Immortal City For Sale

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alleine Dragonfyre, Oct 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

Hello,

Just 24 hours ago I was close to posting a sale ad for my account and Immortal City. For reasons, I was done. But now that @Chris has taken over business, I'm willing to give this another shot. Redditors are going to have a field day with me, but I believe in 2nd chances and I've never really cared what people think of me.

My radio show on Avatars Radio, The Beat of Novia, will be back on the air both over the air in-game and on Twitch within the next month. Honestly, my radio family, @Amber Raine and my Havoc guild family is the #1 reason I'm sticking around. That and the few other friends I've made, you know who you are <3

Thanks for stopping by.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  2. oplek

oplek Avatar

People keep telling me that its the same team and nothing has changed. I'm glad someone agrees with me that this isn't really the case.

3. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Glad to see you are staying, who else would I have to argue about RMT *winks*. I am a pirate after all. :)

4. Alleine Dragonfyre

Only time will tell.

5. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I'm always happy to see you stay always xo

FrostII, CatherineRose, K1000 and 3 others like this.
  6. Deathadder

Deathadder Avatar

I'm sticking around for awhile longer in hopes I see positive changes from both the game and the business side... If not c'est la vie... guess I will move along...

7. Alleine Dragonfyre

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  8. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

That, paired up with Vlad's Tax to trade heritage items suggestion kinda fits the bill on what I consider the best option!

9. Ragnarr Lodbrok

Ragnarr Lodbrok Avatar

I am a Happy Viking you are sticking around :) I saved my dance floor design. I never did have the Grand "opening" of my town. After I got word you wasn't going to be around I got pretty bummed out and said the heck with it! But I could not tear down the dance floor I designed and I designed it with a special small dedication for you. I worked a week on it. I hope WE can bring out and enjoy it :) Viking Style

10. Alleine Dragonfyre

[​IMG]

We'll do that grand opening! Music collection is due for some updates and Scandinavian tribal is AWESOME!!

11. Ragnarr Lodbrok

Ragnarr Lodbrok Avatar

Your Awesome Alle !!!!!!

12. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

That made me chuckle.
    That being said: @Alleine Dragonfyre Happy you are staying!

13. Rekih

Rekih Avatar

And then we wonder why those "outsiders" likes and enjoy talk about our forum dramas...

Sorry but I always had some issues understanding the need to make public these kind of announcements, only referring to the first comment, not the topic about your events.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  14. Hawkwind

Hawkwind Avatar

Glad to hear that you are staying, always enjoyed your radio show and talking about the good old days living in New York. =)

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  15. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

right! -but I think thier #1 problem is super small $$ supporter base who has most the stuff they are willing to pay for.

they need tons of new player who need/want the stuff we most likely already have.

16. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Not only what you said, they also need to create new things for the current player base to spend new money on and for the new players to be enticed.

If they depend on the current base to support them via subscription only and only retain a small portion of those coming aboard then the ship takes on water and eventually sinks. Of course if they attract several philanthropists that is another story.

R/Boris/Resident Pirate of House Serenite

17. Alleine Dragonfyre

I actually agree with this, however my quitting the game is more of a public issue than most. I'm a radio personality in the game, I'm also probably the most active social media poster about the game. So it was necessary because I was already the topic of discussion in other places and it needed to be said.

I had posted my own review of the game on Steam, and it got so much attention that I was asked to take it down. At first I thought that was unfair and I got mad, but then I found out that Chris had taken over and I felt that a second chance was warranted.

Rage Quit posts are annoying and usually attention-seeking, for sure. Quit posts that provide good constructive feedback, however, are valuable. My quit post came in the form of a review on a different platform, Steam. Those that needed to read it did. So I am satisfied with that.

Please don't try to squelch people's willingness to communicate the reasons why they're leaving the game. That information is invaluable. There is a difference.

18. Alleine Dragonfyre

Well I kind of agree with you on this, I do feel that bug fixing and completing existing systems in the game should be the number one priority. Let's build a strong foundation first. Staff should go through the existing bug lists from previous releases with a fine-tooth comb and get it done.

Once that's taken care of, sure develop new things. But all price points should be on par with other games that have cash shops. There is no other way that this game is going to get new players if they can't afford it to satisfactorily have what others do.

A good mix of rewarding people for playing the game with desirable loot as rewards for completing quests and adventuring and the cash shop for fancy stuff. Fancy stuff does not include house deeds. This entire game is centered around housing, it is not vanity. Vanity really should come in the form of fancy houses to put on those deeds.

And again, rmt should be brokered by the folks that own the assets, Portalarium. They need to make a commission and a finder's fee on every sale. That is the only auction house that should ever exist in this game. That should take care of any funds that they may lose by doing their bug fixing. In fact I think they'll make money hand over fist.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  19. Sketch_

Sketch_ Avatar

New players are always nice - although I doubt its really an outright design objective, or the game would have been made a lot differently. And as far as bickering like songbirds in the brush about what the devs should or shouldn't do isn't unwarranted - but really I don't think any of us as players have quite the understanding they would as to their strategy and motivations.

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  20. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Allie; I agree they need to keep the lights on and on your proposal. Bug fixing is paramount yet there is one thing I am dead sure will bring new players in, old players back and that is an "End Game". We need contested new areas for major battles with rewards. How many have worked hard to raise skills etc. only to use them to kill the next high level mob and then blah, it gets old. We need a spark of excitement that will make people say "Whoa there is some serious action going on over at Shroud. PVP, PVE like they did almost one year ago when Travian Games' Cerus created those big battles vs mobs unleashed in major cities. The Battle of Aerie was without a doubt the most exciting event hosted and it brought out many players who did PVE and many who did PVP. It united most of Novia for a couple of hours. That is what we also need and soon. Lets give this game an IV of pure adrenaline. R/Boris/El Pirata/Rsident Pirate of House Serenite.

Crendel, Bow Vale, FrostII and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.