1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Catnip Games Acquires Shroud of the Avatar

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Oct 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

As do I.

Ostvel likes this.
  2. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

+1 !! Thank you for getting answers from the source. :)

Ostvel likes this.
  3. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Congratulations to @Chris and catnip games. I look forward to future SotA content. I am glad to hear Lord British and Darkstarr will still be involved.

4. Duke Ezekiel Cooper

Duke Ezekiel Cooper Avatar

There's a lot of great information coming out about Episode 2 at the convention.

devilcult, Astirian, Jaesun and 5 others like this.
  5. Aelender

Aelender Avatar

Hmm, according to their website they are an "accounting firm that has gained distinction in the New England area through our niche practice in bankruptcy and insolvency." Must be just the first accounting firm listed in the Austin, TX directory, total coincidence.

http://www.vlpc.com/services.cfm

Or maybe they are talking about a different vlpc?

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Please post!

amarious, Jaesun, Cordelayne and 3 others like this.
  7. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I understand Chris... I just wasn't sure who the "them" was you were referring to without the help of our awesome community here.

BTW, congratz on the hostile takeover! :p

8. KnightFalz

KnightFalz Avatar

Other than monitoring his forum activity, which speaks to only that, you have no idea what his level of involvement is or will be. You only know what the public at large knows, as do I, which is virtually nothing as to what his future contributions, if any, will be. I have no evidence he has made any of late. You have no evidence he has not.

I spoke of his potential involvement as you wondered in what sense he could be. As I pointed out it could be in many ways, and I'm sure there are many others I did not think to mention. You could refute the possibility of none of them.

You claim my assertions regarding the press interest in RG are a lie. Yet even to this day he can capture media attention of at least that related to gaming at his whim. His LB persona is just as easily recognized and attended. If you're going to suggest that has no potential use in marketing it is you either failing to understand the value it has, or are demonstrating you own honesty issues.

The draw of RG is not solely based on the substantive as you seem to think. There are a host of non-tangibles that have constructed a mystique about him that still calls out to people to this day. Do you think SotA would have received the support it did solely on inherent merit alone? I rather doubt it. If the exact same vision had been presented by someone else there would have been a much steeper hill to climb. Some of that draw can still be leveraged, even if by association alone.

So, RG can still be a factor in many ways, if he and Chris are so inclined.

Whether he will be, and how effectively if the path is taken, is anyone's guess.

Elay and Ostvel like this.
  9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

@Chris
    What happened to the update that was going to bring some love to Rapid Fire?

amarious likes this.
  10. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

hard to do during a convention no? ;p he said that 1 day before going there i think...

since it was last patch too my guess would be next update, pretty sure he want archer to be happy ;p

Ellie2 and Montaigne like this.
  11. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

it was not last patch. there are two waiting for the go-live button. he said on stream he'd do it tonight.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    Barugon and Jaesun like this.
  12. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

oooh mea culpa then ;)
    *run before archer's hate hit him in the knee*

Jaesun, Astirian and Alley Oop like this.
  13. Astirian

Astirian Avatar

"I used to be an adventurer like you... Till an arrow bounced off my knee." :D:D:D

Violette Dyonisys and Cordelayne like this.
  14. Kirthag

Kirthag Avatar

I thought I felt a ripple in the pond.

Congrats to @Chris and the team - this is a good move for the game.

Looking toward the horizon from my lurker spot. :)

Ellie2 likes this.
  15. Wheeks

Wheeks Avatar

Does this means backers have been scammed out of their box rewards?

16. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

No, this has nothing to do with the box (rewards).
    Only the Book was changed into digital rewards - more info HERE!

17. Wheeks

Wheeks Avatar

Thanks for the info.

I've had conversations with support and on the twitch stream and in both instances was guaranteed the box was being sent out, but nothing ever happened.

I have re-emailed support who have been silent for months, and I've sent a message to @Chris hoping to finally get this sorted.

18. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Hi Wheeks.
    Communication with Portalarium can be frustrating (let's hope that changes now that Catnip owns SOTA).
    I am not sure how you have tried to contact Chris, but is seems he is not very responsive to messages sent in the forums (either by posting with an @ Chris mention or by sending him a personal message using the conversation feature). From what I understand, the best way to contact him is by one of the following methods: whisper him in-game if he is on-line or send him in-game mail that explains your situation. So, if you have not already tried to contact him in-game, give it a try.
    Hope you can get your box soon.

Ellie2, Jaesun and Paladin Michael like this.
  19. Wheeks

Wheeks Avatar

Gosh that's a worrying system! What if you don't play that much? It has been quite a few years since the game was backed - I haven't played continuously the entire time. I would need to re-orientate myself to the game. Feels very... unofficial.

20. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

For what it is worth I have had nothing but good, timely and kind/understanding responses from @Chris - we all understand he is a busy man, mode so now that ever. But I feel he tries hard and cares way more than anyone else I have interacted with at Port. That is not meant to be negative about others; I am just trying to show how much, in my personal experience, @Chris has gone above and beyond when requests were made. This was before the sale too, and he did right by my request when others felt my request was not in need of addressing. He is a good man who care about this game and community. So much so he took over entirely this game, which I think we can all fairly agree needed a new stewardship. Onward and upward for SOTA under @Chris ’s careful and talented direction!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.