Looks like Gold and Silver scraps are coming...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Astirian, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Astirian

Astirian Avatar

... And I just blew through my forever stack of 389 gold ore.

[​IMG]

Witcheypoo, amarious and Girlsname like this.
  2. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

I wonder where we will get it from? Breaking down player crafted jewellery items? Items that are masterworked or enchanted using silver and gold or actual dropped scrap?

To my knowledge there aren't any silver and gold items out 'in the wild' (vases'?plates, jewellery, etc).

Xee and Astirian like this.
  3. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

Shock Monkey makes sense....

Astirian and Spinok like this.
  4. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

From salvaging Enchanted/MW'd items would be somewhat cool!

Witcheypoo, Xee, Elwyn and 2 others like this.
  5. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

Silver and gold scraps should be a salvage material from Enchanted and Masterworked gear along with the metal scraps. Now all the Player Loot from NPC's dropped on mobs can have more meaning. Add in NPC's giving more money based on the number of Enchants/MW on an item and we got ourselves a system.

Floors, Elwyn, Alley Oop and 3 others like this.
  6. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Crafters will sell junk pieces to vendors for as much recoup as possible, players will get loot, scrap it, and then sell the gold/silver scraps to crafters. I think there needs to be a system to reduce the sell to vendor price to avoid multiple reselling, maybe 50% less value if you arent the crafter or something (to promote salvaging instead of selling again).

Aartemis likes this.
  7. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

I kind of like the idea of using the Crafter Tag to allow a more lucrative sale. ;)

8. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Yeah mechanic creatures(except dragon) has very bad loot table, hope Devs add scraps to it.

Astirian likes this.
  9. GMDavros

GMDavros Avatar

i like that idea. Give me a reason to go on a monkey killing rampage. (never liked those stupid shock monkeys...)

Fenris

10. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

And gold an silver goblets? (Not serious, they are lootable and we want them to still be available)

Regarding gear sale loop, yes, first gear price should be higher based on the quality (MW's + Enchants + Material Tier) minus durability loss, then further resales should plumet in value as usually their durability is drastically reduced.

11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I’m very very curious where these will be found from......

12. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

I'm sure they will put it somewhere sensible.

Like having a metal slime having a 10% chance to drop 1-2 but we will only need 12 to make 1 ingot so it will be well worth the time.

Witcheypoo and Spoon like this.
  13. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I’m hoping it isn’t just accessible to certain people...

nonaware likes this.
  14. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Scrapping Keys for silver and gold would be cool. It would give me a reason to address the huge stack of duplicates I carry around for no good reason.

15. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

I think silver and gold scraps should come from salvaging items that have used gold or silver ingots to produce them. That include masterwork and enchants. They should also be found in the casks, chest and corpses out there from time to time.

There are to many trash/failed (means not perfect) master-worked and enchanted items out there, either on player vendors or in the loot tables. The game is over-saturated with such items and there need to be a way to stop/reduce this. In the past when a masterwork or enchant failed, the item was destroyed and may left 12 metal scraps behind. Not the best solution but it helps to reduce the amount of non-perfect items in game. Instead of re-introduce this there should be a reason that people destroy such items on their own by salvaging them. On salvaging items should also give back components including silver or gold ingots. Mostly items should give scraps (wood, metal, gold, silver), but sometimes the blade, handle, head, ingots, .... At the end salvaging items (and with this removing them from game) should be of more value then add them to the loot table or sell them on player vendors far below production price.
    Player crafted items found in loot currently have a low durability a second sell to a npc is not of much value but gives someone more then destroying or salvaging them. Also in this case salvaging dropped player crafted items should be of higher value then selling them to a npc. Except the item is useful for the one who got it dropped. Then use the item should be of higher value.
    That silver and gold scraps maybe found in the casks, chests or corpse out there in the wild may help beginners in saving some silver or gold ore.

I think silver and gold scraps shouldn't be farm-able (monkey room, ...) this does not help to reduce "non-perferct" items in game, it would result in the opposite.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    Xandra7 and Astirian like this.
  16. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Isn’t that how it already works?
    If I sell a 100% durability item the loot table get a damaged one, usually like roughly 60% durability. Then when you do that again, the current decrease again as a end of 60% of current, etc. which decrease the sell value.

At least that is what I thought was happening, could be wrong.

Bedawyn, Tiina Onir and Alley Oop like this.
  17. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I agree it should be from breaking down player crafted items that have mw / enchants on them. This would also help a lot with the crap gear to help recoup input costs.

The downside I see is that currently all my low dur failed gear I thrown to the npc vendors to put it out into the loot tables.. this would break that part of the game as I could see crafters no longer doing that.

18. Oakenhammer

Oakenhammer Avatar

It would also be nice if some silver and gold scraps could be found while mining (meticulous collection?).

Elrond, Spoon and Girlsname like this.
  19. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

Hate to burst everyone's bubble, but Darstarr and I go to the same hair dresser and I overheard him saying that the plan is for gold and silver scrap to ONLY be used for making player made disco balls and possibly for some type of fishing lure. The only way to get it, is to shuck oysters at night in the new oyster room in despair and they will be a super rare drop ( comparable to spider silk belt ) OR you can buy heritage silver scrap from the crown store.

20. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

From the early release notes:

• Gold and Silver Scrap Salvage: Gold and Silver Scraps can now be obtained when salvaging Gold and Silver Items, most notably crafted rings and amulets and jewelry caught while fishing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.