Where can we find out the enchants and masterworks available for a given type of armor?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by spainchaud, Nov 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spainchaud

spainchaud Avatar

Today I made up a bunch of fustian fortified cloth helms. I am an archer who casts magic, so I wanted dexterity on the helms. After masterworking three of them, with level 100+ skills, I never got a dexterity bonus. I decided not to waste more silver and stopped there.

If I have mastered a crafting tree, then I should know what kind of bonuses I can get. I basically wasted a whole evening preparing materials for this craft, only to find out I can't get the bonus I want? Anyone know where there is an up to date list for the different armors?

Spoon and FrostII like this.
  2. Toular

Toular Avatar

I believe stat bonuses come from enchanting, not masterwork.

3. spainchaud

spainchaud Avatar

Not correct. I could get minor, regular, and major intelligence bonuses from masterworking the helm. Just no dexterity bonuses, which should be available on all light armor in my opinion.

Chatele, Jaesun and FrostII like this.
  4. Titania Xylia

Titania Xylia Avatar

The system is nuts. You have to make a 100 or so of the items you want to nail the stats you need, which drives all the farming for mats. I'd much rather not play a slot machine when crafting.

It's not as ludicrous as something like Star Trek online. I'd easily make 500 phaser arrays to get the stats that I needed on ONE of EIGHT phaser weapons lol. It would easily take 10 crafting turns to finish one item, which is like SOTA, but 5k pulls at the slot machine is just lame.

Gravidy, Jaesun and FrostII like this.
  5. spainchaud

spainchaud Avatar

I actually made 22 of the cloth helms, so I would have a chance to get what I wanted. That was a big mistake, wasting all that fustian cloth.

FrostII likes this.
  6. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

You can't get dex from masterwork in cloth armor, but just from enchantment. You can get dex from masterwork just on leather armors.
    Cloth armor has int masterwork, leather dex And chain/plate strenght.

Paladin Michael and Adam Crow like this.
  7. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

@spainchaud Yeah you want to use yards of leather with fustian straps if you're looking for dexterity and a boost to focus.

Paladin Michael and Dhanas like this.
  8. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

In Rinzai, POT nested in desolis (default entrance to desolis, then on left 2 wagons, 2nd I think is Rinzai). There they have a crafting museum. Has examples of every material item and masterworks and enchantments.

I think they are opposite the dock.

As it is the actual items, it is up to date as as the items change they update.

I assume you know, as 100+ in MW but for others reading, hover over the items with Ctrl held. This will give a breakdown of all the stats on the item, ie what is giving what.

Regards
    Spung

Jaesun, Gravidy and Vero like this.
  9. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

There is a list in the forums of all the options, you will have to to search for it. Not sure if it has the current updates since the heavyweight stuff came in.

If you have GM mastery or higher it makes it a lot easier to get what you want with the re-roll options. However I have found that its not completely random. There seem to be options that are linked together like a set to pick from. When I pick a certain set you can re-roll several times and get the same set which tells me its not completely random... or it seems that way at least. I think it picks the options much like look does when a bag is opened or on craft then the re-roll just cycles through the ones that were picked for that set and not a complete re-roll of all options. but as I said could be wrong and may just be perceived that way.

10. Gageman

Gageman Avatar

Cloth helms get the INT bonus stats, leather gets Dex.

Dhanas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.