1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Selling Player Towns back to Port/Catnip for crowns....

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Nick, Oct 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick

Nick Avatar

I've been seeing players selling player towns for very low prices....

Wish the @Chris will consider buying back some of these towns using crowns, then these players can in turn sell the crowns to other players for cash.

This perhaps can help reduce the number of ghosts towns in the game. With the number of overland and nested towns reduced, the company can later sell upgrades to overland for some of the nested towns (via service vouchers). Raising some cash for the company in the process.

Also in future, the company can also slowly start re-selling these towns as the player base grows.

Jaesun, Witcheypoo and Cianna like this.
  2. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Where ?

Theres barely 1 pot popping up for sale every few months and its usually for sale at its value.

3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

o_O

IF player(s) are selling their towns, then one would assume they are leaving the game.
    IF that is the case, they why would they bother selling for crowns to get RMT when they can sell for $$ directly without the crown intermediate transactions ??

And how would it benefit either Chris or SotA for the hassle ?

What am I missing here ??

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  4. Nick

Nick Avatar

I haven't seen town sold at near buying price for a very long time. Especially high tiers.

Its easier to sell blocks of crowns than 1 town that cost a few grands. Considering where we are right now, how much would a player dare to spend on this game? I also believe there's a less risk to sell back to the company.

Not that I am selling. Just thought it's a way out for some of the players who are thinking of offloading.

Of course if you guys have a better way that can help both the company and the players, please do tell.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ likes this.
  5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I still don't understand your logic in this.....

Let's say someone wants to sell a town and is asking $1000 for it.

In your scenario, Chris would say to the town seller: "I'll give you $xxxxxx RMT worth of crowns" (whatever the going rate is, but I'm guessing the current store price).

The town seller would still have to sell the crowns for RMT

The town seller would then say to Chris: "Why should I bother with a currency that - since I'm leaving the game - means nothing to me ? "

So then the question is: Is it easier for the seller to sell batches of crowns for RMT as opposed to the town itself for RMT ?

I don't think so.......

Synergy Blaize likes this.
  6. Nick

Nick Avatar

Let's say you spent $3.6k on a town and you decide to sell it at a loss. Then after 2 months CiCi offers you $1k.

Now, lets say, Chris comes along and says, I'll take back the town for 3.6k worth of crowns. It'll be easier for him to sell those $3.6k worth of cotos for cash in a much shorter time. And he doesn't need to pay a service charge for town transfers.

We will have 1 less empty town to worry about. And that town, chris can sell again for cash in future if he wishes.

Question now is, is it easier to sell a $3.6k town or $3.6k worth of cotos.
    Considering that there are quite a number of towns that went up to municipality.... $7.6k?

Of course, the player can always sell to other players. I am just asking for an option for the player to sell back to the company for crowns that he can resell more quickly.

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  7. CICI

CICI Avatar

Some players have more then one town also and may want to buy deeds/homes/deco vs having 2 or more towns =) Maybe even offer 50 COTO's per $1
    most players will never RMT and the towns will sit as a ghost town forever!

Witcheypoo and Nick like this.
  8. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

50% off is garbage rather watch it rot. and i would

9. oplek

oplek Avatar

One benefit of reducing how many POTs there are, is that it's force the playerbase to concentrate where they live.

Witcheypoo and CICI like this.
  10. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

I think they are talking about the couple that popped up recently by medical reasons I think, and one person quitting. Other then that, I have only seen them for as value as well.

11. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Right ... and my 2 chests of store furniture and store statues ... ill make a list for Chris to buy them back from me and resell them . o_O

12. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I'll pay someone 50% of their towns worth in crowns, if anyone actually wants to do that.

13. Nick

Nick Avatar

Right... am sure they are worth thousands of dollars and overflowing from your chest to all over Novia turning it into a massive eyesore.......with new players wondering what's wrong with the game.

I recall we used to be able to sell back crown stuff back to the crown store for crowns...what happened to that? They should bring that back. I'll support you if you make that list to Chris! I believe many others will too.

At 100% worth, people above me are already complaining. But wasn't the last Municipality sold at 1/3 of its listed price? That sounds roughly about 50% worth in cotos. You were the one who bought it? Congrats then.

For me, I'll just steward it out to anyone who's interested in governing a town and let him/her enjoy it. Better someone who can have fun with it than an empty town that scares other away. I've a few trusted steward, and another friend with full access to my governor account such that in the event something happens to me in real life, the town will go on. It will not be sold.

Yes I am naive, I am hoping this can help remove a few empty towns from Novia. That maybe it may help some players who wishes to unload faster for cash. It may or may not work. I wish Chris will evaluate and consider the options. If they feel it will not work. So be it. At least they have given it some thought.

Cianna and CICI like this.
  14. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

No I didn't buy it. I said if someone actually wants to sell one for cotos at 50% of its price, I would consider buying it. I don't think anyone would be willing to do that, but the offer is out there if I'm mistaken.

Nick likes this.
  15. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

I've seen this argument before... several times.. and it didn't work in those environments either.

16. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Sorry, don't see the need at all. And I definitely do NOT see why they should buy anything back.

PS: Correction Thanks Vlad.

17. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I assume that's "do not"?

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.