Bring Back Chaos Fishing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Phamyns, Nov 1, 2019.

Tags:
?

Bring Back Chaos Fishing

Poll closed Nov 15, 2019.
  1. Yes, We want more contest options

21 vote(s)
    56.8%
  2. No, I dont want more contest options

16 vote(s)
    43.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phamyns

Phamyns Avatar

Chaos fishing is the event which when fishing with friends, you catch a trophy fish and the "roll 1" would roll on fish since they have a value. Recently the fish have been removed from this randomness, this has now ellimited a fishing contest from future events. Please bring back Chaos fishing, it wasnt broken, the problem was people wanted Roll 1 and now complain because everything is being rolled on. you cant be the hero and the victum, time to pick one!

Engel, Adam Crow, Jaesun and 2 others like this.
  2. Redhammer

Redhammer Avatar

Good luck, ATOS sounded very sure that this would not happen...Soooo many complaints when they first introduced the loot changes :O

This is a good way to get him to think on the change...@chris

3. Phamyns

Phamyns Avatar

They should be using forums like this to see what people want, only people that hate it are going to speak up, thats why he had no positive feed back, we liked it!!
    @Chris @Vas Corp Por @DarkStarr

Engel and Girlsname like this.
  4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I don't understand, @Phamyns
    How can it be a "contest" if the winner depends on a roll ?
    I catch a good fish and all get to "roll" on it, and they "win" ???
    They won a "roll" - NOT - a fishing contest.......
    What am I missing ?

5. Phamyns

Phamyns Avatar

The contest is simple, you must turn in a fish you stole, at end of contest the person that actually cought the fish would get the fish back, contest would have been only a few hours long. we were actually working on making this happen before a handful of people messed it up for us....

Engel and Girlsname like this.
  6. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

When we first noticed that fish were being rolled on, it gave us all a laugh.
    The party leader wasn't really paying attention so we all had a good run, calling each other "Pacu thief!" playfully and it made even our non-contest group fishing kinda a fun game whenever someone caught something good to see who they stole it from. (The trophy retains the name of the actual person who caught it, if that person was not yourself.)
    We even had an ancient golden ring drop in our fishing group. We had no idea who actually caught it (since its not a fish no name on it!) We gave it to the person who collects such nicknacks and they were happy.

I don't see this as a big deal, since you can quite easily simply raise the roll threshold up and voila, you stop rolling on stuff. It wasn't really a problem. Having rolling on fishing added another dimension of potential silliness and there was already a way to turn it off. Don't understand why that would be changed.

7. VesperMadeMeChangeIt

VesperMadeMeChangeIt Avatar

It just boggles my mind that they would take something away from people that enjoyed it, when it wasnt broken, and those that didn't want to do it could easily turn it off.

Why ruin our fun for no actual good reason?

8. Justyn

Justyn Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Seems silly, the people who don't like it could have simply changed the loot choice to turn it off. Seems very silly to get rid of it.

9. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

I’m not much of a angler but I want them to be happy because they feed me exotic spicy fish.

If they ain’t happy = I ain’t fed and happy.

Adam Crow likes this.
  10. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Poll is a loaded question. Asking if people want more contests, not if they want to roll on fish. This seems to be about roll-options when reading the thread, if jsut reading the poll, it sounds like wanting more contest stuff in general, which could also be anything but fish-rolling

Bedawyn likes this.
  11. VesperMadeMeChangeIt

VesperMadeMeChangeIt Avatar

There's no point in asking or doing a poll, because they will never considering changing it back for the people that enjoyed it, despite the fact it was completely able to be worked around.

I was told by my guild members this is because I can log in with a bunch of alts, group up and just spam/macro fishing and not be worried about weight limits.

Just like people can do UT or something - perhaps this entire roll for loot turned down that low needs to be reconsidered if people could do UT solo with their alts and not worry about filling up? Not sure why this is a concern with stupid fish and not actual loot.

Phamyns likes this.
  12. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

just a theory: people can fish in zones with banks, and these zones also get the no-focus-drain-from-encumbrance-in-towns thing. they've been very careful not to put banks in zones with actual mobs, no matter how many times people have asked for them in outskirts.

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.