I have a solution to the problem of getting patterns instead of scrap

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, Nov 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Allow us to salvage the pattern for the scraps that we would've otherwise gotten.

2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

My solution was to drop them into a chest where an alt (separate account) with the appropriate main crafting skill (carpentry, blacksmithing, etc.) and without the particular salvaging skills, could salvage them and drop the results back into the chest.

Then I can salvage the stuff I do want patterns from (such as the various regional armors) on my main, with a vastly better chance than I had before the change.

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The problem with this is that the higher your salvaging skill, the better chance you have of getting more scrap (unless, of course, you get a pattern).

4. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

It would be nice if special masterworks were tied to patterns similar to how gems give additional options. I think that would add value and an additional flavor to crafting. It would make patterns become a thing beyond simple cosmetic value.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  5. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I'm guessing they'd tie the quality of the pattern to the quality of the bonus. Nearly all my patterns are of junk (rusty sword, whatever). I doubt I'd be the slightest bit interested in the bonus I'd get for a pattern for a rusty sword. ;)

Witcheypoo likes this.
  6. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

Agree. But it would give a reason to farm patterns for crafting or vendoring apart from cosmetic tastes.

Special Masterwork: Bestow Tetanus 10% chance to cause -5% attack speed for 20 seconds. ;)

Witcheypoo and Alley Oop like this.
  7. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Hm, I'd think something more like: You can't eat or drink food for 1 day, and you'll randomly spasm out, causing you to fall to the ground and flop around. May occur during combat.

Witcheypoo, Jaesun and Alley Oop like this.
  8. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

That works too. They already have the puke emote for those attempting to eat.

Witcheypoo, Alley Oop and Mishikal like this.
  9. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Be nice if you could just salvage patterns for wood pulp. (Its paper, right?) Maybe a bit of producer xp.

Fister Magee likes this.
  10. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

This seems like it could cause more problems. If someone salvages a bought pattern. So now you need to distinguish between the 2 types.

Probably easy and less edge cases to either give us both the pattern and the scrap, or have a separate recipe for patterns rather than from
    salvage. Make it certain but with a high fuel cost and need multiple examples of the item.

Regards
    Spung

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.