Ice Shield

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by krakenvarados, Oct 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krakenvarados

krakenvarados Avatar

Ice Shield is OP - 25% fire resistance and other good things.
    For a fire mage is impossible win with it.Why my immolation don't give me water resistance?
    why with 100 water warding+ shield, i receive critical dmg like 400-500+ to a ice arrow? if a do 100 with my fire arrow is a miracle

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    Lesni likes this.
  2. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Makes sense to me that Immolation should give water resistance. Or possibly a chance it just eats up the ice arrow damage once in a while similar to how glancing blows work.

On top of that it should reduce the slow effects as well, since you are on fire after all.

Jaesun and krakenvarados like this.
  3. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

Imo, more important than water resistance is slow resistance vs ice mages. There should be a sort of slow immunity for a couple of seconds when using knight grace/escape, otherwise you are always slowed so you will be constantly exposed to dps of a ice mage cause your mobility is fucked.
    The fact that ice arrow is the main dps skill of an ice mage allow him to spam slows with his dps keys, considering slow is much more powerful than stuns in this game, dev should definitely find a solution for it.
    P.S. slow resistance should be something related to knight grace/escape, and not just to immolation, everyone but ice mages have the same problem in pvp with slows.

4. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Maybe they can add a new stance of some sort that negates slows and reduces damage output or something along those lines

Dhanas likes this.
  5. Kinetic

Kinetic Avatar

400-500 hits from ice arrow is going to be possible from only a few avatars. I believe the better way to approach some parity here would be that a cast of purify shouldn't be able to clear 4 fire dots instantly. That fire mage has spend time getting all these dots and I click once and all that work is undone. One at a time with purify would help this disparity.

If u added defence to immolation then u would have both a defensive and offensive affect to it. Ice shield is only the defensive.

Jaesun, krakenvarados and Dhanas like this.
  6. Kinetic

Kinetic Avatar

Shhhh, dont awaken the nerf hammer

7. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

To get 25% fire resistance dont you need to be like 150 in the Shield of Ice skill?

8. Kinetic

Kinetic Avatar

At lvl 130, if i stack it 6 times i get 22.5%

Paladin Michael likes this.
  9. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

Its because Water is the counter to fire, fire is the counter to air, air is the counter to earth and earth is the counter to water.

If you want something on immolation, it should be air resistance... #makeairmagesgreatagain(FIXDODGE!:p)

Kinetic and King Robert like this.
  10. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

Fire is not about DD it is about DOTs so it has low DD compared to other schools.

Most Fire DOTs brings down fire resistance, but they only last as long as the DOT lasts. Purify means to remove the fire resistance de-buffs also. And these de-buffs are needed to work against the resistance buffs of water magic (Shield, Douse). Purify should only remove one DOT at a time especially it is a tier 2 level spell. Douse also remove one DOT per cast as a bucket of water do.
    Also the water elemental is fully fire _and_ water resistant while it should only be water resistant.

I like the idea that immolation may transform ice/water (Arrow, Fist Ice Field, etc) to steam. But hot steam hurts also. I agree that there should be a chance that a water magic attack is changed to a steam attack with a lesser (or none) slow affect and less damage. May add a short lasting DOT to the target. (That can be cleared with Purify / Purify Blast, one per cast). If it helps with balance, transform a water attack to a weaker steam attack may requires to be specced in fire magic and be immolated of course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.