One thing that needs to be fixed ASAP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Warrior B'Patrick, Oct 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all
    This is NOT a discussion about all the things that need to be fix. But fixing this one thing I think would very much help minimize the worry on most of them. I read so many post that talk about problems and how there is no update on when things might be fixed or even if the DEVs have even read our postings. And how many support tickets are never answered or if they are it is long after the submitter gave up hope? I love this game and will be here until EP5 is done and EP6 is being discussed but that can not be said for a lot of people and we need them to get to EP5. And I know that recently cost saving decisions have prompted delays in game design, shipping, and support but this one things needs to be moved up in the priority list.

So my suggestion is lets use some of that income/money to hire a CS person and a Communication Person! We all know support has been a full time job for 1 person since the Kickstarter. We need one now more than back then to resolve some long standing support issues for players or we will loose them. A separate need is for a Communication Person either full time or part time to let us know what is being planned or the status of the game features. Also they would do some in game and public marketing of the game. Let them promote the sales in game and be the main talking point at conventions and keynotes.

Anyway thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully @Chris will read this and understand I am trying to help the game and NOT trying to tell them what to do.

2. Nick

Nick Avatar

I say bring back the rustic dragon! (if he's willing)

3. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

Developer: Portalarium SOLD

Whois this? Perhaps a new CS / Moderator?

4. oplek

oplek Avatar

It's been around for at least a few months. Probably community volunteer. It wouldn't have the access to account information needed to do CS without being an official employee.

5. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

This is one of the first posts I made when I had started. They desperately need a CS person. The game might be better off now would they have hired one after the other one left.

Edit: And don't bring back past people, bring in new fresh ideas with a clear perspective.

Violette Dyonisys and Dhanas like this.
  6. CarlNZ

CarlNZ Avatar

I think if the game were generating the income for new hires port wouldn't have offloaded the game.

7. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings
    I remember in one of the Livestreams that the CS person was a part time person related to one of the devs... A wife maybe. I think the Customer Support and the Communications persons both need to be full time.

8. Oracle Watcher

Oracle Watcher Avatar

Bzzt. Correct.

My only job and ability is to remind people of forum rules, try to keep topics on track and clean up threads and the like.

9. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

And to bring to us some Chris stream recaps, and you've been slacking flying creep!

10. Oracle Watcher

Oracle Watcher Avatar

Bzzt. I overheated, repairs took nearly 2 months.

I will re-initiate stream scans.

Astirian, Elwyn, kaeshiva and 10 others like this.
  11. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

All good I still love you!

But on topic, it is true that Catnip needs a dedicated Community Manager who can relay devs progress for them, things like dev captures of the maps they are working on, a "quickdive" into the new x system, a "what to expect for Release X". Just giving us some info on what the devs are working, to see every devs progress and not only List, Sannio and Chris (Scottie updates us himself but a more in depth view of projects he has while they are still in progress and not on the edge of release will make us have a lot more faith but also hype.

12. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

It's probably one of the most important positions.

Customer service is obvious, critical, and needs to be addressed.

Not so obvious is the power and draw of a game that has a dev who runs in game events (part of the same job IMO). I believe that a monthly, changing developer drive storyline holds more draw (particularly to this crowd) than just about anything else that the developers can do.

Almost to the point where if you said "New Features or Ongoing Story Events" you might be surprised how many chose the latter.

Violette Dyonisys likes this.
  13. GMDavros

GMDavros Avatar

content is King.

Violette Dyonisys likes this.
  14. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Perhaps, but it'll be quickly dethroned without public opinion on its side. It never matters how good something is, it matters how good people THINK it is.

Which is why customer service and communications/public relations is so important. I can't imagine any PR staffer wanting to take on the nightmare that turning SotA's public perception around would be, but they desperately need someone who can at least slow the damage. I don't know if Darkstarr writes the press releases or just posts them, but please, please, Catnip! Get someone pronto who know how to write a decent press release, even if it's only a freelancer a few hours a month.

Press releases are not just about putting information out to the public -- it's putting information out in a way that will result in it being positively received. And every press release I've seen from you guys in the past several months seems as if it was consciously designed to hurt rather than help. Like the Catnip acquisition one -- if THOSE were the best pull quotes you could come up with, no wonder everyone outside the current players (and no few of them) interpreted it as a knell of doom. And far more people are going to read your press releases than will ever watch a whole Twitch stream. Please, please use some of that saved money to hire a decent PR person.

AlmostGivenUp likes this.
  15. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

I think this is where cooperation with other smaller MMOs would benefit everyone. A shared support team.

Bedawyn likes this.
  16. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I say give them at least a few weeks to not do something before you complain that they aren't doing it. This reorganization has just now happened, and the financial savings from jettisoning a bunch of costly monthly BS overhead have only just begun. But yes, they badly need a dedicated CS and a CM.

Ragnarr Lodbrok and Jaesun like this.
  17. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

I noticed that too the day it was posted and thought, "Cool."

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  18. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

The key is to hire someone quickly to keep the positive momentum created by the change in leadership/ownership.

Need funds to do it? Another recent thread identifies what new mostly cosmetic things people will pay for and bring a new source of funds to Catnip.

Time for a bold statement of intent.

R/Boris/El Pirata/Black Sails Forever

19. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all
    I have great news to tell you about today. @Chris has released a summary of the path forward for Shroud of the Avatar and it includes a new Customer Support position! In Chris' post Read it here he said:
    I hope the other person is the Communication Person but I would also be happy if it was another DEV to help fix some of the issues. Either way Thank you Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.