What's wrong with this game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pavlitto, Oct 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sketch_

Sketch_ Avatar

How much gold do you think they should offer? Or what would you consider appropriate loot for this monster?

Sean Silverfoot and Sol Stormlin like this.
  2. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

According to Darkstarr's Release 70 Instructions "The rest of 2019 will continue to be an amazing year for Shroud of the Avatar players! More loot improvements, better boss fights and more."

So it looks like you were too early, you'll have to wait until The rest of 2019 before you see a change. Hold your breath it's going to be an amazing year!

3. Pavlitto

Pavlitto Avatar

definitely more than normal dragons
    and not necessarily money, mb some decor, mb some craft mats... anything valuable, useful
    I'm old enough... I don't believe in Santa Claus, and in promises of a good future :)

4. Pavlitto

Pavlitto Avatar

I still await the promises changes for PVP... already a year waiting for...

eli, Antrax Artek, amarious and 4 others like this.
  5. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Yep that is one of the main reason I quit playing.

6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i remember this too. in fact, i remember him saying it was guaranteed to have an artifact. not necessarily a great one, but one every dragon.

...in which case, this is a bug.

7. CarlNZ

CarlNZ Avatar

They need to do what warcraft and others do, chance for much better loot, but it only drops on the first kill of the week. This stops people farming things over and over again and let's you put better loot into the game without flooding it. Make the top tier equipment loot drops non tradeable as well, then getting it actually means something and it becomes a part of the game that can't be bypassed if you're looking for an upgrade.

8. oplek

oplek Avatar

This is what I'd expect for the top-level boss-type enemy of the game,
    1. 500k+ experience
    2. 50000g-100000g
    3. 1 guaranteed top-level artifact
    4. A dozen or so of a high-value crafting component
    5. 1-3 recipes
    6. 1-3 obsidian potions
    7. And maybe a half-dozen of misc
    And this wouldn't be split among the party. Everyone involved would get the above. There should be more barriers in even fighting these things. Fallout 76 has a multi-hour quest a person has to go through to even be able to summon the game's boss enemy. You can't just stand there and farm it.

"Yeah but that'd ruin the economy" - maybe. But that'snot actually relevant to the point. The problem is expectation, and the frustration it generates, hurting player retention. The fact that even the above *could* hurt the player economy is indicative of fundamental problems with the player economy, such as the fact that items are rarely lost. But that's another discussion.

9. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

For peeps without Twitter: Chris is working in loot tables. Didn't exactly follow wich mobs but he is working on them.

10. Aetrion

Aetrion Avatar

They really can't give bosses worthwhile loot without first implementing a system that allows individual rewards. Boss fights are supposed to be a challenge, and that means they aren't supposed to be an efficient way to raise money and get items, they are supposed to be a high risk proposition that at the very least is likely to waste your time, if not significant amounts of resources. That means if bosses just drop a bunch of tradeable goods they simply fall into the same old cost benefit analysis that everything else does. If you can farm the boss at a profit you will, and if you can't you just do whatever the next most profitable thing you can do is to buy the drops from those who can. That doesn't make boss fights into a milestone for adventurers, nor does it really create any meaningful rewards, it just creates a need for the devs to always make whatever new content comes out more profitable than what they had before.

On the other hand, if defeating a boss is the only way to get highly desirable items or other rewards that can't be traded it changes the whole paradigm. Now the boss fight can be extremely inefficient and difficult, consume massive amounts of people's time and resources, and they will still do it if they want those rewards. Attempting the boss fight IS the investment when you can get something out of it that can't be traded. That means the rewards are much more meaningful, and it doesn't mean the boss loot has to compete with other loot for profitability, it just has to be worth having.

Drya, Redhammer, Elwyn and 1 other person like this.
  11. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Let us all agree that Chris is a builder, not a maintainer. There needs to be staff that does maintenance on these systems that are left behind and in need of updates.

Jaesun, Elrond and Rada Torment like this.
  12. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

That's the only way. Farming them takes zero effort other than the fight, and that, though big, never takes our guild hunts more than five maybe eight minutes?

So what do we expect for five minutes of effort? How long does it take you to kill one of these @Pavlitto ?

Astirian likes this.
  13. Rekih

Rekih Avatar

Hehe... five minutes? Months of leveling (character progression) to be able to solo bosses like that. Effort (time) vs reward is broken here.

14. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

And then hours of farming it, kill after kill. If you're farming, don't expect much, that's what we in agriculture families have come to know.

Yeah, if it were at the end of a two hour dungeon, then you should expect a giant pile of gold and something epic.

15. Bankchick

Bankchick Avatar

Looks like you didn't even get that.

Titania Xylia, Mishikal and FrostII like this.
  16. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

In my opinion there should be exclusive drops for every boss.
    When you go to kill daemon you usualy do it to get a vrul, cause you know that daemon is the one that drops it more often, let's say daemon has 20% chance to drop it while other bosses have less than 1% to drop that specific item.
    It should work in that way for every boss, so a phoenix for example should have more chance to drop Ankh of wala and so on: it could give a bit more reward for Killing the boss. Another thing that should be done in my opinion is boosting the loot in general, so more igg and more xp, after you kill a 40k hp boss you want to earn something good for the time spent, considering that in a UT run with a life mage lvl 100 you can get 30k igg and 2milion xp in 15 min or so with little effort.

Drya, Xee, krakenvarados and 4 others like this.
  17. Bankchick

Bankchick Avatar

Its worse than that, for those of us that DID push ourselves to attain high adventure levels (above 120) , Chris just comes along and nerfs the build once you started actually having fun. I've said before, I get all the "tedious" I need from work and my family does a great job filling my "Disappointed" bucket, so I would just like to find a game that is actually FUN and REWARDING to play. I have been playing since persistence and one day, I could solo the Aether Dragon, (If all went well in about a 20 minute fight) to now I get killed in the Rise Library. It really takes all the wind outa yo sails...

Mishikal likes this.
  18. Bankchick

Bankchick Avatar

Yes, you are. I can get the same artifacts fighting liches on Lich hill than I can killing an Aether dragon... fail.

Drya, Mishikal, Feeyo and 1 other person like this.
  19. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

I already said that there are plenty of places with great loot. The problem of dragon is very easy to solve - make dragon head exclusive to dragon headdress (different heads have different bonus) Aether have to get the best bonus, + give bone leggins by default +5 str+20 hp, price of neck raised, dragon farming become very profitable.
    P.S. More @Chris said that it is a great idea to implement on the stream hope they will do it soon.
    P.S.S. And if you want to get exact stat for daemon 1 of 35 give you a vrul heart which is ok and great loot on a long range.
    P.S.S.S
    @Pavlitto is PVE god this is why he asks here.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  20. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

Definitely boosting bone armor and head headress is a great idea ( bone armor is already good in my opinion, but ppl prefer to stick on other kind of armors ), i have lot of neckbone i can't sell for 10k ea, i remember on past when bone armor was one of the most used armor they used to worth 40/50k each. I would like to add also that bone armor should have been an epic armor, like mossy handle Spears, cause it is Made by components get from boss, so you have to kill almost every boss to craft a full set.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.