I am wondering how many SOTA players are Extra Life supporters and...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vulcanjedi, Oct 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

Are there any Extra Life related Guilds in the game?

I am a member of the Philadelphia Extra Life Guild and one of a few hundred thousand people who play games to help sick kids. In the past 3 years I have met the most awesome gamers on the planet.

I would love to see SOTA and Extra Life connected somehow a little more than my Extra Life Logo Heraldry.

Would like to hear from other Extra Lifers.

Thanks
    vulcanjedi

Gravidy, Rada Torment and Thumperator like this.
  2. VesperMadeMeChangeIt

VesperMadeMeChangeIt Avatar

Well you know Phamyns does it. :)

vulcanjedi likes this.
  3. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

I tried but I think Extra Life is centered on US. I guess thats why nobody asked me about Extra Life and how to help through my channel. Living in Europe I did not find anything similar for my country (Spain). I think most of my viewers are not familiar with these communities.

4. Gravidy

Gravidy Avatar

As a Lord of the Rings Online player, I typically support the streamers on their team. I was part of the team last year (and raised around $1300 myself), but things got busy this year so I'm not streaming (just giving :D). (in fact, lotrostream is doing their big fundraising stream as I type this.)

It would be cool to get some "official" support from Catnip. In-game items could be given to anyone who donates at a certain level. The struggle is that it takes a bit of work to match donations to game account.

It is US and Canada based. It specifically raises money for Children's Hospitals (and each streamer gets to pick a hospital).

Rada Torment and vulcanjedi like this.
  5. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

The supported CMN hospitals are in the USA and Canada. I do know people that have moved outside of north america that still support a hospital they have a connection with.

Thanks for the reply :)

Rada Torment likes this.
  6. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

Yes and Phamyns is well connected I was going to ask him directly after seeing what info I can get here.

Thanks Tai :) you are awesome as always.

7. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

This is my 3rd year with extra life and I really don't stream much. I have only had 4 donations from stream viewers in all this time. I have a large network of old co-workers that goes back 25 years so that and friends make up the majority of my donations.

I do stream just to be part of the community and it is just like the SOTA streamers, all one big family supporting each other. That's why I think SOTA and extra life would be a great fit.

thanks
    vulcanjedi

Gravidy likes this.
  8. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Most of the people always ask where goes that money, I'm sure they would love to help childrens in our hospitals, they feel more like close to them I guess. Hopefuly in the future we will see more communities like this in other countries. I'll keep my eyes close to this because its something I want to do in the future (my channel is small for now).

Thank you for the info.

Jaesun, vulcanjedi and Gravidy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.