No trade Subscriber Rewards. Sorry, that's a deal breaker.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vladamir Begemot, Oct 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

It didn't come out of thin air.

It was bought from Port in order to come into existence.

If there are two copies, it is because two people ought once, or one person bought twice.

I have a feeling a lot fewer things are going to come into existence this month, though.

So I guess Port is winning, less competition!

2. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all. The current Subscriber Rewards (R70) is delivered as a bundle. In the bundle is an Obsidian Alter, Executioner’s Hood, and a Baby Black & Orange Spider Pet. The bundle if not opened is tradeable. Once opened and you receive the 3 items only 1 item, the Baby Black & Orange Spider Pet, is not tradeable or able to go into a public chest. It will have to be stored in your bank. The other 2 items are tradeable and can be stored anywhere. If you have multiple alts doing the subscription you could trade 1 bundle to your main and then open the bundle and you would have 2 pets you can put down but since you can only have 2 pets out at a time I don't recommend having more that 2 on your main. As they change this to other things n future Subscriber Rewards you may want to trade more bundles later but find out what is non-tradeable first.

Jaesun, StarLord and Gia2 like this.
  3. Nick

Nick Avatar

How about Port selling the subscriber rewards at 99 cotos each for the month then expire them? Subscribers get them free. Make them all tradeable.
    CICI's 999 shops have proven that people like the number 9. :p

CICI likes this.
  4. Morgana Pendragon

Morgana Pendragon Avatar

We here at the Academy do believe that Port should follow the same path with all Subscriber/non-Subscriber rewards as other video games:
    All and any rewards should be only 'no trade' as it is in other contemporary games such as in FO76, TS4 and the Angry Birds series of games.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  5. oplek

oplek Avatar

Cool, then they need to finish following them and a) drastically reduce the prices and b) make the premium in-game currency drop rates 2-3x higher, and not contingent on other player's activities.

In FO76, you aren't buying individual items. You're essentially unlocking skins and recipes that can be used repeatedly. A decoration recipe may set you back 700 atoms, but you can earn those in-game by completing daily quests and challenges (though they tend to front-load this a lot).

One of those challenges has me going around taking pictures of different types of creatures, so those can be creative.

AlmostGivenUp likes this.
  6. oplek

oplek Avatar

And also, ditch all the P2W items in the shop.

arcdevil likes this.
  7. Morgana Pendragon

Morgana Pendragon Avatar

Nope, ditching the Obsidian Potions is not necessary or needed... Potions are offered also in other contemporary games such as in the Angry Birds series. ;) So SotA is allowed to offer potions in the Crown Store too! :) (As it is done in other games too!)

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  8. oplek

oplek Avatar

Not sure if serious. If you're being sarcastic and pointing out that we shouldn't do things just because others do, I agree. Each decision should be based upon its own merits. It's just that when it comes to account-bound items, they're trying to have their cake and eat it too. They want the restrictions of no-trade items, with the prices of tradable items.

If you are being serious, do I have to point out that two+ wrongs don't make a right? Cosmetic purchases are bad enough, but anything that gives benefit/bonus to the player is a vile plague upon the industry. Maybe I'm being old and crochety, but I remember a glorious time - when you bought the game, you got the game, and everything in it. It was amazing.

9. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

I didn't realize this.. we should definitely get something in offline that we get in online. That needs fixing right away.

Vladamir Begemot and Cordelayne like this.
  10. Mrpsu71

Mrpsu71 Avatar

It was mentioned to the devs about 3 releases ago. I started getting the potions and COTOs again, but the bundle itself is not claimable Offline. Don’t get the Monthly login rewards Offline either. Still missing pledge and some old bundle homes missing Offline as well. Can never get an answer on that either.

11. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

You can collect SOME online rewards in offline mode, though. It's worth trying to see what you can pull down. I was able to get my prizening reward from one account, but not the subscriber rewards from another account. Not sure if that was because it was a second account or because it was a different type of reward.

12. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

Wondering if that is a bug they don't know about or it may have the same "must log in" to obtain that we have in live?

13. Dulayne

Dulayne Avatar

Without reading the post I just wonder, could port not make something like in second life, where you can sell items through the game but it has to be put in a container, and when the person makes a purchase it automatically sends it to the person as long as payment clears. Sadly I can see this being full of pitfalls bt could be good too.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  14. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

A while back I looked up the restrictions on that in WoW, and I remember that each subscription item can only be sold through the AH once, period, and never sold again. And of course bound, too. It wasn't like plex where you can keep trading them along. And like plex, it's only good for subscriptions, not cosmetics, etc. Anyhow, it was much less powerful than the way COTOs work, where you can go maximum capitalism and play the market.

As I understand, it works with items that show up in the "Special Rewards" tab of your account web page. I see that the last one added to that list was R65. It may also only work with rewards from the account under which you activated the offline world when you created it, so you may be out of luck with multiple accounts.

arcdevil likes this.
  15. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

There's a dev reply somewhere on the forums here that says it should work with multiple accounts, but that to clear the data from the first account, you have to open a new offline game. So if you don't mind having each online account represented by a separate offline game, that should work. (Although it will also reset all your tutorial tips from all accounts.)

However, since one offline game can hold several characters in the same world, and since the link to download the rewards is (or should be) a temporary association, you'd think each character in the same game would be able to download its own rewards. (You don't actually need to associate/"activate" an offline game with any online account, UNLESS you're trying to download rewards.) That's the part that wouldn't work for me. I'll probably bug it eventually.

Elwyn likes this.
  16. Geaux

Geaux Avatar

It is my understanding that the spider may not have been intended to be no trade, and that this has/will be remedied. Folks that were at SOTA CON with me, please correct me if I misunderstood this point...

Sentinel2 likes this.
  17. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This has already been corrected.

18. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.