Catnip Games Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cora Cuz'avich, Oct 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

LOL
    Ok, let me make this easy. Look at what Chris posteds here:
    and here:
    So like Chris, I am not a fan of it, but it's Chris's game so he makes the final decision. Again I'm sorry if I'm not clear as english is a second language. Does it clear up your question about me?

2. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

I sure do not need you to clear anything up for me about who you are. Reading your post is more than enough.

3. Superbitsandbob

Superbitsandbob Avatar

Well they are certainly devoid of people. I only wish the rows contained nothing as opposed to thousands of deco's squeezed into an area to imitate the look of a medieval rave party goers wet dream moving at 15fps.

4. Gia2

Gia2 Avatar

I'm sure some RMTermites earned more than Portalarium devs during this show

5. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

What’s the saying? Don’t hate the player, hate the game.

Brass Knuckles likes this.
  6. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Novia is ripe for the taking . My vote is on conquering all towns on the map , if your guild is up for it. All transactions that take place in that conquered town pay a 1% fee to the conquering guild.

7. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Pretty strong opinion.

And now hiding behind Chris?

My what a brave crusader you are.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  8. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

No not hiding. I’m here. Want to discuss or or engage in conversation with me please feel free. I enjoy a good debate. I don’t enjoy when people accuse others of “hiding” or having an opinion is either “weak” or “strong”. Please be civil, as an adult.

9. Earl Atogrim von Draken

You have a strong opinion. That's not an insult. That's an observation. And having a strong opinion isn't anything bad in general.
    A lot of people tried to have a discussion with you. And then you come forward with Chris posts.
    I mean, sure, you are correct, people that want other solutions than outright banning RMT will have to have the discussion with Chris in the end.
    But you are here, guns blazing, and are surprised that people offer their opposite (equaly strong) opinions?
    Heh. I really don't know if that's the best way to roll.

But let's give it a shot.
    RMT isn't going to go away. Ever. That's a fact of online gaming live.
    Sure, you can make it illegal but in that case you will have to enforce it. Port/Catnip hardly have the manpower to do that. So that's no solution at all.
    Making stuff untradable is the bane of every working market. We should be able to trade everything for IGG, no matter what it is.
    The easiest and possibly best solution is the rework of the trusted trader program. So I am really courious what @Chris will come up with regarding that.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  10. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

I read what you said and I see your point. Thank you, this is the discussion I was hoping for, not sarcastic remarks like others have done. FIRST, let me apologize, if my opinion comes off as strong. English is a second language for me so I may use words from translation that might be considered strong, but that is not my intent. Again, I'm sorry if it comes over that way. I don't mean to.

In other posts I have made I have actually stated that I BUY cotos from the RMT market because they are cheaper then what the crown shop or website sell them for. That should be a great example as why I am not "totally" against RMT. But once people see that my view on RMT is similar to what Chris' issues are, it triggers people and they immediately are mean and condescending. People should be able to debate and have opposing views here without instant hatred. I was even told by someone here "I do not think we should continue any further conversations.", because I was trying to clarify if what I said was miscommunication.

I am agreement with you that RMT isn't going away and probably has a place in every game including this one. Like you said "it''s a fact of online gaming", which I agree. We should and can trade everything in game for IGG. I had the impression that everyone selling on the RMT portion of the forums was considered a "trusted trader" and that Portalarium wouldn't have allowed anyone with an account to jump in there and start selling stuff. I WAS WRONG, but people bashed me and sent me horrible PMs that I wouldn't let my kids read.

So, my view is two fold and I am happy to hold a conversation with anyone (most likely in anther thread as it's off OP) as long as they are civil. I think that RMT has hurt Portalium's bottom line over the years (which we can debate in another thread) and that people should not rely on a game company to ensure that pixel items hold a value of real dollars because the player is relying on the item for real cash. That last statement might not be to clear.

I may not be right and I could have my opinion changed if I do see a good argument contrary to my original though. But no one is going to change my mind when they throw hate and disparaging comments at me. Thank you @Earl Atogrim von Draken for hopefully understanding.

11. Earl Atogrim von Draken

@Sulaene Moon
    That's a big, fat No Go. Report them, block them and be done with it.

About the rest: yeah that is possibly the wrong topic. But I am pretty sure in the foreseeable there will be enough RMT discussions coming up. I will see you there ^^

12. Astirian

Astirian Avatar

So I'm watching Chris's stream now about the announcement and honestly, it sounds like a great move. Only just got some time now to watch it and it's putting me in a great mood! :)

13. Old Man2

Old Man2 Avatar

I’m sure the 10’s of thousands I have spent buying from Port has not hurt their “bottom line”.
    People who play the game for free, and never buy a thing from Port, hurt their “bottom line”.

Elrond, Cordelayne, devilcult and 5 others like this.
  14. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

The example of me buying cotos from someone other then Port doesn't hurt Port?

15. Oracle Watcher

Oracle Watcher Avatar

Bzzt! Blocking people who send hostile PMs is a good option. Im not sure about devs or other mods but it doesn’t appear the “Report Post” button notifies me (tested via reporting my own posts).

If there are posts that you believe violate forum rules that you wish to report you may PM me directly as well which gets my attention fairly quickly.

Bzzzzt! Please everyone avoid personal attacks on each other and logical fallacies. Thanks!

Elwyn, Jaesun, arcdevil and 7 others like this.
  16. Old Man2

Old Man2 Avatar

COTOs come from Port as a majority.
    The amount bought from someone selling (RMT) is a small portion of the overall economics.
    Keeping people happy, and in the game, giving them options, is good for the overall health of the game.
    RMT people buy from Port. They spend a lot of money buying from Port.
    Does Port get every $ of every transaction in the game? No, but they get the majority. It is a good economy. It is good for the overall economy. Everyone wins.

17. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

18. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

For the record, I wonder : would you see
    [​IMG]
    As a personal attack ?

Elwyn, Girlsname, arcdevil and 3 others like this.
  19. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Nah. We just are like that. That isn't even personal ^^

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  20. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I had kids lol. But I play quietly and I still help people, run my town etc.

I keep waiting for the dust to settle to re-emerge somewhat but there's always lots of dust lol. I didn't go anywhere!

Edit - PS. Read forums every day, I just write less unless something seems directed more at me, like if it's in my POT thread ;)

Elwyn, Jaesun, Elrond and 12 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.