Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Captain Kinsey not giving report quest item to players

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Anpu, Oct 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

10/02/2019 10:11
    Title: Captain Kinsey not giving report quest item to players
    Reproduction Rate: 1/1
    Blocker? Yes
    Details: I was in Soltown and was attempting to do the "Give Report to Stanley" quest task, when I noticed in my inventory, I was never given the report quest item. I was given the quest, but not the actual quest item to turn into Stanley.
    Steps to Reproduce: Finish the main quest for the Solace Bridge Outskirts for Captain Kinsey, and ask for help. She will give you the quest to give a report to Stanley but not the report quest item.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1047.Date.10.01.19
    Area: Novia_R1_City_Soltown
    Area Display Name: Soltown
    Loc: (66.4, 30.5, 150.6)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfQ2l0eV9Tb2x0b3dufHwoNjYuMzU0LCAzMC40ODQsIDE1MC41NjEpfCgwLCAtMC45ODUsIDAsIC0wLjE3NSl8MTU5Ljk4MzR8MjcuNDQ1ODR8OS4zNjQ1MTk=

[​IMG]

Edit: You can get a report if you head back to Kinsey and say report. She will hand you one. However, as the picture shows above, I was not given the item the first time.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

@Jaesun , was this a new character or a character who did some of Solace Bridge Outskirts a long while ago and just recently went back to finish those quests? I ask because there have been several updates to Kinsey and how she gives out her quest items and rewards. Her logic has gotten a little convoluted to account for various "grandfathered" players who might have been in different stages of her quests when she got updated. If you started SBO long ago and just went back to finish, then this is probably a small problem, but if this is a brand new character running the SBO quests for the first time, then it's actually a big issue.

3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

This was on the same account, with a new character slot. I now specifically use this character to test on Live (the beginning stuff). I just delete them and then start over from the beginning to check stuff. :)

I'm going to delete this character later tonight and start over and do the Solace Bridge outskirts main quest and observe if the letter is not given to the player.

4. Sannio

Thanks for all report and extra info! I've added it as issue #65838. Please let me know the results if you try it again.

Jaesun likes this.
  5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I did not receive the report (after after finding the scouts and killing the Ebon Dawn). And then asking for help. She gives me the quest "Give report to Stanley", but not the report quest item (see picture below, see inventory).

[​IMG]

10/09/2019 21:36
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1049.Date.10.08.19
    Area: Novia_R1_Forest04_01
    Area Display Name: Solace Bridge Outskirts
    Loc: (-96.2, 34.7, 130.0)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfRm9yZXN0MDRfMDF8fCgtOTYuMTk5LCAzNC42NiwgMTI5Ljk5Nyl8KDAsIDAuNjYsIDAsIDAuNzUxKXw4Mi43NzY4N3wzNC40NDc1N3wxMS4wNTQwMw==

6. Sannio

Thanks for the additional notes! Added to issue #65838

Jaesun likes this.
  7. Sannio

@Jaesun I have another follow-up question. When Kinsey said she was giving you the report for Stanley and you didn't get it, you're supposed to get the Banner of Love at the same time. Did you get that banner at that time? (You can even see in the screenshot that Kinsey says they'd like you to have it.)

I'm trying to figure out of you didn't get any item or if you got only one of the two items.

8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I did NOT get the banner of love. I had to click on the banner keyword to receive it.

9. Sannio

I thought that might be the case. (Thank goodness I have those failsafe responses so you can get the items individually!) I was able to reproduce your issue, but it's inconsistent. Sometimes I get all 3 items, other times I get none of them. I've passed the task onto one of our programmers and hopefully they can solve this quickly.

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.