Craftable teleportes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adam Crow, Nov 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Why not craftable teleporters that cost what the others do. So for 4500 cotos some stone and some wood and a letter from a town crier I should be able to create as teleport to a town or a pot. Maybe have some type of item you rarely collect in each zone that is needed to craft that type of teleporter.

As an added benefit maybe the craftable ones can have multiple locations so pot owners can save a bit of space. Instead of buying the ones from the coto store, you craft it instead and it allows you to select where you want to go from a drop down menu. You could keep adding it to the crafting table to add more locations, but each time it also costs cotos.

Jaesun, Yigg Endimion and Nick like this.
  2. Yigg Endimion

Yigg Endimion Avatar

Or maybe let us craft scrolls that let you recall/teleport to any lot you have claimed. Could also maybe let us recall to any lot we have claimed, instead of just 1, put in a drop-down menu when we use a scroll. My 2cents.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  3. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all and Adam Crow

I would not look for craftable teleports for a while and definitely not one that will teleport you to multiple places. Most things they craft for the COTO Store are for making money so they will be unique for a while. Also with the current teleports only able to teleport to 1 place having craftable ones that have multiple destinations would obsolete the COTO Store ones they are trying to make money on.

Give it some time. When they see the purchasing of them drop off they will either make different ones or open them up to crafting.

Patience is a Virtue, just not in Shroud of the Avatar

Paladin Michael likes this.
  4. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Im not sure if you read my post correctly, but i have included a cost of 4500 cotos in the crafting process to create these. You could even put that a bit higher since it would allow pot owners to save space. Then they would be making the same or even more money off this feature...

5. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings
    Yes I say that but you also commented on the multiple destinations. I agree making them the cost a lot to craft not including the ingredients and special item from a destination would be good but I still think that they would be against it. Players would say it is unfair. I am with you though once they allow crafting of these is should be a cost of maybe 10 "Teleport to Zone" for each destination you want to add to the teleporter.

6. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I just think a current issue with the sale of the store ones is they are very large and players have a limited amount of deco spots for their towns. This would alleviate that issue and produce more revenue. As more and more dungeons are introduced it will be hard to find room for all of the teleporters.

They could also be bound to the player like the store bought ones so they are untradeable.

7. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

Hmmmm.......
    What about the good old runes from UO?
    That would allow that, when use teleport on them, to appear exactly in the zone and location where the rune was marked. Also a rune can only carry one location.
    And may it brings back the good old gate. (Using the VFX (the blue ball) from moongates already in game. ) With a gate it is easier for a group to jump from one point to another one. The gate should be passable by everyone, not only the group.
    Additionally to a recall (äh teleport scroll) and a gate scroll, may this three spells (teleport, gate, mark) are added to the moon tree.

Yigg Endimion likes this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The devs have been very opposed to this for some reason that I don't know.

9. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

How about you could just eventually combine the store bought ones into one massive portal. It already looks kind of weird with the limited amount we have now, when they are all sitting in a big group next to each other. And it takes up a lot of space.

The pot owners could free up deco spots and space while keeping the revenue exactly the same. You could even charge a small fee like 100 cotos each time you added a new destination to the rift.

That would make these teleporters completely obsolete. Imagine the uproar from anyone who bought one. They would all have to be refunded their cotos, so that really isn't a possibility anymore.

They could still be added for towns though. I would love to see that! Would make getting to events and multiple properties much more convenient!

Spoon likes this.
  10. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Not sure if you heard but there was talk also of a teleport book coming so I suspect that they maybe making something close to the rune book from UO. Lets hope then we can do away with all these scroll types.

Adam Crow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.