Elad's Lighthouse Settlers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fain, Aug 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

There are two places in particular that "I" like and why..,

Brookside
    • It is very foggy there and has a real dark personality, It is easily the best place for those that want to play the dark side hands down. Nothing else even comes close.
    • Since the lunar rift goes there, it is also the gateway town for those entering and leaving the region. The cross point for this area is BRUTAL!!! So the the lunar rift is the way most will travel to and from the region which includes great areas like the Graft Gem mines.
    • It is still marked as a town based on another to be updated, .... so I expect fast travel and a fine tuning of the area at the very least.
    Mud
    • It is small like Kings port, with fast entry and easy navigation. There are very few small NPC towns like this.
    • It has not seen the re-skin stick yet, so anything is possible still.
    • It is desolate enough that the local resources should be more plentiful.
    • There are still very premium spots there for lots of all sizes. I am talking heavily trafficked spots too.

Gregg247 and Numa like this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

they're already in the prts, even the tiny ones in the vale which aren't getting the new templates.

Womby likes this.
  3. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

Thanks for the advice! Loved Brookside and have moved some of my lots from Elad's to Brookside. You can find my lots at the Shrine of Compassion.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    Tahru likes this.
  4. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Awesome! I have a town lot in there as well. It is not all decorated yet as I am focusing my efforts on Crafter's Oasis in desolis. I will be glad when I can cross the pass on my own.

5. stile

stile Avatar

Someone recently dropped me a note and asked me to sell on their vendor.

Reason? they want to help Elads grow, and be a good community place.

I can appreciate that. So as I have been thinking about this more....

- Not sure how quickly ill be doing it, but ill be adding vendors at my City lot, the island below Guildars falls. As ive mentioned before, I have a full set of expert crafting stations there, among other things, that people may feel free to use. Im often crafting there meyself and Im GM in all the core production crafting skills, along with a few others, so you can grab the bonus of me being around..if im around (business makes me pop in and out a lot, be warned). Soo - the vendors I put up will be all recipie vendors. Cant afford the 20k per vendor at the moment but will do this soon.. Or ill find those extras I bought i seem to have lost.

- Beyond that, If you own a lot in Elads light house, and you do not vend yourself, let me know and ill vend it, to help start making elads a more happening place! If you have a commission-free vendor you provide, ill send you 5% of whatever I sell.. otherwise, ill have to buy a NPC vendor and pay it 10%, so i cant afford any additional kickbacks. Ill theme vendors so as to make Elads a pleasant shopping experience... please be advised this would take me a while to do, espically if several people asked me to - and im low on funds right now... but ill get it done :)

so, anyway.. not really looking for vendors at the moment (I have 3 to load right now, im working on.. and i always have people offering more), but it occurred to me.. I love elads, a lot of my friends live there... if your not going to do anything with it, im offering to, primarily to help boost our beloved town *nods and bows*

-oddjob

Retlaw likes this.
  6. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

Placed a City lot close to the docks with crafting stations that anyone can use. Just dont drink all the booze :)

[​IMG]

craftymethod and Jaesun like this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Does Elad's have a practice dummy/target somewhere? I periodically need one and Elad's is the closest NPC town. I wish that I could place one in my POT.

8. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

Have one on the above lot but I think you can only use it when I'm on the lot

Barugon likes this.
  9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yeah, that's the problem.

10. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

Anyone growing selling hops & barley here? would like to have a local source for my brewery :)

11. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

Looks like Elad's is getting more residents again, and Hawkwind is back with 2 village lots! Welcome back!

12. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Yup. I moved there a few weeks ago from Parrots Roost. When I noticed there were people actually in scene there, I had to join. It's lonely in towns with lots of houses but nobody there. :/

No vendor. Just me and my kids playing SOTA from time to time. I've given them access to my vendors and we talk about how it works and pricing. Vendors in NBM and Etceter. Both under my name. Usually raw materials sold like Gold and Silver ore. Other items that may be of interest. From supply bundles to the occasional weapon or armor. Sometimes we've been known to sell an Artifact or two.

Anyway, Elads Lighthouse looks very nice. I love the view and hopefully when we have boats / balloons active, we can sail around in my hot air balloon checking things out :)

Parrots Roost I have a water town lot there still. It has my floating water garden. I really wanted a water lot in case boats and deep sea fishing become a thing. Might move it someday. Not sure where yet.

craftymethod likes this.
  13. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Sad to see everyone leave this town,

I don't know why there's so much effort to pull players away from NPC towns to POT's, new players cant even use their free row deeds here.

This is what happens when you only ensure a town "looks nice" and stop development at that.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
  14. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

Still here, have the castle on the hill and the town lot above the waterfalls. But the other 17 lots I moved to my swamp island Dark Bayou! reached by the balloon at the main entrance.

Dark Bayou is all about water lot homes in a dark, gloomy setting! also a 'lost' Kobold town.

craftymethod likes this.
  15. Matt Black

Matt Black Avatar

I just moved to the townlot closest to the guard house in the main square after being on a water village lot for a year or more. I never understood why Elads was not more popular with it's quick access to central Brittany docks.

Retlaw, Fiero Steele and craftymethod like this.
  16. Hawkwind

Hawkwind Avatar

After a long time away I have recently found my way back to Elads....back to the town I initially started in.

Its good to be back.

17. Fain

Fain Avatar

Elads was the best home. I’m glad to see you are still there Hawkwind. I have moved on to other worlds than this one :(

18. Matt Black

Matt Black Avatar

I have noticed the vacant lot numbers in Elads creeping up again. :(

19. Governance

Governance Avatar

I moved to Elad's today and loving it so far :)

20. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

Out of curiosity how are those better than the ones in normal towns? The PoT I have a lot in has those too so I'm curious!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.