What changes would get you to play Shroud again.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by City Slicker, Nov 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. City Slicker

City Slicker Avatar

I know there's alot of you who Lurk and are still active on the forums who do not play shroud. Well, I am cerious as to your thoughts on what changes would have to be done for you to play shroud again?
    What will it take?

2. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

I want a rich and lush story with voice narration and meaningful quests that are not bugged.

3. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

What was promised in the Kickstarter: "Our primary objectives are to tell a story even more compelling than Ultimas IV-VII".

4. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

For me?

a) Meaningful rewards for killing boss mobs. I've killed some 50+ cabalists and had zero drops, ever, of any of their special gear. I gave up on them. In fact, I can't say I've ever gotten anything useful from any boss mob I killed in the game during 5 years of playing it. Not multitudes of dragons or cabalists or special event mobs, etc. Zero, zilch, nada.

b) Complete overhaul of agriculture. The current planting schedule is a nightmare, and missing a watering of a crop means you operate at a loss

c) Complete overhaul of the questing interface and a complete overhaul of the quests themselves.

d) As others have said, an interesting and compelling story

e) Time dedicated to finishing the various interfaces.

f) Fix the multitudes of housing issues

g) Get rid of the heritage system

h) Ground up rewrite of the crafting system. There are endless threads on the issues (I keep this separate from agriculture)

i) Rework the specialization combat system via the method I proposed a while back (You can specialize every tree, but only have 2 active at any given time). This would fulfill the kickstarter promise to be whatever you want to be, while still enforcing choices on what you want to be at a given time.

j) Restore single player online, as was promised to backers

I'm sure there's a few hundred other things, but those are just a couple off the top of my head.

Nhili Dragon, Sophi, Mhtic and 20 others like this.
  5. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Yup, it's about the quests and the journal for me. Need more quests and a better journal. Perhaps a panel that shows daily quests, and some daily quests to be in that window!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  6. Kyosa

Kyosa Avatar

I still play but cause of my friends i recruited to play with me, but i am looking for a new mmo atm.

Changes ?

1.) Honest communication from devs, no more promises, and giveaway stream rewards not even done yet.
    2.) No bugged items sold on the store, test befor release, there is a QA server !
    3.) Fix encounters and scenes, test on QA 1st
    4.) Many skills bugged as hell, they do not work at all or wrong description., just check your log.
    5.) Many items like silver scraps ingame a long time, no use at all.
    6.) Next they make GM potions for player events, omg..do you ever think one second ?
    Sota devs..you ever played a game on a private server with a private server admin ?
    7.) UI-spell bar is bugged and not fixed since months, now they open code for players. guess why ?
    Devs your not able to do a simple "lock" option for spell bar yourself ?

Same mistake like many other mmos, push content and earn max money until its dead ?
    Well i guess thats the way atm :p gl :)

Chris especially likes the money train on twitch a lot,
    all the bit donators are his special friends and vips.

Very positive is the new Ulfheim, this dev polished it very well, and fixed small bugs very fast.
    This is how the game should be.

Nhili Dragon, Sophi, Addison and 10 others like this.
  7. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

WAIT! Was that a squirrel?? :O

Addison likes this.
  8. redfish

redfish Avatar

I think there's a lot of temptation to focus on specific features in the game where if X, Y, and Z were fixed, or A, B, and C were added, everyone would start playing again.

The bigger problem for me, and I think lot of others, is the vision behind the game. To put it simply: I don't know why I'm supposed to be "into" this game.
    - Is it to teleport to locations to do mindless grinding?
    - Is it to go to dance parties?
    - Is it to buy junk off of an add-on store?

I knew why I was "into" the Kickstarter vision.

9. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Yup.. for me, it was Ultima 7 storytelling that really drew me in. This is after I found out my favorite rpg Dragon Warrior (on the NES) was totally based on the Ultima series. I was hoping for something even close to Ultima 7 for immersion and storytelling, something that we deserve from a Richard Garriott game.

P.S. At least I can still play Ultima 7 on GOG, :p And it is perfection.

10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

11. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Barugon likes this.
  12. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

13. redfish

redfish Avatar

Namaste

Synergy Blaize likes this.
  14. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Honestly, it won't take a lot for us forum lurkers to jump back in. We just need incentive.

15. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

• Boats
    • Episode 2
    • PvP matchmaking
    • Party amalgamation
    • Vendor Mall / search database
    • Mortal Kombat style finishing moves

16. Aetrion

Aetrion Avatar

I haven't stopped playing because I play with people I enjoy hanging out with, but the biggest thing that would get me more excited about playing the game would be less upkeep grind, more rewards for actually going out and exploring and adventuring that you can't get by just buying them from someone else. Move that upkeep stuff to the town and community building aspect of the game.

