Making lazy vendors stand

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Myke5161, Oct 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myke5161

Myke5161 Avatar

Greetings!

Just a quick question, is there a way that I can make my vendor stand up, and stay standing?

Everytime I come to my vendor, he is sitting down... on the job even! What a lazy oaf! He just plops his posterior right on the ground. I treat my vendor well, giving him union approved break times for coffee and meal breaks, as prescribed by New Brittianna Labor Law. Yet every time I talk with him and rearrange his sales inventory he just plants his butt right back down on the ground.

Short of placing him floating over lava (that will get him to stand for sure) how can I make it so my vendor stands all the time? When he sits he litterly hides under his vendor podium/sales counter...

Sara Dreygon and Synergy Blaize like this.
  2. Parson Barr

Parson Barr Avatar

Your vendor stands when you have something new on it. Not sure if there is a way to make them always stand though.

Elwyn and Sara Dreygon like this.
  3. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

It's an indicator as to new items on the vendor. I like the visual notice of it. Used to be able to put a chair behind them and they would sit on it.

StarLord, Jaesun and Sara Dreygon like this.
  4. Myke5161

Myke5161 Avatar

Ah! I haven't put new items on my vendor in a long while... this is helpful. I guess I just have to get out there and put more items in my vendor.

Thank you!

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  5. Parson Barr

Parson Barr Avatar

This still works, but not reliably.

6. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Apart from the investment in whips and whatnots that I will not outline here, but it rhimes with 'imp' and 'lute'.

Then the novian vendor guild has had the sitting strike as a weapon for vendors who has nothing 'fresh' to sell. Where fresh by novian vendor guild interpretation is 14 days.
    So what you do is go up to the vendor -point behind them and shout "look over there" - then promptly while they look the other way, reclaim one item - then when they look back you say, here sell this brand new shiny item that I have just brought you. They will of course accept this and stand up to sell the "new" item presented.

However note that if you found them already sitting down, then if you present them with a new item to sell, they will by novian vendor guild contract be obliged to still sit down as long as you are within eyesight.
    So what one can do is leave the area and return right again, I usually stomp my feet just outside so as to make it appear that I walked further than I did. Just to see that they are indeed standing now. (exit-resume)

Happy hunting

Spoon

TL;DR
    re-claim
    re-list
    re-load

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I wish they had just stuck with graying out their names (as happens) and instead made sitting a right click option.

I hate it when I have to make someone who is supposed to be sitting behind a desk stand up for the next two weeks!

Synergy Blaize and Sulaene Moon like this.
  8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Sometimes I just add an empty bag to his inventory to make him stand up until I have things to add

9. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

And this is the weakness of that approach. If it was just grayed out, we would probably let it stay that way a lot of the time.

Plus, we lose the ability to have our vendors sit on purpose. @DarkStarr, please make sitting be a right click option so we can put them behind desks, and have graying the name (as it does right now) be the indication instead!

10. Myke5161

Myke5161 Avatar

Thank you all for your replies. Good to see you are still here Majoria, we had spoken in game few times a year ago! And Vladimir, I am using an animal whistle that you made, not sure where I got it lol. Small world lol!

11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well thank you very much @Myke5161. Yes I am still here but at the moment I'm away from home so not in the game. Hopefully I'll be returning in about a week and I look forward to hearing your progress and as usual if I can help let me know.

12. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

:D

13. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I even have two adjacent row lots where one vendor sits in a chair on the other lot!

14. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Yup.
    I put extra benches on my lot when in a row of row, that way I lure all the vendors over to mine for company...

Hehe.

Elwyn, Bedawyn and Jaesun like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.