SOTA International Convention 2019 - Austin, Texas (Oct. 10 - 13, 2019)

Discussion in 'Recurring Player Events' started by Duke Ezekiel Cooper, Oct 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke Ezekiel Cooper

Duke Ezekiel Cooper Avatar

Elwyn this was a great catch.
    Here is the information for everyone to get spun up to speed.

Unfortunately, Opal Divines Marina closed down in April, 2019
    Fortunately, when I did the search to add it as a map on the agenda, I added Opal Divines Austin Grill.

After some research, we discovered that Opal Divines Austin Grill is close to the Lone Star Riverboat that is chartered for the DEVS and the VIP's.

We discussed the fact that Opal Divines Marina was closed down and we decided to keep Opal Divines Austin Grill as the meet & greet location for 2 reasons:

#1: The location is in close proximity of the chartered cruise, and the DEVs, VIP's, Staff, and Attendees can mingle before the DEVs and VIPs depart at 5:45pm for the cruise.
    and
    #2: The meet & greet was such a great success last year, that most everybody stayed there WAY past the scheduled time just getting to know one another.
    So we wanted to stage an atmosphere were that was repeated again this year.

The appropriate changes are made to the agenda, and I would recommend that everyone consider traffic when they depart for Opal Divines Austin Grill from whatever location they have chose to have their hotel.

@DarkStarr & @Chris, please inform the members of your staff that intend on attending the Meet & Greet, Thursday evening at 5:00pm BEFORE the Riverboat Cruise at 6:00pm that same evening.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  2. Duke Ezekiel Cooper

*FINAL NOTICE*

There are 6 VIP tickets remaining that no longer appear on the ticket site, but may be purchased until midnight (CST), Wednesday, October 9, 2019.

Contact @Duke Ezekiel Cooper if your interested in securing a VIP ticket for this year's convention.

3. Waldo Ptolomy

Waldo Ptolomy Avatar

Enjoyed meeting everyone again this year. Thanks to Duke Ezekiel Cooper, Lazarus Long, and everyone else involved with the SOTACON.

Waldo Ptolomy

4. Duke Ezekiel Cooper

[​IMG]

Heading back to Casa de Cooper​

5. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

I LOVE This ****!

[​IMG]

6. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

Hi everyone,

I was only able to attend a very, very small portion of the SOTAICON event; I was there Saturday for part of a session, lunch, then dinner and dance party.

During that time, I learned @Duke Ezekiel Cooper stepped down as the lead planner for SOTAICON. He offered to anyone in the community to take this going forward.

I have volunteered to do this, if the community will have me.

I just posted a new thread about SotACon Austin 2020 and more leading up to it:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...eas-plans-and-coordination-starts-now.159505/

For New Britannia!!

7. Gravidy

Gravidy Avatar

This year was my first SotAICon, and it was fantastic. Thanks to everyone who put so much time and energy into making this event happen! Thanks to all the attendees for being so great to hang-out and chat with. And of course, thanks to the devs who spent their time with us (and toured us around their estate ;)).

Duke Ezekiel Cooper likes this.
  8. Duke Ezekiel Cooper

I just got back in my home office to officially give this notice to the community,
    and this post is just for the sake of no confusion in the community.

It has been my honor to serve the community for 5 successful conventions,
    (BMC Convention 2015 & 2016, SotACon Austin 2017 & 2018, SOTAICON 2019), in Austin, Texas.

I want to thank @Lord British, @DarkStarr, @Chris, and all the attending developers over the years, that have given their valuable time to keep the community informed and answering questions on the various panels.

The name that was given SOTAICON 2019, "The End of an Era" was appropriately named, not only because of the transition of Shroud of the Avatar's development to Catnip Games, but because I also had made the decision early in the year, that 2019 would be my last year to organize the convention in Austin.

As I told the audience at the convention this year, 5 years is enough.
    The time had come for me to step aside and make room for new leadership for the Austin, Texas convention.

I approached @Winfield at this year's convention, because in my mind, he is the obvious choice to lead the community and to take on the colossal responsibility of organizing this annual event.

I implore all members of the staff that I was the Event Manager of, to give their unwavering support to @Winfield as he takes on this leadership role.

As for the BMC, to which I return my full attention, I call upon all members... Start making plans... ;)
    Were going to Austin, Texas next year...

9. thradia

thradia Avatar

10. DGgnome

DGgnome Avatar

Everyone,

This year's SOTAICON as a VIP was simply phenomenal, I can assure you that I will be one of the first to put my name down again next year! The food was always good, the company cheerful, and the events were just the vacation I needed; trapping Chris on a boat with us was just the cherry on top :p.

Regards,
    Dirty Garden Gnome

11. Duke Ezekiel Cooper

UPDATE 12/3/2019

Attendees,

I wanted to give you guys an update on the cloaks and the pending dispersal...

I have received ALL of the attendee/non-attendee cloaks from Port, but have postponed sending them out to all of you because the deco colors and the wearable colors do not match.
    Put in other words... When the cloak is on your back, the correct colors emulate, when you hang them on the wall they are purple and black...

@Chris has been notified, and I'm keeping all the cloaks in one location in the game, (On my avatar), so I can personally verify that the cloaks have been corrected before I send them out to anyone.

I apologize for any inconvenience,
    Zeke

12. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

Cloak issue has been corrected, and should be published in the next Live build :)

13. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

Did you already mail these out? If so, some people haven't gotten them yet that should have.

14. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

Duke Ezekiel has the cloaks; The corrected cloak should be in game on the live server after the update tomorrow. I believe he will distribute them after that.

15. Duke Ezekiel Cooper

Cloaks will be mailed out in game soon. :)

16. Duke Ezekiel Cooper

UPDATE 12/26/2019

In Game Digital Cloaks Delivered.
    Check Your In Game Mail :)

-Zeke

CrandalltheFoole and Datendrache like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.