Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Needs Info] Claiming lot needs a relog before the land clears, but other can see it

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Vladamir Begemot, Oct 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

10/27/2019 18:45
    Title: Claiming lot needs a relog before the land clears, but other can see it
    Reproduction Rate:Bunch of times
    Blocker?Yes
    Details:Seems very related to the other relog bugs, but this is the most "Minimal other variables" time so far.

I had just relogged to get the pallet working again.

So I had only been on a few minutes. I pulled up and put down some bushes and a few tree removers, then I placed a village marker and claimed it. None of the big placing and removing of houses from the previous bug report.

It didn't clear the land on my screen. It does show as cleared on Violas. I put a house on it (from the property manager), it doesn't show up on my screen. It does show up on Violas.

The "Claim Lot" Dialog still shows it as unclaimed.

Steps to Reproduce: Standby.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor (16) System RAM: 32704
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.QA.Win.64.879.Date.10.27.19
    Area: POT_mountain_metropolis_01_template/S Mart Factorium
    Area Display Name: S Mart Factorium
    Loc: (20.1, 78.0, 1.2)
    Debug: UE9UX21vdW50YWluX21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFfdGVtcGxhdGV8UyBNYXJ0IEZhY3Rvcml1bXwoMjAuMDg2LCA3Ny45OTYsIDEuMjE5KXwoMCwgLTAuNTQyLCAwLCAwLjg0KXwzMDguNzgyN3wyMy4zNTkwNHw5LjYyMTA1Nw==

Elrond likes this.
  2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Just had it happen again. Relogged (which means dropping to the menu, I didn't wait for the log out timer).

I placed a marker for Viola, she claimed, no problem. She put a house on it from her property manager. We both saw it.

I placed another marker, claimed, and it still is showing as unclaimed and only cleared the lot on her screen, not mine.

3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Quit and restarted the client.

Dropped a Town marker, claimed it, no problem. Pushed a village home to property manager, no problem.

Viola did the same with hers, her house is still visible to me. I can run upstairs an interact with it.

4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Ok, she finally had it happen without me in at all. She came in as S'Mart Sales, turned a lot marker, claimed it, pulled the house from the property manager, put the house back in the manager and it didn't disappear on her screen. She relogged (full log out) and it's gone.

IMPORTANT NOTE: the error is happening before property manager use in most or all of these cases. The Claim UI doesn't update, but we don't notice right away because the property manager still works for the moment. In other words, I wouldn't be able to adjust deco permissions (it still says "Claim Lot") but the property manager updated, so the house can be dragged over.

Continued: After unclaiming, she tried to move the marker and couldn't, has to log out again.

Jaesun likes this.
  5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Final note before we give up on the rearrangement in frustration:

We're having a hard time moving unclaimed lot markers now. And when they do, the arrows that usually guide you don't show up.

6. wizardsmoke

wizardsmoke Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

@Vladamir Begemot

Thanks for all of the info!

This issue with lot boundaries not showing up when you are moving a lot marker has been fixed for an upcoming patch this week.

Please let us know if you are able to narrow down specific and reliable steps to reproduce the lot claiming issue that you are experiencing.

Jaesun and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  7. wizardsmoke

wizardsmoke Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

8. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

@Vladamir Begemot @wizardsmoke

Issues similar to this used to happen to me. Abandoning a lot to reclaim it with another character this would happen. I wonder if this could have something to do with slower performance when you have more than one client open.

9. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

No, I didn't, and we were getting it across multiple computers with only one client open. Hopefully today's fix is the last we hear of it!

10. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Ah. I recall it being an issue for me that sometimes happened and sometimes didn't and I assumed it to be related to performance... move manager not showing, moving lots not being reflected on my screen, unclaiming a lot not visually updating etc.

Hope it's fixed!

Jaesun and Vladamir Begemot like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.