1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Speed up the Blood Bay airship

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Vladamir Begemot, Oct 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

"We'll wait for it to come around",

"That'll be like half an hour"

Ooop, that's too long! It really crawls, even for a sight seeing tour. I suggest 4x the speed at least.

Rinaldi, Adam Crow and Gia2 like this.
  2. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Fast things look to arcade for me, im glad they slowed the elevators and mining carts... I like the slow realism over button bashing arcade games. Instead of having ships screaming across the landscape unrealistically, why not add another Airship?

Witcheypoo and Rinaldi like this.
  3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Go have a go around the island on that one. It doesn't have to be screaming, but you don't want the slowness to discourage people from using it.

4. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Maybe have lever on the airship, next to the helm:
    the default lever position makes the airship fly at its current speed.
    Flip the lever into the other position and it speeds up the airship - full throttle! (maybe stays full throttle for one loop around then resets to default speed, until lever is flipped again).
    Making the ship fly faster may reveal your presence to others in the zone :eek:
    also, if you want to board the airship, the slower default speed means you'd still have to wait a while for it to come to your position.

I guess you could also put a lever at the boarding locations, and flipping the lever at the boarding location would speed up the airship for a loop (so it would come to you faster).

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

There you go. More interactivity is always a win!

Violette Dyonisys, Jaesun and Rinaldi like this.
  6. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Im against speeding up the airship for the sake of convenience. I would rather waves of pirates attack you when you board it.

7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Mzybe they could at least give it a look?

I mean, when people are literally catching up while running on the ground (yep ,that was happening) that's a damn slow ship.

When people are saying "well.... I don't think we should take it because it'll take foreeeever", then it kind of ruins the whole thing doesn't it?

Waves of pirates is a good idea, but man that is a slow ship.

Witcheypoo and Rinaldi like this.
  8. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I would love to see another faster ship on the same track but a little higher. Maybe even at the same height but offset a bit... make them both have levers with different speeds, and maybe even reverse? Could get a couple groups and try to fight each other, board the other ship etc. I agree the speed of the current one makes it pretty useless.

And put something on it like a captain and crew that spawns with a rare drop so there's something to fight over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.