Enlightenment, Air's Embrace and Strength of Earth should be in Focus, Subterfuge and Tactics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aetrion, Oct 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sway

Sway Avatar

2 questions
    1) what does your dex buff give you?
    2) what is your max(ish) hit currently? your an archer so i'm guessing piercing shot, what's it's crit hit up to?

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Everything else works exacly as it should anyway.

3. Sway

Sway Avatar

also I would like to point out that moving them would lower them. you would lose the attunment buff they get for being in a spell tree. so you would still get the crit buff if you speced in sub but the dex bonus would be lower because of no attunment.

4. Aetrion

Aetrion Avatar

If everything was exactly as it should be there wouldn't have to be any balance, nor would we ever see new skills added or anything like that. Clearly changes are being made all the time. It's a living game.

The abilities wouldn't be moved over 1 to 1 and simply suddenly have no attunement. They would be adjusted to give something like 0.5 per skillpoint flat, which would be a slight buff to most characters.

5. Vesper

Vesper Avatar

I don’t see the merit in anybody even discussing this personally.

6. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

What builds are you talking about. Last time I checked we can all train everything with 0 negative. Remember when decay was removed. There are no builds. So you're creating a problem that doesn't exist for players after they play long enough. I have everything trained and essentially every build. So im fighting against you wasting the developers limited time during a period in the game where i feel their time can be spent doing much more important things. Let's get raids and all the other things i mentioned into the game first. And then they can use their time to fix what you're talking about. Why is that hard for you to understand?

Bow Vale and Mac2 like this.
  7. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

What you're talking about makes balance way harder as well. You want a fire archer to be just as effective as an air archer? That's kind of comical. Did you really think this through?

Have you ever pvped in this game before?

Dhanas likes this.
  8. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

[
    1st off, why can't he suggest things? Do you really think this is wasting dev time? Like Honestly you think that because this guy makes 20 suggestions per week Chris & company drop all they were doing and start putting work into these to test if it makes sense? No, if things weren't working the way Chris wants them to, he would fix it how he seems pertinent, and Aetrions suggestion would only have as impact of maybe helping Chtis towards an idea he might like. I doubt your negative remarks towards him were necessary at all.

Now in terms of how it is affecting builds like he said, I can understand his point of view, being if you want the buff to be as strong as it can, you need to build your attunement towards it, thus you cant attune as well in other schools of magic, and thus you become less viable in those schools. It is always a question of "Do I want the buff OR do I want the skills?" Sure, you can have a weaker version of the buff, but that's the point, you need to chose which you want to be strong and which you want to be weak. This means a warrior who wants as much strstrengas possible has to pick earth + something else, just for the buff. Meanwhile, by moving the buffs to their respective strategy trees, they can be buffed in power for everyone, and then let people pick their magic schools the way the wanted to rather than for the buff. Also, in another suggestion of his, he suggests allowing a 3rd spec, limited to the strategy trees. This would result in players being allowed a specced buff + 2 specs of their choosing.

Aetrion and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

What he wants is all the benefits of Air's Embrace with maximum attunement but without having to actually put that work and dedication into the air tree.

Adam Crow likes this.
  10. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Oh so easy button syndrome? Isn't this game easy enough already.

11. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

No, what he wants is a well balanced game that has strong game design.

It doesn't hurt to take a second look every now and then.

12. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

/facepalm

13. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Negative remarks? I have actually said i like the idea but i don't think this is the time to do something like this. Sorry for having an opinion.

14. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

This isn't some quick and easy change like you're all making it out to be. But I'm obviously being misunderstood. My intent was never to be negative. I just don't think this is the time for a huge combat overhaul. I will back off now and let you discuss, my apologies!

Mac2 and Dhanas like this.
  15. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I play a mage, was only sun speced mage for like 2 days. Why did it last only 2 days? Cuz I found better for the way I play with moon spec. I know many archers that are tactics earth spec as well, and do really well with that build too. Ever seen what the right build with a melee person will do with tactics chaos spec? The fact is I change my spec all the time for what I want to do in the game and sometimes just to try out new things.

Jaesun, Dhanas, Barugon and 3 others like this.
  16. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

No thanks, and @Barugon put it quite succinctly :
    plus
    Agree....

Dhanas and Barugon like this.
  17. Aetrion

Aetrion Avatar

Right, so you guys basically have no good arguments so you're just going to attack my character and pre-emptively accuse the devs of wasting time if they like this idea.

This kind of behavior is probably a significant contributor to people who aren't happy with the way this game is simply leaving instead of dealing with the hostility they get from you lot if they ask for positive change.

I'm going to continue my advocacy for changes in the system based on design sense. You're welcome to keep attacking me though, it will make it easier for rational people to see that I have real arguments and you just try to make people too uncomfortable to speak their mind by creating a hostile environment.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    Jaesun and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  18. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Guys, how about we leave the "You're just lazy" arguments out.

These kind of comments have made it so I have a fair number of guildmates who adamantly refuse to post to the forums, because they don't want to be reamed by people.

Let people do their brainstorming. Stop feeling threatened. If Chris thinks it is a good idea then he may or may not go for it. He doesn't need a shield of mud to keep ideas away from him.

Violette Dyonisys likes this.
  19. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

There's no point in arguing anyway. Add in useful ideas. Once you've got your plan solid, Powerpoint. Arrows. Skills where you want them (visually). Send it to him in a google doc.

Aetrion likes this.
  20. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I felt my argument was good, and no personal attacks in it, not that your statement was directed at me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.