The power creep is getting silly.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aetrion, Oct 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

When Castle Sieges come into the game (or something like that), we will need a town called Portalarium (or Catnip) where the devs defend against Avatars ;-)

that would be a hoot!

2. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Aye brother, They may try to defend it but to no avail, heads of pikes at that point for them *grins* R/Boris/El Pirata

Floors likes this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

My only real complaint with gear is that artifacts can be enchanted/masterworked, so instead of being a choice between an artifact or crafted gear, the artifact just wins outright.

Other than that, if you just try playing the game as it's designed then you might find that it's actually fun.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  4. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

Which weapon artifact (wand/staff/sword/polearm) is better than a crafted one ? Which armor artifact is better than carapacian, hard leather, constant ? Except jewels and belt almost all best item in slot are crafted.

5. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

There are hoods. The Cabalist Hoods outclass crafted gear by miles.

Also some Fire Mages have taken a liking to the Vexlyn wand, especially now that it is upgradeable. Envy & Xen bows are pretty darn good too.

Jewelry is 100% outclassed by artifacts too.

So this leaves Weapons (if not a fire/sun/life Mage or archer), Chest, Legs, Gloves, Boots and backslot (unless you wear the shroud), That means 5-7 out of 11 slots are Artifact slots that's pretty much either more than half or less than half depending on what and how you play.

Boris Mondragon and Spinok like this.
  6. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

For some builds helm better then hoods.
    I see artifacts in this game(in latest implementation) as very rare components for crafting. So for me there is no difference within warlock chain, hard leather chest/leggins or Xen. Almost all artifacts without chants/mw on it are crap. So crafted gear is the best.

7. Joe Zhudarak

Joe Zhudarak Avatar

1) You can´t have same spell damage and the Fire damage enchant with Vexlyn. A good Hard maple staff or 2 wands are way better, i already tested it!
    2) Cabalist hood was op, but some players like me prefer % spell critical chance and more focus than 20 more int since major enchants were implemented you can have +250 of your main status without these hoods
    3) Shroud was really good backslot but now a mediocre crafted one are better.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  8. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Never said water was lackluster, been enjoying my 50-100 tick heals with a chance to cleanse a fire DoT, my 15 minute Douse, my Ice Shield that helps my attunement thus more power, my Avoidance thus my Glancing blows, and my fire resistance. Theres also my Ice field that can slow by 70%+, and my Water elemental that heals extra too (If only I knew what the ice elemental did.. )

The one thing about these spells is that I dont run them all on the same bar, and I stack Cast them. Having them interfere with my spam casting setup that I have with Ice Arrow would pretty much ruin it.

Dhanas likes this.
  9. Aetrion

Aetrion Avatar

I'm not sure what your deck looks like, but I'm having a hard time envisioning a deck that requires more than two slots to spam a single spell, and doesn't need at least some other glyphs in there to avoid slugs.

10. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

1-Aetheric Feedback
    2-Icearrow, Searing Ray, Lightning
    3-Knights Grace
    4-Healing Touch
    5-Ice Field
    6-Elynsian Illumination
    7-Healing Grace
    8-Glancing Blow
    9-Inner Strength
    10-Spellbinders Stance

Ice shield, Douse, Soothing Rain and my elemental are on my buff bar, because they last MORE than enough for me to finish a Fight before they end.

Being a X Mage does not mean you fill your bar with the whole school, some spells last long enough to not care about them during a fight, while branching out a little will help even more. Being an X mage is simply where you focus your power. All I want is to cast Ice Field to reduce Water resistance and the cast Ice Arrow as fast as possible to shred my opponent, I dont need to have my summon and Cast a shield ready in an instant, so why not add weaker spells that will be used?

Reading your message makes me think maybe you actually need help with how you set your deck? If so, have you asked around how to make a good one?

11. Aetrion

Aetrion Avatar

I never said you should have to fill your bar with a whole school. Let me pull up that quote so you can read it again.

You asked me how characters should be defined if not by gear. I told you that I think they should be defined by their decks. I also specifically said that I don't see attunement as a system that should punish people for branching out, I see it as a system that should reward people for not cherry picking only the best abilities. The point is that if someone does put douse on their bar they should get a little boost that makes it worth their while, because it obviously isn't the ideal configuration, not that this should be mandatory.

Having optimized a character to the current system doesn't mean the current system is good. It actually doesn't make a lick of sense to have to supplement a single spell with lightning and lasers that do baby damage just so you don't throw slugs. If they added two more attack spells to the water tree in Episode 2 your build would get significantly more powerful simply because you'd actually be firing spells that work on your attunement.

Also good job on once again not being able to abstain from having to question my character or ability to play the game. That sure makes you seem like you're trying to have a sincere argument and not just trying to make me too uncomfortable to speak my mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.