Lord of the Isle: Episode 2 Bundles

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sulaene Moon, Oct 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

With the current conclusion to the final physical reward for Episode 1, will the physical items in Episode 2 Lord of the Isle bundles still be honored?

This would include the “Fine dinner and drinks with Lord British, Darkstarr, & Atos at a location TBD in Austin or NYC” and “tour of Portalarium offices” (to me that sounds like they have/had more than one office).

Will the office tour be substituted with a future tour of Catnip Games office should they ever obtain one and will the dinner with LB, DS and Atos still happen?

If not, can you change the advertisement of these so I know what I may be purchasing?

TIA

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

3. oplek

oplek Avatar

I don't know that they have a lot of credibility left on whatever they say.

4. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

arcdevil likes this.
  5. Forum Name

Forum Name Avatar

Get ready for those physical hand-forged rings offered up to become an in game dungeon room, maybe with a digital ring forge to make copies of the ring for your friends!

Cordelayne and arcdevil like this.
  6. Copperhead2

Copperhead2 Avatar

Its ok, sent lawyers email about Seedvest investors... waiting for response...

Alleine Dragonfyre and arcdevil like this.
  7. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

The only factual answer to your question is - they don't have an dedicated office anymore. I don't recall them ever having more than one office location, even when they were much bigger.
    With regards to the other items... Catnip bought the game assets but is not the successor to Portalarium. I did not see any statement that Portalarium transferred any liability from past transactions (like sold Ep2 bundles) to Catnip. Maybe they did, maybe not - no statement looks like a "no transfer" to me. If you want to be certain, write to their law firm.

Last, but not least, Catnip has the same dev team, less DS and RG. You have decide for yourself if you want to invest into a future item/service and trust it will be delivered in an acceptable form.

8. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

Ok? I think that's a different topic and thread.
    That's why I'm looking for clarification. They are still being sold, so who gets my money, and will it be honored or will it end up like the book and be traded for something in game? I really shouldn't have to ask a lawyer about the bundles that are for sale on their website.

Hopefully @Chris or @DarkStarr can answer.

arcdevil likes this.
  9. Oakenhammer

Oakenhammer Avatar

Catnip owns the shroudoftheavatar.com website, so any revenues will be going to Catnip now. The bundles will be honored and you'll get the currently available rewards pretty much immediately. We still have to wait for some of the other rewards to be created and released.

Regarding the two physical rewards from the LotI bundle (Episode 1 Box and map signed by the team and one real silver ring crafted personally by Lord British), I don't currently see any reason why they won't be fulfilled. Making 24 rings is a lot different than 5000+ books and the game boxes are easy to fulfill using their stock currently held at Amazon.

Btw, I say all of this as the owner of a LotI bundle myself.

10. CarlNZ

CarlNZ Avatar

I'd argue that getting the books printed that were already written and you'd already been given the money for is a lot easier than getting RG to forge 24 rings. Especially given how hard it's been to get him to sign some bits of cloth.

Don't be surprised at a dungeon room with a deco ring entrance.

11. KnightFalz

KnightFalz Avatar

Really? It is rather obvious. A failure to meet one commitment of physical fulfillment makes any further commitment of physical fulfillment suspect. This is especially so when the next in line is rings hand forged by someone who is now somewhat less involved then when they were originally offered.

CarlNZ statement to be prepared for another round of what was promised being not what is delivered is quite on target, as precedent for such has been set.

12. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

It has been clearly stated the LB and Starr are still involved in SOTA. Why does everyone keep saying they are no longer affliiated. Chris even said towards the end of his stream that Starr will still be yelling at him if he does something wrong. And they are still doing the streams and such. I dont understand how folks keep saying they are not part of Sota anymore. Duh

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  13. CarlNZ

CarlNZ Avatar

Due to Chris saying neither of them are on the payroll now (though LB hasn't been for a while) and that his lawyer wanted him to be very careful about how he phrases them still being involved. It sounds more like they'll be "friends of the game", making appearances, etc., rather than actually being involved in the day to day .

14. Forum Name

Forum Name Avatar

This is a good way of putting it, and I wish that was how it was phrased rather than the "almost nothing has changed folks!'. Richard and Starr are not employees of the new company and do not apparently have any ownership/director stake. So they will show up when they like, just as a friend might, but have no obligation to do so.

One needs to ask themselves, if making these changes to not have LB and DS officially part of the game/company makes no difference, why did they make the changes in the first place?

Again, just my opinion, and yes, I think they will be around in live streams, some forum posts, and pop in the game on occasion (dance parties most likely). But I do not expect them to drive the story or quests, or really drive any of the key roadmaps for a LB game that I would like. It's Chris' show now and these two will just come over to the house every now and again, like friends. For some (many, even), that is enough I guess.

15. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

Maybe this is a Mr. Wonderful deal and LB gets a ROYALTY ...... I love Shark Tank. No insider info implied or actually. I am a player and a fan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.