What changed?

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Elrich Skychosen, Nov 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elrich Skychosen

Elrich Skychosen Avatar

I left for awhile but back when I first started playing when I created a new player (offline) I started out on a floating island and had to speak with the oracle to determine my beginning path. I also had two characters already created but I came back to the game recently and my characters are gone and ensted of talking to the oracle, I go straight to a town and start with a bow. What gives? Am I going to lose my characters every time they update the system is it not registering that I purchased the game? Why!? And what happened to the path choice?

2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

1st of all did you delete the game? If so that might be why you lost your Offline Characters, as they are saved locally I think.

As for the Isle of Storms, it was deemed a risk to new players, as most people would leave during their passage on the Isle and never come back.

Galguran likes this.
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

not starting at the isle of storms was a recent change. there is only one starting choice now, but choice of path remains: it was always only a choice of which one you started on as you have to complete all three eventually. you can go start with a different one, if you prefer, the instant you get out of the battle of solace bridge.

Jaesun likes this.
  4. Elrich Skychosen

Elrich Skychosen Avatar

Yeah the game was deleted. That must be it. Okay so no more isle of storms . I see. Thank you for your response.

5. Toular

Toular Avatar

Actually, the Isle still exists, it's just that players are not started there.

You can get to the Isle through a lunar rift when it is "pointing" at the location you are already at.

Personally, I think more investigation should have been done on the "why behind the why" ... in other words, why did they leave during the Isle of Storms? Was it because they started as a ghost and thought they were dead already or because they did not understand what was going on? "Questions? I don't what to play a game that asks me stuff ..."

Starting all players in Solace Bridge means they most likely never play the Blood River Outskirts or Highvale Outskirts.

One fairly large recent change is in Masterwork and Enchanting, where at GM enchant and masterwork you can get a second choice of powers.

Another one is player-made dungeons - although that's been around a while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.