues in the forums lately. I've personally had to deal with a half dozen in the last 2 months alone. Several of them quickly turn into a spiderweb of 10+ accounts all likely set up for future scamming. Sadly this is the danger of a free to play game with tradeable goods that people want to RMT. Other sites are welcome to continue selling stuff but we don't want our forums involved in it.

I know there are some people who are playing the meta game of buying stuff purely for future resale but that doesn't help us or existing or new players. Also, I don't see the logic in thinking it will cannibalize things to no value. Even if you were to pretend a tradeable and no trade version of an item were the same value, it would only drop it to the no trade price but I think most would agree that the tradeable item has greater value by far. Again, our goal is not to hurt anyone with existing items.

8. Khal Drogo

Khal Drogo Avatar

I know ..i have seen em try scam people ...but thats a problem that can be easily fixed by making a forum section for rmt with a buy in to post ... you can make it 2-5 dollars one time pay .... no more scammers . ...no more issues for you to deal with .

9. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

I thought the forums were for “Trusted Traders”? You’re saying anyone can post their stuff for sale no matter the consequences?

arcdevil likes this.
  10. Khal Drogo

Khal Drogo Avatar

The only one worth mentioning at this stage is a mmo called ember swords . Its still in early development i think but i found the concepts interesting . Basically they will have some limited land up for sale ( for ethereum ) ... players that decide to buy that land can later rent it to other players or sell it ( for ethereum also) . The company uses part of the ethereum obtained from the land sales to create ingame assets that have an ethereum value attached to them ( mostly cosmetic stuff) ..those assests are then placed in the game as loot drops from killing monsters/boss type creatures on the overworld. So when youll get a unique drop as loot you can choose to cash it in or place it up for sale on your vendor for a higher value or you can wait and try to sell it later ..being a unique item its value can only increase .

The land owners - can charge rent for ethereum also from other players . Land is need it to create a home base with crafting areas ...vendors so on .

Im pretty sure by now alot of companies are keeping a close eye to see how these ethereum blockhain games are going , based on how well theyll do theyll invest or not ...but so far ive seen crazy amount of money spent on even the most basic blockchain based card games .

[​IMG]

I mentioned Ember Sword because i see similarities with port design as well ...so who knows maybe in a 3 or 4 episode we may see port going in for blockchain as well ...time will tell.

11. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

That game is long over. And most of us were playing the meta game of "lets make a game!"

You said this week that you want to kill RMT long term.

You have also repeatedly said people can't have refunds because they can sell their items.

Personally, I really enjoyed building my wealth in game, and justified the huge purchases, ridiculous purchases, because if I needed I could pull out some of the money.

I did this some over the summer because I needed to for travel. That was really handy, and a prior selling point of the items. I'm trying to sell a few things now, but none of them will be for a profit, that is for damn sure. RMT, other than for grinders, is dead already, now you're just telling the original backers we have a target on our backs.

Thus, all future purchases are ONLY fluff, even if they are still tradeable. That's the hard truth, the game was funded on items having value, and they will continue for a bit, but you effectively set everything to zero at some undefined point in the future. Big time RMT trader or single property owner, no one is going to buy something now thinking "well, at least I can recoup some of the cost if I leave".

No trade items are the worst, but it's time we all face the music, everything became cosmetic the moment you said you want to kill RMT in the long run.

And since it's all cosmetic, your prices are ridiculous, Heritage and tradeable. We could all justify them before because they had an value (albeit LESS than we paid) in case we needed to get some of that back. But since you plan to kill RMT in the long run, they are worth Nothing + Cosmetic. That means Cosmetic. Which means 99 cents. This includes tradeable items.

I might have paid $45 for a dungeon entrance when they were limited, maybe even after the betrayal of making all the limited stuff unlimited, just to support the game. But when I know that it's actually not worth more than a teleport scroll? No, sorry.

And Again: The meta game is long over, it died it's final death when the Vault came out, but it was over before then. One would have to be super dumb to be buying from the crown store and trying to resell for a profit, the direction of all prices is down and has been for some time. Any RMTer worth their salt sold everything at launch and is long gone. The people who stayed stayed for the game. These are the people you are kicking.

All mass sell offs you are seeing now is because people are fleeing. There is no Meta Game anymore. Rather than shoot them as they leave, fix the last 20% of Episode 1 and see if they stay.

I'd still like to run a light PvP Gustball League, but seriously, not right now. I'm playing Oxygen Not Included instead.

//RMT by gold and materials farmers is a different subject, having nothing to do with the long gone "meta game".

12. Geaux

Geaux Avatar

There needs to be a long term residual benefit for subscription, that incentavises players to keep subscribing, beyond a monthly reward. The more forward thinking the better. The more glue the better. The more fear of loss for failing to continue to subscribe, the better. Build GOODWILL over time...

K1000 and Khal Drogo like this.
  13. Geaux

Geaux Avatar

It is supply and demand, diminished population creates the abundance, and the hassle of finding where something is actually for sale, perpetuates the frustration of finding the player owned items. So delaying a search tool is in Ports best financial interest when game population is decreasing; because clicking on an in game icon and having something drop into your inventory is easy.

It's a shame that an RMT sales channel was not set up by Port, for accounts, gold, equipment, as it would have been a revenue stream for Port and value add for players.

K1000 and Khal Drogo like this.
  14. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

15. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Thanks for posting. I will make a pie in the sky prediction that it's a bit early still. I think the world designers will have to rethink their ideas of what it means to exist in a game. It should be interesting to watch though.

Cordelayne and Khal Drogo like this.
  16. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

No one is a fan of this from what I've seen.

I get putting a gate on some coto store items, but subscription rewards? Really? Hopefully it's just an oversight and will be fixed soon.

Edit: Looks like it may be an oversight. Chris said they are discussing it internally.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    Lesni and Cordelayne like this.
  17. CICI

CICI Avatar

I only sub to help fund the game & title's :) lol (Keeper of the Oath)
    But as a trader (No Trade) Removes a big part of the game for me....

18. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

Chris said they are looking at the sub items and keeping them traded. He said he didn't know they weren't trade able.
    I'm sure they'll fix this, he'll probably even bring it up in his next stream.

arcdevil and StarLord like this.
  19. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

I think what everyone in this thread is trying to say is that we need more taming gear! :D

20. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

You can buy premium items in both that give you 30 day subscriptions and sell those legally in game for in game currency. RMT is fully supported and in TOS compliance with both companies making profit off the activity. Nearly every MMO offers similar. EQ, EVE, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.