For those trying to contact VLPC about seedinvest - a question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Forum Name, Oct 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Floors

Floors Avatar

Lessons learned in 2010s: Don't rely on platforms like Kickstarter and SeedInvest to do anything for you.

Caveat Emptor.

arcdevil, K1000 and Sulaene Moon like this.
  2. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

I think @Brass Knuckles @FinallyGivenUp and others are finding out who all is affected by this and obtaining who has heard back from the attorneys. All other side comments, conversations, and speculations about the status of Port should be kept off their discussion thread.

arcdevil and Rentier like this.
  3. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I’m simply just passing info SeedInvest people would like to hear from catnip people ;)

4. CICI

CICI Avatar

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  5. smack

smack Avatar

6. Copperhead2

Copperhead2 Avatar

Unfortunately, I am afraid where this is going. As @smack summed it up, what is wrong here (more nice way of putting it).. @Chris you should really address this... there is no legal reason why you can not at this point... if you are no longer a employee of port and your LLC owns the assets as you have stated, please inform us what the plan is?

Community wise, this can blow up in the face of the game and the original founding members. Trust me, you think Reddit can be harsh, if this goes sideways, I am afraid you will see your long term backers step away.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    arcdevil likes this.
  7. CICI

CICI Avatar

8. smack

smack Avatar

It doesn't need to be all doom and gloom. I think the intent of this thread is just to inform interested members of communication activity (not necessarily the contents of that communication) with VLPC and/or SeedInvest.

I'm sure those interested folks who have contacted VLPC will hear from them in due time. And maybe it'll be good, maybe it'll be bad or some combination thereof. Everything else is speculation and I don't think Chris would be responding here as he has VLPC to do that.

All that said, I don't think there's anything stopping him from confirming if Portalarium is a member. I mean, that is a matter of public record anyways and anyone who wants to spend $1 to get this information can do so here. But I'm sure his lawyers are telling him to be safe and not say anything until they've had a chance to make a formal statement.

9. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

personally I assume the SeedInvest is lost, the thing I thought was weird is when I contacted them they said via text that they have portal as out of business and they have made multiple attempts to get in touch with them. They provided contact information then said they are frustrated as well.

totally sounds like crossed wires after listening to cat nips take on it.

Maybe a simple phone call would sort this out.

arcdevil likes this.
  10. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

Did you get your gold plated knickknacks? That's the limit as to what you were ever promised out of the SeedInvest. The documentation made it clear that they never intended to pay dividends and if the company was sold RG and DS would get paid before any money was handed out to SeedInvest shareholders. It was just another Kickstarter, only the donors footed the tax bill not Port.

11. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Obviously you did not read the thread, I don’t care about the seed invest money if I lost it I lost it , what I’m wonder about is catnip says all is the same and SeedInvest says other wise. As someone who invested I’d like to know the actual status. Do I still have shares or are they gone. Either way I’m ok with it though I’d like to know what it really is.

is that to much too ask for?

Cordelayne likes this.
  12. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Honestly for the most part this is just a healthy discussion, there no reason to try and push this into a rage feast.

13. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

I dont mind you guys talk about it or whatever, but those that give too much details and denigrate the company at the same time with false statement and presumption just because they cant be patient enough to get an anwser, thats tickling me a bit. Not only new players claim out loud that the negativity of this forum is a really bad view of the game, but when it imply lawyer, shares, and deep information like this, you can understand no one want to get implicated in this (except those that actually are implyed in it).

Everyone is free of speech, but please just do it in respect of others. We're all grown up and mature and i'm pretty sure everyone know the degrees of this kind of conversation is in the eyes of the everybody.

In respect for the OP and to not get this thread locked because i know its going to come back again if it does, i removed my other posts.

Thanks for understanding guys.

Floors and Brass Knuckles like this.
  14. ephialtes

ephialtes Avatar

Based on Tazar_ODE's chat comment in Wednesday stream with Atos T Bailey doesn't seem to be on top of things:

15. Deathadder

Deathadder Avatar

I sent the lawyer an email earlier asking for status... his response was and I quote "
    Same answer, different day but working on it"... as for the original answer , he doesn't know and waiting on Seedvest.... so I am getting a different answer.

16. Oracle Watcher

Oracle Watcher Avatar

Thread cleanup initiated. Bzzzt.

17. oplek

oplek Avatar

It does make sense that they'd get a list of investors before babbling to random people on the interwebs.

arcdevil likes this.
  18. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

well keep in mind I had to log into my SeedInvest account to chat with them, so they could see easily I am a client of theirs.

they are Portalarium shares but SeedInvest is the company holding the on behalf of portal and me as a investor.

19. oplek

oplek Avatar

Sorry, I meant the VLCP people.

20. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Thanks for this intel, BK!

Did they mention when Portalarium filed for bankruptcy?

The multiple attempts at communication by SeedInvest connotes that it might have happened awhile ago and we wouldn't want folks to speculate on this point. I think we can all agree that facts matter.

arcdevil likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.