What if this was your business? or is it? .....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ragnarr Lodbrok, Oct 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I haven't raged too much but have you actually used Rapid Fire?

Gageman, Cordelayne and margaritte like this.
  2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

A pointless forum at this point. The original intent was that the Dev+ part of the pledge got us access to Unity Assets during the entire development. We did get some, but I try not to think about the disappointment that turned out to be.

Mishikal likes this.
  3. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Avatar

The bottom line is even if hypothetically every person with a public critique were to go AWOL and no one was to say a word going forward, once new players started coming in you would see the same complaints that you see now unless those problems are resolved. It doesn't matter what is said and where it's said. What matters is the experience. Being free to play there's nothing to lose but maybe a little bit of time and some hard drive space. I think most people who become interested through proper marketing wouldn't have a problem downloading and trying a game out. Albeit since it is free to play and the risk is small, people are quick to give up, uninstall, and move on if the negative out paces the positive once they start playing. Some people have a higher tolerance than others, but eventually everyone will reach a point to where they start running into redundancies that start eating away at the fun. It's like that with all games. The solution is keeping that interest up through listening to the masses, not silencing them.

4. Ragnarr Lodbrok

Ragnarr Lodbrok Avatar

@Chris I can only hope between your words and mine that folks CAN keep the rage down to a minimum. There is still a lot of animosity from the comments. It reminds me of being a parent advising my kids not to act out again, and they blatantly do it again in front of you and look you in the eyes and grin with a smirk knowing they can get away with it again and again and again... until something totally grabs their attention... like a thunder branch with plus 25 Air Attunement that lifts their hind ends off the ground. We have got some amazing people here. Lets all pull together and heed Chris's words he shared.

Floors, Witcheypoo, Pifester and 3 others like this.
  5. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Avatar

Comments like that won't help your cause. I can assure you.

Gageman and arcdevil like this.
  6. Sol Stormlin

Sol Stormlin Avatar

I just want beautiful long flowing princess hair :>

Girlsname, Jaesun, Cirsee and 9 others like this.
  7. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

I think you're right @Ragnarr Lodbrok , as someone here once told me, "if we keep our hopes and dreams alive one day that book will fit into the box". Until then keep giving.

8. Montaigne

Montaigne Avatar

Didn't you go off at a poster in a post that is now removed in another thread yesterday? Hopefully you can take your own advice :)

9. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

You won the Forums for the week with that comment!

I just validated something for myself, having several unopened SOTA boxes on my shelves and the Sword of Midras book sold at bookstores which is larger than the one promised as a pledge. If you remove the useless white box spacer insert, the book and all the other contents fit PERFECTLY. The shipping costs would have been double or more due to weight, especially coming from France.

The book not fitting in the box is a perfect abstract analogy for the entire SOTA experience.

10. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

The fact that this post got 4 pages by now shows a couple of things.

1.) we are too harsh (not too hard mind you) in the criticism with the devs and each other. There is no need to jump in here and tear the OP or Chris appart.
    2.) we are all passionate. Even the classical people that have already left (multiple times) and still lurke around here. That's nice. But sometimes it would be good if ppl could keep their passion in check.
    3.) repeating old grudges doesn't make them true. And if they are true, repeating them over and over won't change a thing. Sometimes it's better to let it gooooooooooooo.

11. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

[​IMG]

I think it also shows that a number of concerns by players still haven't been addressed my friend. :)

Though I do agree with you, pent up frustration shouldn't boil over into negative or truculent name calling. We all can do better than that and debate our disparate point of views respectfully. I mean, what good would it do if I called you a sausage swilling Kraut? (totally kidding you know I love you bro) ;)

Though I do have one question for you. Who or should I say what are:
    Is this them:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  12. Earl Atogrim von Draken

That would be ok. Cuz I am ^^

13. Ragnarr Lodbrok

Ragnarr Lodbrok Avatar

You nor anyone here has seen me "go off". If you feel I did go off with a comment on another thread, then those are your feelings or your judgement of the words. I assure you any post I have made is not rage. Unlike what I have witnessed in the SoTA forums. I may not use proper soft keyed words, but like I said... I'm a viking and I'm thick skinned and thick skulled.. here in the forums and in game. I don't wager and hide in the bushes lurking for a soft tactical approach, I hit berserker stance and take a chance at either dying or living. And I much prefer living. I much prefer this game living. I do love everyone here in this game, with or without rage or anger. If you love the game then you have to love the people (players). I'm a hardass but my heart is soft with a tough love approach. So there you have it. NOW you may have a better judgement.Nice to meet you :) I'm Ragnarr Lodbrok here and in game.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  14. Ragnarr Lodbrok

Ragnarr Lodbrok Avatar

*Bows head*
    Thank you.

15. Ragnarr Lodbrok

Ragnarr Lodbrok Avatar

Long Beautiful Viking flowing hair :)

Sol Stormlin, Witcheypoo and Ostvel like this.
  16. Earl Atogrim von Draken

FYI it took me until today to get it *facepalm* I work too much at the moment. The word I was looking for is most likely "typical" ^^

Cordelayne likes this.
  17. CarlNZ

CarlNZ Avatar

The irony of this thread is now that the official answer to "what if this was your business?" is "you would offload it" as demonstrated by the owners of this business.

18. KnightFalz

KnightFalz Avatar

You don't need to be an accountant to understand that a company that let go the vast majority of their staff and can't even afford to run an office doesn't have the money to hire anyone new for anything. If they could afford more staff they would have kept some of what they already had.

19. Astirian

Astirian Avatar

Reckon Raph Koster will cross-promote SotA alongside his planned game? He is an Origin alumni after all...

(I'm also reading his book, it's a lot of fun by the way!)

Cordelayne likes this.
  20. Astirian

Astirian Avatar

This increased the quality of my day by 100% Cord!

Barugon and Cordelayne like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.