For those trying to contact VLPC about seedinvest - a question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Forum Name, Oct 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forum Name

Forum Name Avatar

@devilcult , please stop whatever you are doing in this thread.

The point as I have stated many times, is not to publicly discuss the actual details. The point is to find out if the attorney Port pointed us to is actually responding to anyone. That’s it, please do not hijack the thread.

2. Forum Name

Forum Name Avatar

I don’t know everyone who has reached out, so no, but thank you for your feedback.

If this thread is not of interest to you, you are under no obligation to check it and respond.

3. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

They never said they wouldn't answer, they forwarded us to the person who would. There's a good reason for that. We're talking to each other because it's a waste of their (lawyer's) time for us all to send letters, and this is the most convenient way to organize.

Yes, I believe that limiting the number of people mailing them will get a answer faster.
    I'm not sure I understand your question, or it's relevance.

What you do is your business. If you don't like the discussion some of us are having, you're free to not participate in it.

arcdevil, Rinaldi, Sentinel2 and 3 others like this.
  4. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

Yes, and we've directed questions. I didn't sign an NDA saying I won't discuss it publicly. If you don't want to read our discussion of it, feel free not to.

arcdevil, Rinaldi, Sentinel2 and 3 others like this.
  5. Forum Name

Forum Name Avatar

If you happen to have a list of the 300+ seedinvestors, that might be possible. But you don’t, so what you request is not possible.

So the only way I can coordinate and understand if anyone is receiving information is here. For the what, eighth time, no specifics are meant to be in this thread, so you should stop worrying about whatever it is you are so worried about. Please.

6. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

And if anyone else would like to hear what was said.

The video is queued at 43 mins.... watch to 48 mins

Laz

7. eli

eli Avatar

IANAL and have absolutely no insight or knowledge about this deal, but having gone through an aquisition, your shares were probably converted, probably for pennies on the dollar. It's called dillution and is standard practice to invent new shares and types of shares to finance an acquisition. Small shareholders in private companies get no say.

8. Oracle Watcher

Oracle Watcher Avatar

Bzzt! Topic heat detected. Remember to avoid direct attacks on individuals and groups.

Thanks!

9. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Xandra7, arcdevil and FinallyGivenUp like this.
  10. Deathadder

Deathadder Avatar

Unfortunately, LLC's can't offer stock. The series B shares us investor's have still sit with the issuing company which was Portalarium. There can be no dilution or transfer.

All I am looking for is an answer as to what the plan is. This should have been addressed prior to the sale of assets to Catnip.

And yes, I want to the game and Catnip to succeed, but I do not want this to be treated like this is a minor issue... this not about ingame issues... the is real world investments and the communication that is needed around it.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  11. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all
    Here is my non-lawyer lawyer talk. I invested in SeedInvest and read the prospectus. When you invested in SeedInvest you invested in Port not shroud of the avatar. Those shares were non-trade shares with the hope of being tradable as port value increased. So far they are still not tradeable. I do not know the specifics of the sale of SotA to Catnip Games but if according to Atos that if Sota does well Port does well must mean that Port still has a vested interest in SotA or in Catnip Games.

So my concern and questions to VLPC is what is my stock worth now (I can figure what my initial cost was by dividing the money I invested by the number of shares I received) How is it impacted by the "sale" of Port's only asset, and what is the timetable to being able to trade my shares. I am really not sure if this question needs to be asked of VLPC or of SeedInvest. VLPC is the lawyers that approved to transaction but SeedInvest is the holder of the shares and SEC adviser of the sale of the shares to us. If you invested with SeedInvest you have an account with them. Log into your account here https://www.seedinvest.com/ and at the bottom of the page is a Chat Bubble. Ask for guidance there. I will next week and let you know what I hear.

12. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings devilcult
    I believe what is being asked here is meant to be private. It is not hidden from non investors but you chose to include yourself in this. If you are not an investor i ask why you are even participating in this discussion of a specific topic. If you are an investor and want to contribute to the discussion why try to say it is not worth the discussion? We want to know something about the money we investor and have not gotten anything since we did invest and not that Port has sold their main asset where does that leave us and who should we talk to. If you know the answer please let us know and thank you.

Also the OP was actually asking the investors that have tried to contact VLPC the question. No body was asking this question of Port originally so your assumption of us trying to harm the game was wrong from the start.

13. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

@Chris I just received a message from SeedInvest. Christopher was my contact he said that thier understanding is portal is out of business and he goes on saying they have been trying to contact you all and are unable to reach anyone at Portalarium.

I have a screen shot of my conversation from 10 minutes ago if you need it.

14. Forum Name

Forum Name Avatar

Since you have mentioned it, I can confirm receiving the same. Would be great if @Chris would check that out and reach out to Seedinvest, as Port is obviously not out of business but wires are crossed somewhere.

Not to put to fine a point on it, but this is the stuff that generated the first post to see what everyone else is getting back, because this one just has that funky bad communication vibe to it. Hard to understand that key partners like seedinvest may have no idea about the sale at this point. At least I am not alone in it!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    Cordelayne, arcdevil, Rentier and 3 others like this.
  15. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Add Catnip and Obsidian Chips to make the most powerful armor and weapons!

FinallyGivenUp likes this.
  16. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

In his response to me he said they are frustrated with the situation as well so crossed wires I agree.

Diab Blackbow and arcdevil like this.
  17. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings Brass Knuckles
    Could the inability of contacting Port be due to them closing offices and having everyone work from home? I am sure Port is not out of business, it is Richard's company and has value to him even if it is just to sell it. I still say the deal with Catnip has a vested interest to Port. It would be foolish to sell all of it when there is even a small chance it will make money. I would love it if you would email me the transcript if you could. After personal data has been redacted. email is bpatrickinga@gmail.com.

Thanks

18. Forum Name

Forum Name Avatar

They listed Chris' email...

19. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

They did list Chris’s info and suggested I contact him

20. smack

smack Avatar

Portalarium has a Kickstarter. Takes money on that platform. Later ignores any contact on that platform.
    Portalarium has a SeedInvest. Takes money on that platform. Later ignores any contact on that platform.

Hmmm...I can't put my finger on it, but there's something there...some sort of pattern...I wonder what it could be...

Seriously, WTF is wrong with Portalarium that they are ignoring SeedInvest inquiries? I can see how KS Creators ignore user comments there, as many failed projects do this (not to excuse this behavior...), but to ignore direct inquiries from SeedInvest?

In any case, if Portalarium is still in business, and what Richard said in the video was true (Chris also said this on his stream), then Portalarium as a company is a member of the Catnip LLC. There's nothing to prohibit not just people, but companies, being members. So if Catnip is profitable, Portalarium, as a member, can also gain from that profit. Portalarium can then decide how to divvy up its share of the profit as dividends to its individual shareholders or something similar. SWAG. IANAL. DLMB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.