Tired of all the talk of how the negative is only from outside the community

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Drilikath, Oct 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

In the 3 last years i played this game i saw alot of issue of backers not agreeing to let something happen like having pvp because it was a single player game as a base and stuff like that. The list is long, and the numbers of issues related to the kickstarter rules are really huge and is what make a difference i think. Thats why i said this, i think its all related. If i was free to make the game i want and cool things i want without having a bunch of judge around me trying to get things right like it was wrote on paper i wouldnt lose all my time fixing stuff etc... Thats what i meant.

Floors likes this.
  2. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Key word: was

You can't even rent an appartment in any cool town, everything cost a fuckton. About same thing happening here, soltown and most major town are filled with deeds from backers that have eternal assurance on it.

3. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

The issues I listed are basic gameplay problems that have been largely ignored. Chris can blame negative media or whatever else he likes, but the fact is, these issues exist and have been reported endlessly as bug reports as well as feedback reports, and those have been ignored. Until the basic issues underlying the game are fixed, I see no chance for change in the population trajectory. I.e., the new stuff they're proposing sounds exciting, but not if the current problematic unfinished systems continue to exist in game that prevent people from enjoying them. As others have noted, few new players make it past the outskirts because of these unfinished systems. When the game was not in "release" mode, I was far more forgiving, assuming they'd get fixed before they actually decided to release. But that wasn't the case, and the game has paid for it and continues to pay for it.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
    Cordelayne, MrBlight, marthos and 4 others like this.
  4. Geaux

Geaux Avatar

Too funny

King Robert likes this.
  5. Floors

Floors Avatar

Pretty sure the constant negativity, whining, backbiting, hand-wringing, trolling, and other despicable stuff also does NOTHING to help bring in and retain players either.

Curse2 likes this.
  6. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

That's the pot calling the kettle black

7. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Indeed, the purpose of this entire thread.

8. Gyzarus

Gyzarus Avatar

Alphaine Smashes!!! Wait.. I am building...*back to Hammer and Chisel*

Curse2, Astirian and Drilikath like this.
  9. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

Not the purpose. Purpose was to fix the issue and move on from the past, own the mistakes and move on. Nothing more. But tossing blame to the people they alienated and screwed out of rewards/items etc, Is the PR nightmare they caused. No one else. Trolls are always going to troll. But if they keep adding fuel to the fire, they are no better, Period.

10. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

Less smash, More build!

Astirian likes this.
  11. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

I'm sorry once again, I will not sit back and Listen/Read from @Chris that the trolls, headlines, aggravation etc is from outside this community. We have a huge fight going on right here right now, with a divided community. So many people getting banned, post deleted, threads locked. For so long anytime anything was posted negative it was removed. Sorry that the game is in a state of change and a lot of people do not like it and do not want to sit and ride this ride anymore.

12. marthos

marthos Avatar

And the outskirts are far better than most of the other adventure scenes. A central quest hub, several quests, lots of monster variety etc. When players do get out of the outskirts and jump into tiny adventure scenes with no quest hub, no quests, and two or three types of monsters, they feel lost and confused. The players jump into the next adventure scene, same thing.

There is an intimidating amount of work that would need to be done to attract the WoW/ESO or general gaming community here. I honestly don't think that it's even worth trying as most systems would need major overhauls, might as well just make a new game from scratch. I think the game is better served catering to the loyal player base that is has now. Fill in the niche for players that like house/town/dungeon decorating with a little sprinkle of questing/combat/crafting thrown in.

Floors and Drilikath like this.
  13. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I don't really see this going on. Take a hard look back at this thread. Are you sure its not you creating the drama?

Curse2, devilcult and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  14. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

I didnt write this

That false negative image the game has outside our community is the biggest dragon we have to slay to expand our user base. I'm working on lots of promotion options to get us in front of more users but I'm always open to ideas on ways to promote things and get word out on the game.

@Chris did.

15. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

This thread is filled with people from all levels of gameplay here. Pre Kick starters, Big Spenders, new Players, Players who quit, players who quit and returned, Banned players, THIS COMMUNITY is all here weighing in on this. But it all is coming back that I started drama, NO sir, Port/Catnip @Chris caused all of this. Broken game, and lies....

16. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

*** Qas-Exim-Hex ***

17. Ragnarr Lodbrok

Ragnarr Lodbrok Avatar

In a public forum everyone is entitled to their opinion, the old saying everyone has a opinion just like they have a ace hole. It would be a dull day if everyone thought the same and acted the same lol. I do not believe your a POS. I believe your a player with your own thoughts and ideas. Just like the ones whom disagree or question your thread. We all are given a shot at SoTA no one controls our keyboards. They are lots of folks that enjoy this game. And there are lots of folks whom don't. I do get tired of reading negative post over the game. I feel if you don't like it, then don't play it. Its your choice. If your here making post good or bad then you have some kind of a attachment to the game. For some its Lord British, Darkstarr or just graphics of the game... whatever it may be its going to be hard to find three people with the same ideas and thought process about the game. I do wager to your concerns, but I realize I really have no control of this game. A LOT OF PEOPLE think they do, when they don't. I "rub elbows" with some of the biggest backers of the game at times, but I view that as a respectful action to someone who cares tremendously about SoTA. Some people take that and run a mile with it. Some people contribute insane amounts of money into the game thinking THEY can change the world! I am sure my comment here will be separated and quoted and questioned and that's great! THAT shows people do care! Either in a positive way or a negative way :)

Curse2, Sean Silverfoot and Floors like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.