1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed 65953] Path of Love Necropolis quest - Samael will not follow

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by fooBrew, Oct 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fooBrew

fooBrew Avatar

10/23/2019 22:05
    Title: Explore the Necropolis quest for path of Love
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: Samael is in the Necropolis with me but will not follow me or join a party with me. I also can't leave so not sure what to do other than teleport out.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor (12) System RAM: 32162
    GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT GPU RAM: 8176
    SotA.Win.64.1059.Date.10.22.19
    Area: Novia_R1_Forest01_Necropolis/Necropolis with Samael
    Area Display Name: The Necropolis
    Loc: (119.6, 10.0, 607.8)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfRm9yZXN0MDFfTmVjcm9wb2xpc3xOZWNyb3BvbGlzIHdpdGggU2FtYWVsfCgxMTkuNTUyLCAxMC4wMDUsIDYwNy43OTUpfCgwLCAwLjkxNywgMCwgLTAuMzk4KXwtMTU3My41MDJ8MTMuNDg0NnwzLjI0MjUxOQ==

2. fooBrew

fooBrew Avatar

I was able to complete the quest by teleporting out, going to the inn and telling Samael he's 'fired' and then hiring Kardan. Kardan followed me without issue through the Necropolis.

3. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report and update! Issue #65953

I'm not sure why Samael wouldn't follow you. He should "attach" to you when you first talk/say "hello" to him.

Did you try talking to Samael with anything other than "hello"? If so, I wonder if he replied at all.

After you teleported out, did you try going back in and talking to Samael again before switching to Kardan? I'm wondering if it was a one-time issue or if you could repeat it.

Jaesun likes this.
  4. fooBrew

fooBrew Avatar

I did talk to Samael many times saying different things inside and outside of the instance but to no avail. I had also logged out and back in a few times. After getting it to work with Kardan I noticed the whistle thing to summon him (Kardan) in my inventory. I'm 90% sure I had destroyed the same item from Samael when I was working with him. I had thought it was from a different quest I'd already completed. So, I think the fact Samael wouldn't talk to me was somehow related to the fact that I no longer possessed his whistle.

Jaesun likes this.
  5. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Ah, interesting. Yeah, you may have slightly broken Samael when you destroyed the whistle. Although I could have sworn Lum set it up so it could adapt to that situation. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the additional info!

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.