MassivelyOP Postcast and SOTA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by oplek, Oct 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Talk is about overall sum not about the exact amount of gold drops. For example, if you grind Dragon and it drops Lich ring, its far more then 100k per hour. The artifact system made some good things to the economy, artifacts are not a trash now and cost good amount of money on the market. Same with bundles and rare boss drops like dragon neck, phoenix talon and etc, with new ore and ingots price Clockwork dragon is good too, even mining becomes more profitable. For example even gathering in Verdantis give 40-50k igg per hour in market price due to high price for wood, bark, resin and for sure BC/crafting XP. And to gather in verdantis I need just 80 level archer.
    P.S. And a good thing here that you cant grind all in one, you will need to make a purchase on market to obtain high-end stuff. The new artifact system promotes player/player interaction a LOT.

2. Rekih

Rekih Avatar

Ok, let's see. None of those methods guarantees you a constant 100k/h. The artis and random drops are just..luck. You can make 200k in 5min killing a cabalist or make less than 20k/h if you don't get any good drops.

We have been playing for a long time and 100k/h is not even close to something real. Even 40-50k/h is not possible for most of the players in this game and thats half amount compared to 100k.

It's good to talk about what we would like to see in this game, but plz, we need try to not put here unreal numbers, basically to avoid confusing new players.

Numa, Spoon, Astirian and 2 others like this.
  3. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Sorry but I don't see the need of recording 10 hours of grinding to show you that making 1kk in 10 hours is possible, I didn't write exactly way in my comment I thought that player who play a lot will understand what I`m talking about.
    Ok: I think that in 10 hour grind marathon I will get Spider silk belt, it market price near 1kk ? ; Clockwork dragon drops from ~12 to 28 ingots(never saw lower amount buy few times saw higher but ok lets put 12-28) gold+silver with 8-10 dragons per hour (I killed 80 in 10 hours but I heard even higher rates) and with current average ingot market price (based on Robyn Hood vendor) - 33k per 100(silver is higher gold is lower but average is somewhere here) you get from 53 to 66k per hour only from ingots, + arts + gold+ gems + head.
    Is it possible ? - YES. Is it hard ? - YES. But its not an impossible.

P.S. Try to not use word "unreal" if you cant do it ;)
    P.S.S. Since some mobs has a respawn. You can even double this rate if you are multiboxing and has very high level and gear characters. If you can play solo by two characters or more it is still solo.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You're talking about gold that already exists. There's a big difference between that and being able to actually farm 100k per hour.

5. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

If there is a market for what you are grinding, I dont see the difference. More if you farm for more then some amount of "Pure" gold you will get autoban by game and would write Chris for unban you :D Proved by old Lost Vale by many players.

6. GMDavros

GMDavros Avatar

Agree with you Rekih. I'd love to know how/where that could be done.

Fenris

Cordelayne, Rekih and Sulaene Moon like this.
  7. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

So, your evaluation misses the fact that SOTA is not just a sandbox MMORPG (like say Conan Exiles or whatever). It's heavily built around story, which is told via questing, etc. So (a), (b), and (c) are really not optional as far as trying to sell the game to players, particularly those familiar with Ultima and UO. They are core to what this game is supposed to be.

d) See my signature on my issues with the crafting system

e) My issues with agriculture are beyond the NPC bit (although I agree, it creates a "hard cap" on the max you can sell items for that's annoying). My issues around it are well documented in other posts (I should track those down and add them to my signature too...). Generally I have various issues with the way it's implemented (The watering cycles, for example, are utterly insane).

arcdevil, Xandra7, Astirian and 2 others like this.
  8. Rekih

Rekih Avatar

As you can see, nobody believes what you said. Next time if you want be trusted, show real proofs. Until then, you are just typing unreal numbers from your imagination ;)

Exactly. He is unable to see that, the extra time you need to sell those expensive items, and not always you can get what you want, so the price is not fixed, depends entirely on others and the market.

Cordelayne likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.