What's wrong with this game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pavlitto, Oct 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

The original poster's question was 'what's is wrong with this game'. By nature, any answer is going to be a negative as it is an opinion about something that is wrong with the game.

It's hard to mask the frustration sometimes, especially when we've been told so many times that certain things are coming, and yet we still don't have rewarding pvp content, with the key word being 'rewarding' along with fun, fair, exciting, etc.

Look chris, I know you have a tough job, and I know we are not good critics, but some of our criticisms are fair, and some of the choices ya'll have made have been questionable in terms of retaining customers.

I would be happy instead of grumpy, if you can take us in a direction that solves some of those issues. I have been mostly quiet on here, and am trying to give you time to implement changes that make this game successful to a wider audience, which is what we all want. But you have to be honest with yourself and us and deal with some of the issues that plague this game. Time and opportunity is slipping away my friend, slipping away.

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

With the recent boost to two-handed weapon durability and the upcoming increase to glove and boot durability, I don't think that getting exceptional will be that necessary. I do think that components (like imbued bowstrings) are too rare though.

3. jschoice

jschoice Avatar

Yes ESO is way more crowded for sure. I played ESO since Beta, so you might not know that the game cost over 50 million to develop and when it released it flopped. A full sized team fully funded released a game with so many bugs it almost died. Luckily they when through some pretty massive changes. Until they dumped the mandatory subscription went to a buy the box to play model do we now see the boost in numbers. ESO is a solid game now without a doubt. But to compare a kick starter game with a hand full of devs to a Zenimax/Bethesda Dev team with well over a 100 people and a near limitless budget.

Making a massively multiplayer game is not easy and takes massive resources. 3 of the more popular games is World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy XiV, and Elder Scrolls Online. Both Final Fantasy XIV and ESO needed to be rebooted and re-rekeased.

Wildstar, Warhammer Online, Vanguard: Saga of Heros, Star Wars Galaxies, Blessed Online and Tabula Rosa are just of few of the games from with large Dev teams and budgets that failed.

Sean Silverfoot, Astirian and Jaesun like this.
  4. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Yup.

One of the reasons I didn't get the game when it came out. The reviews were just as bad as what we read about SOTA.

Today those reviews are very different. And the reviewers I follow suggested giving it another change. That was enough for me to spend the $10 and check it out.

SOTA, If I thought the game wouldn't go anywhere, I wouldn't have bought all those tax free deeds not to mention the kickstarter pledges :D

I could always be wrong.

Meh. I figure you 100% fail all the shots you never take. I'm game :D

5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Of course, the down side of a large population (and no instances) is sneaking through a dungeon, creeping up on some mobs, and having three people blow by you and aggro the room. Or worse, creeping around an empty room, then suddenly getting attacked from behind because the emptiness was from the last player blowing through and killing everything, and the mobs all respawned while you were searching some barrels.

Astirian, Jaesun and Alley Oop like this.
  6. Redhammer

Redhammer Avatar

I am not normally one to "wish" for things that my game lacks, I try to focus on what I like about the game, but I have to admit it would be nice to have another 5 thousand or so new players enter the game in the next year, and then as many or more each subsequent year going on for some time...The Devs have a chance right now to focus on the good of the game...fingers crossed they can grow the player base and "make the game Great again!!"

Astirian, Jaesun and Mac2 like this.
  7. Xiones

Xiones Avatar

Make Bows Great Again...

8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

And making loot and crafted items salvageable, not just weapons. Also we salvage more than scraps please on valuable items especially.

maxdamage23 and Pavlitto like this.
  9. Malek Zandor

Malek Zandor Avatar

Please think about empty and unused NPC-Towns like for excample:
    Magna Planitia
    What you can do with those towns is to change at first the entering boundary to docks/central bridge to let visitors see how beautiful they are designed for residents.
    An idea is to make it possible for actual acitve governors to claim such a town when willing to give up his own pot
    I could imagine living in such town as a governor - the npc-structure has to be like it is now with placed npc-buildings, walking npc's and animals.
    That should be unedible for the Governor.
    For the rest of the map/town the Governor should have same rights as he has now in his pot.
    Another idea is - that you kills those dead npc-towns from map, give pot-owners more options to create lovely decorations.
    In my opinion really every item that is ingame and has as description "Decoration" in tooltip should be usable for pot-owners to use them as decoration in their own town to ake them more different from other towns.

Please think about future use of npc-towns.
    The community even need town that are living.
    There is no sense in having tons of dead npc-towns and also no sense in having dead player owned town.

Thank you
    Malek Zandor
    Governor Hammaburg

Pictures below are from dead npc-town Etan Glen taken as an excample for much more dead towns ingame we have

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    Sea Bear likes this.
  10. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Maybe if the sell to NPC loot cycle had ever been implemented beyond the bare bones, which obviously crafters won't ever use it because it pays almost no gold, it would have worked?

Seriously, get the high end gear into the loot table. It would have taken a lot less time than all the months poured into artifacts.

But oh wait, only Adventurers can get a gold faucet, can't have crafters making any gold.

Or just keep throwing crafters under the bus, then backing back and forth across them, that's the other option.

kaeshiva likes this.
  11. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Avatar

Agree with everything you suggest, not sure if all of it can be done, but around here we have to pick and choose what we wish to fight for and just try for some progress. These forums to me are a black hole for quite awhile now as the game and team developers have gone onto to other directions or left us all together. IMHO the best place to seek a open ear has been on twitch during Chris's live streams sometimes the entire team gets on as well. you can type questions and bring things to their attention there. Check out on the SOTA home page under community discord or twitch broadcast schedules

good luck my friend as a fellow governor I feel you bro!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.