@chris the rewards program

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brass Knuckles, Oct 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

@Chris you have a problem with the rewards program I mentioned this to starr a while ago and I’m pretty sure it was ignored.

from a cotos stand point yes you get the best rate, the obsidian potions help they dyes are meh and the titles blow who cares for a title that says keep of the what ever it is this month. The rewards benifit the new players better than someone who has been on it from day one. I’m at the point where there is NOTHING I’m interested in receiving.

why I mention this is uo had a awesome rewards/sub program that motivated tenure.

after a year I’d get a cloak that was cool after three years I’d get a ethereal mount you could drop in ur bag and never lose etc. people loved these Real rewards that impacted their game play. By the time they had 3 years in the program the rewards became worth subbing for all by them selves. Every year on your anniversary date U knew you were unlocking something awesome.

you need rewards that rewards tenure and longevity in the program.

Witcheypoo, smack, Voild and 11 others like this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well I like the dyes too. ;) They are very sell-able as well. I do agree we need a bit more to the rewards program as well.

3. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

The dyes u can get many diffrent ways the uo rewards u got for tenure only.

they are ok but no one is going to subscribe for year for dyes they can get off half the vendors in the game for 1500 igg

Witcheypoo likes this.
  4. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

cloaks, pets, weapons, armor setups, tax credit voucher , heraldry voucher, etc would also be a good way to add value to higher levels of subscriptions.

imagine how much someone would pay to get one piece of "keepers" armor set every 2 months.

5. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Right and to be honest if they where really good I’d have to have a few more accounts ;)

with a huge annual rewards even with multiple accounts they’d be very rare.

6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I do know someone anxiously waiting for the aether dye tub reward so I say don't cut that out whatever other ideas you have is fine. ;)

Witcheypoo and Brass Knuckles like this.
  7. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

Well I am in it for the cotos, the deco, and the game support. Some of that stuff sounds okay, but I have no real complaint with what we have now.. just more of it would be nice at a higher level.

8. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

im not suggesting ending what’s running now but adding a yearly big useful reward I’m fine if it’s BoA I’ve no issue there. Right now I don’t need anything that’s coming via subscription but I’d hang out for some epic item that is improves year over year on my anniversary date (sub anniversary date) reward me for the time I spent subbing.

Id be ok with a higher tier sub program esp if it offer the same tenure reward. If not ur getting in to the whole paywall problem we had before.

1. keeper of the what ever, have a ton of them don’t care
    2. Dyes Have a ton can get them easily don’t care
    3. Cotos has some value but I’m at the point they arnt very important I have all I want.
    4. Obi potions I use them there cool but I’m not sitting around saying 1 more year and I’ll get blah blah.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    Witcheypoo and majoria70 like this.
  9. Oakenhammer

Oakenhammer Avatar

You left off the ~3 exclusive monthly reward items that you also receive for being apart of the Rewards Program. At the end of a year, you'll have ~36+ exclusive items that show off your status and tenure in the game, which is a lot more than UO's veteran reward program.

Girlsname and Violette Dyonisys like this.
  10. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

right I left off that stuff that does not reward tenure in anyway as you can toggle on a off your account sub based on the rewards coming out those are cool but do not reward people for longevity in the program in anyway.

this post is about rewarding people for long term investments in to the sub program I think uo did an amazing job of that. Yes portal gives out more junk and some of them are cool but there is no incentive to sub for 5 years vrs for picking and choosing when to sub based on the month rewards.

the only longevity reward is a new keeper of the variant.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  11. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

I said it many times on forum, XP grinding state in SOTA should be changed especially for novice players. New and casual players should explore and have fun not grinding. But I understand its a long way.
    One of the steps could be if you participate in rewards program, you gain 500k XP for login per day. Pay to win? - NO NO and NO, you can easily make 15kk XP in Upper tears in a day instead of each day login during the month by rewards program.
    P.S. Also it should be multiplicated with raising XP quest rewards ten-twenty times or more, it would not be a problem since most quests could be accomplished only once.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  12. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I'm sorry but 500k exp per day for logging in if you are part of the program would have EVERYONE who looks at it screaming P2W, even if you can get more by playing. The simple fact that by paying I can get 14- 15.5M exp by paying is clearly a P2W feature.

As for this, I am wondering, did those longevity rewards get announced before hand? If you start playing UO now you know you have that milestone to work for, but did you guys know after 2-3 months of playing it that you were gonna get something after your first year?

I'll agree I very much like the idea of benefitting those who have stayed subbed for x months in a row, heck I would LOVE a soul stone for my specs, but I'm wondering if it is something that is technically missing or just some step we havent reached yet, I mean has it been 1 year since we started subbing?

Witcheypoo, Girlsname, Jaesun and 2 others like this.
  13. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

Yes, okay I can agree having something that grows with time subbed is a nice perk. I just don't want to lose the stuff I get now. I have a ton of stuff, but I always see something new I want or need more of X for this or that deco project.

Sulaene Moon likes this.
  14. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

yea it’s u sub and at 1 year u get this two year you get this, and these are not junk rewards I know people who quit but kept subbing to get these rewards Incase they came back some day.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  15. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Love these ideas ..hope @Chris reads and implements a similar system.

Witcheypoo and Synergy Blaize like this.
  16. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I’m not sure where ur getting the vibe anyone is asking for anything to be removed or changed, it’s simply to add a mechanic to reward people who sub for a longer time via a single annual reward that will scale based on how many years they support the project.
    Your talking about them making one extra cool item each year and reward these people with it.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  17. CICI

CICI Avatar

I sub for the titles =)

Jaesun and Brass Knuckles like this.
  18. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

ok sota mike ;) I’ve got like 40 of them...

how many do you want to buy?

19. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Very true I kept a couple subscriptions running for about 4 years because of this. It also kept me coming back off and on to play.

20. CICI

CICI Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.