17. Sarek

Sarek Avatar

Back in the day I played Star Wars Galaxies because like most I wanted to be a Jedi. In the beginning before the interstellar shat from space nuked the game, to become a Jedi required real exploration - each person had a different path to unlock force sensitivity. It wasn't perfect but it gave a driver for the grind and ultimately a reward which maybe few would achieve. I think we are potentially at that point with item affinity, I hope that really become something of meaning and not just grind X thousand of the same mob to unlock a 0.004 improvement plus a pink glow to the weapon and a butterfly effect on swinging. PLEASE make it a meaningful thing and in my personal view all artefacts should be obtained in a similar manner, make them hard as hell to get, powerful enough to be game changing and feel unique. All arties in game currently feel like popping down to the shop for a pint of milk, no stuff of legend here sadly.

Here is an example of new artefact, after completing a hidden and complex path which is unique to the character they discover the blade of blood lust, the magical dagger moves so fast it is a blur and its sharpness creates a bleed effect with every strike up to a limit of 20 stacks. The downside is the blade creates lust in all who see it, the wielder is automatically PVP flagged on drawing the weapon (timer stays up for X minutes after putting it away). Now make it one of a kind or have a twin and boom you have something special which feels special and can be taken by anyone so great power but great risk of loss. People would whisper on who has this blade of legend, maybe that tablet of finding would have a purpose after all...

We have the stars, we have a calendar all it needs is an ancient scroll in a treasure chest which tells you to kill an unknown boss mob which will appear at a certain date / time / location. Do you go alone or risk a group? If you screw it up its a year wait for another try... There are many ways to leverage the mechanics we already have in game to make things infinitely more interesting, just needs some extra creative sauce - these things will feed player created quests and content. Make that artefact only storable on a pedestal located in a dungeon which can be looted and give the creator real mobs and traps to protect it. Then it's game on for the community!

Vaiden Luro, Spoon, Rinaldi and 4 others like this.
  18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Here's hoping that some good stuff is coming for episode 2.

19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Maybe they need to make certain high-end loot rewards non-tradable?

20. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I have to say well I'm still here. I'm not really doing much with the game anymore. I still come in and putter around Wizards Rest which is the town I manage with Baldrith.

I truly love so much about this game and am deeply saddened to see so much of the direction missing basics.

Just once I'd like to hear that focus will be happening. We are still all over the place. Yes it's a small team but could we stop for one second to focus?

I agree we need the compelling story. This game has no story that you really, really feel the minute you come into the game. It has to be dug out and I mean really dug out. When you enter a scene narration should happen whether it is written or narrated. Quest givers should be in every scene for those who want them.

Pvp should also tell a story. We have No quests for that either.

We have a zillion empty and meaningless scenes. Why? Not to say what is there is not well done but it stopped at that. Most Scenes do not convey a story.

I hated when the world builders were throwing out scene after scene with not enhancing them with lore, daily quests and reasons to return over and over.

I wanted much less scenes and the ones we have to get enhanced to be rich with the story of this game. Adding this and that is not a bad thing but it doesn't address the missing basics of this game to make us want to come back to scenes.

So now is any of that going to happen for those of us who have waited so long? Who knows in the years to come. We can only hope to fill in the blanks.

I believe with rich story, a journal with tabs, an achievement system for doing everything in the game, enriching scenes so we visit and have many reasons to revisit them this will add so much. As mentioned there should be Quest givers in each scene.

Also I feel we need basics like a Battlegroud system that are timed and capture situations with quests. Of course we need that Raid system please.

Every type of merchant needs to give out dailies with progressive quests. We even need pvp quests imo.

We need popular systems to come in. Things like Mounts to joust with, horse racing, and who is a friend to help us carry a bit more.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Also we need boating on any scale, rowboats even. We need waterways to explore and to do deep sea fishing. Also pvpers could do sea battles and of course we need sea monsters.

[​IMG][​IMG]

We still need to improve cooking to get masterworking added to it to make use of all tier recipes. Alcohol needs to have a place in cooking to make brewing more viable.

Don't think any of this will happen one day? I have to say I am very doubtful much of it will.

Every time I think it might happen we get another distraction. Suddenly We got rid of a bunch of the team.

Then it was dungeon building that took a ton of time, then some new dungeons, now it is LUA.

Treasure hunting is planned they say. Not in the details I wanted for it. Just treasure maps to now grind for. So very sad.

[​IMG][​IMG]

I don't expect much basics to come in that for me I do feel are most important. Yes well hopefully patience will pay off and I'm not the only one who wants this game to have more details to it than grinding for xp and bosses.

While those can be here as well these things are not the game everyone wants to play every single day. We need to be a complete game since we have the beginnings on being a game for many types of players. Lets finish up those things too.

Not everyone cares about the feel and just wants another dungeon.piece or new dungeon even. Perhaps They care less for some of the things important to me. I care about this game and love it but I am very, very disappointed and sad.

Of course it's not all doom and gloom. Always new things and improvements are happening. My heart is still hoping. *cheers* everyone.

edited** I would love to hear Lord British do some narrations for this game upon entering some scenes. Why is this missing?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.