Ardoris Sewers?

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Bedawyn, Oct 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Okay, feeling majorly dumb that I can't figure out a puzzle in a Tier 2 area, but...

There's a corridor blocked by poison gas on either end. Presumably, there's some way to turn off the gas -- since it's only Tier 2, I'm assuming they don't expect you to have a million hitpoints and just suck up the damage. But I can't for the life of me figure out what it is.

There's a pressure plate, that doesn't seem to do anything. There's a locked door with no key (that based on the map doesn't go anywhere anyway) with an associated switch, but that doesn't seem to do anything either. There's a skeleton with a note, but the note can't be read and there's no way to tell if that's intentional or a bug. Even if it is a bug, I doubt the note is related anyway (since the skeleton is associated with the other small puzzle, which I did solve).

It would be logical to expect that the pressure plate or the switch-that-looks-like-a-door will turn off the gas, but I'm stumped on how to make that happen. Any hints?

Thanks!

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i think that actually is just a hazard.

those two are related, but you'd need a buddy to get it to work.

Jaesun and Spoon like this.
  3. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

So content that can't be solo'd even in low-level areas. And if it happens in one scene, I won't be able to be sure it's not happening in others. So much for a single-player game. *sigh* I should have known.

Thanks for the info, anyway.

(I couldn't care less who owns the company, or if LB or DS are involved or not. THIS is the sort of thing that makes me hesitate to spend any more time, money, or love on it.)

4. Toular

Toular Avatar

I believe the pressure plate you mentioned opens a door that is just a little bit too far away to run to before it closes right in front of you ...

There is at least one trick to "extend the amount of time" it remains open / allow you to get to it in time. I was able to solo it.

Jaesun and Bedawyn like this.
  5. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Thank you! That gives me hope.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.